Slightly cheaper alternative for The Smiths' Complete super deluxe box set.

dallow_bg

the one he left behind
Rhino just announced plans to release the limited version of the boxset in America for $499.

I of coursed laughed.

I noticed Amazon has a listing for this same set though (UK version) for $364.xx and free shipping to boot. The price has actually decreased there in the past few days.
Thought it might help someone out there. You'll get it at whatever the lowest price is between now and when it ships.

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Supe...=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1315895029&sr=1-2

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
another boxest complaint

Dear Rhino,

We’ll wait another 20 years for the double disc editions of the remastered complete Smiths collection.

You seriously expect us to spend another $70-$500 on music we’ve already purchased on LP, cassette, & CD??

We all thought the release of Sound of the Smiths was a precursor to the vaults of unreleased songs, demos, rarities, remixes & alternate takes yet to be sold to our grubby eagerly awaiting little hands.

Maybe you all should have Robert Smith curate the remasters. The ongoing re-releases of the Cure catalog has been such tenderly cared for thus far.

But then again what more would we expect from the band that hypocritically sings disgust about “Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package!”

Signed,
The Masses

It was $189.99 at amazon.ca for a couple of weeks (sadly no longer available).

Amazon UK is probably the cheapest option now, about $300 shipped once they take the VAT off.

Are you serious???? $189.00..Why did no one mention this on the board?

So far the cheapest I found for the US was the presale price through Amazon.uk that ahs since gone up.

Also..I have no complaints about the boxset and am excited Rhino are releasing it as is. I've never owned contained in the set of the vinyls as they were always too competitive and expensive to puchase on their own.

just wgich they expanded the DVD collection a bit.

Amazon UK is probably the cheapest option now, about $300 shipped once they take the VAT off.

Truly a shame they let Marr rule the roost here and scupper the unissued tracks. If you would of heard what the box and expanded LPs Rhino was preparing 5 years ago ( as I have...) you would all shite yourselves.

Truly Sad!

Truly a shame they let Marr rule the roost here and scupper the unissued tracks. If you would of heard what the box and expanded LPs Rhino was preparing 5 years ago ( as I have...) you would all shite yourselves.

Truly Sad!

So, would you share your knowledge with us???

Wow, wish I had seen that.
How would you get Amazon UK to remove the VAT?
I've ordered from them before and was always charged the price I saw plus shipping.

Re: another boxest complaint

Maybe you all should have Robert Smith curate the remasters. The ongoing re-releases of the Cure catalog has been such tenderly cared for thus far.

You're kidding, right? The re-releases we got from The Cure so far were a complete mess! The re-issue of Disintegration that was promised to be released in 2004 only appeared last year, and apart from a few demos it wasn't worth a shit. Most of the other re-issues were butchered and the demos faked, I really don't want this to happen to The Smiths!

Re: another boxest complaint

I have just recieved an e-mail from Amzon uk with this box costing £221.97.

Just in case anyone missed it, one of the reviews of this set said that these reissues will be released individually in the spring. I'm sure plenty of people (myself included) would like to own them without buying the box set.

Back
Top Bottom