slaves - the art of buying and selling

No1uno

Member of the Month™
Subscriber
I recently watched a thread completely derail and remain off the OP topic. It was amazing the craft that was at play. Frankly, I was disappointed at the ease some people were led into callous displays of personal weakness and lack of dignity. The worst metaphor I could think of what I was witnessing was the act of buying and selling of slaves. Reducing a person of worth to the value of an easily traded commodity.

Some people have justifications for everything. And they must try to convince even if they don’t see their folly. Trolls or people you think are trolls are the brokers. Every response you give does not vindicate your honor, it is the tacit acknowledgement that yes, you are owned, you do someones bidding, You are a SLAVE. Most importantly your compliance is given freely to them, with out self awareness or ethical discipline.

I am sorry, people have pontificated this bad piece of American history with questions like “they outnumbered them, why don’t they rise up and seize their freedom”. Well it’s a syndrome I can’t explain now and one that relates here for you.

On a side, I have valued some very focused, matter of fact responses from people on the forum.

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/130402-What-type-of-sports-does-a-solo-ist-do

this is not directed at any one person, I only observe the obvious.

umm, I don't understand what slavery has to do with this :confused:
but it seems to me you are upset that a thread you posted got hijacked :straightface:
and not for any good reason :cool: I mean sometimes tangents can be nice :thumb:
however, these days its usually just the same people virtually shitting on each other :crazy:
sorry it happened, its just one the things one must endure when coming here :o

So areTrolls slaves or masters ? We should rise up against trolls ? Any answer to the person you think is a troll makes you a slave ? Non communication is the key to freedom ? I have trouble following the basic idea you want to present .

Non communication is the key to freedom? I have trouble following the basic idea you want to present .
As I said before, so did I, the following thing I mean. Also, I do like what you said which I put in "bold face" its the best way to go about things here.
At least that I've found, the ignore function can help with this to some degree. However, since they are pervasive here, its damn near impossible not to come into contact all the shit they spew. :crazy:
Perhaps the key is to keep such contact to a minimum and not let them affect you. I think it helps to remember that they must live little horrible lives filled with almost no joy in order to be the way they are here. :straightface:
Anyways, real life calls to me, have a good day Guernie. :)

Some people have justifications for everything. And they must try to convince even if they don’t see their folly.

I think this view is common, particularly amongst some younger internet users. It essentially accuses those who disagree with being just plain wrong solely for disagreeing.

Back
Top Bottom