Slaughter & The Dogs

ilove_jayme

Does anyone know if those 4 songs that Morrissey recorded with Slaughter & The Dogs (1978?), ever saw the light of day? I know they were just demo's but I would think that they would be floating around the net somewhere? But I've never seen them.:straightface:

Did you get the info from wikipedia?
Morrissey did audition the band, but didn't get the job, nothing had been recorded.

If I may say so, that answer does not address the poster's question. I don't think any of us know.

Is the info on Wikipedia wrong? "Wayne Barrett left the band and they began rehearsing with new vocalist Steve Morrissey. Morrissey recorded four songs with them, but did not become a permanent part of the band."

Is the info on Wikipedia wrong? "Wayne Barrett left the band and they began rehearsing with new vocalist Steve Morrissey. Morrissey recorded four songs with them, but did not become a permanent part of the band."

I suggest you to scroll down this thread, read five links of old threads of the same topic.

I suggest that there isn't an answer in those links. So I guess the info at Wikipedia is wrong. Would be awesome to hear those tracks if they actually did exist.

Morrissey didn't record with S&TD.
He auditioned but didn't get the job.....

Morrissey and Billy Duffy did write a few songs when in 'The Nosebleeds'. They played two gigs and then called it a day and never recorded anything. Duffy joined S&TD and recommended Morrissey as a singer...hence the audition, but that's as far as it got.
Duffy later joined Spear of Destiny, Death Cult and then The Cult.
Morrisey became lead singer of Wet Wet Wet.

Jukebox Jury

hello JJ, How's things.

There are new forums for you to escape to..........."If you build it, he will come."

Are you watching that crap, I'm in a rock and roll band?

Last edited:
hello David, How's things.

There are new forums for you to escape to..........."If you build it, he will come."

No, not watching that.....I'm putting the finishing touches to the

Manchester Music Tour Guide....out in August / September.:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

hello JJ, How's things.

Why did one of the mods change...Hello JJ to Hello David???????:mad:

I've put it back as JJ. How dare you edit my comment.
For those you don't know JJ was posted on this thread last night and I said Hello to him....so what!

Last edited:
Why did one of the mods change...Hello JJ to Hello David???????:mad:

I've put it back as JJ. How dare you edit my comment.
For those you don't know JJ was posted on this thread last night and I said Hello to him....so what!

No one changed your post, I would see it in the edit log.

The user posting as 'David Cassidy', perhaps you lost track of the numerous fake names he has used?

Back
Top Bottom