Slimmer Mozzer...

No, but people said much the same thing around the time of the last album - and I don't think a happy man in a loving relationship would write songs like "I'm Ok By Myself", "Black Cloud", "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" etc etc. He has been in great voice on the most recent tour but I wouldn't immediately jump from that to making huge assumptions about his private life. When he writes another "Now My Heart is Full", I might follow your theory, but until then...I don't think love features in his immediate horizon. I hope I'm wrong. I also have trouble with the contention that if he was in love, he'd feel a sudden compulsion to lose a lot of weight and change his teeth etc. He's fine as he is...always has been.

This. :p

No, but people said much the same thing around the time of the last album - and I don't think a happy man in a loving relationship would write songs like "I'm Ok By Myself", "Black Cloud", "It's Not Your Birthday Anymore" etc etc. He has been in great voice on the most recent tour but I wouldn't immediately jump from that to making huge assumptions about his private life. When he writes another "Now My Heart is Full", I might follow your theory, but until then...I don't think love features in his immediate horizon. I hope I'm wrong. I also have trouble with the contention that if he was in love, he'd feel a sudden compulsion to lose a lot of weight and change his teeth etc. He's fine as he is...always has been.

Fair enough however I think it is a little disingenuous to mention Black Cloud etc which was so long ago and not mention Scandinavia.

But then again, I have no idea, just throwing up options. I suppose I thought of love because have you never wanted to improve your appearance for a loved one? Never worn that special shade of lipstick or worn that particular item of clothing to seek an admiring glance? You must be very lucky and very beautiful to have utter confidence in your appearance. I'm jealous! :)

Fair enough however I think it is a little disingenuous to mention Black Cloud etc which was so long ago and not mention Scandinavia.

But then again, I have no idea, just throwing up options. I suppose I thought of love because have you never wanted to improve your appearance for a loved one? Never worn that special shade of lipstick or worn that particular item of clothing to seek an admiring glance? You must be very lucky and very beautiful to have utter confidence in your appearance. I'm jealous! :)

I would never call Scandinavia a love song, not in a hundred years. It's a song of utter desolation with one moment of reprieve toward the end.

And yes, I've wanted to improve my appearance - but changing a shirt or buying a new dress is a lot different to losing 30lbs and getting some flashy Hollywood dentistry done (not that I think Moz has, I can't see anything different about his teeth). Someone who wants to change you that much doesn't love you - and Morrissey isn't that insecure.

I am really glad Morrissey has lost some weight and looks a lot healthier! He used to be soooo skinny! :)

Looking fighting fit on the new tour in his simple sweater and jeans. More mobile and interactive with fans.
Should only get better through the tour - wash those hands after you get off stage Moz!

Wish these 2 would move their friggin arms:D...why do people who stand NOT close to the stage, insist on holding their arms up throughout a show, as if Moz is somehow going to magically fly over to them, and touch their hands? Keep your arms/hands down,so that the folks behind you, can enjoy the show too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom