Morrissey Central Sky Sports apologise after libellous comment about Morrissey is aired during Sunday Supplement live broadcast - London Evening Standard

Geoff Shreeves was forced to apologise on behalf of Sky Sports after a libellous comment about Morrissey was aired during the live broadcast of Sunday Supplement.

Excerpt:

With presenter Shreeves and his four-man panel of reporters live streaming from home, the comment was heard at the start of the show.

A conversation was heard between members of the panel, before a libellous comment about the iconic frontman of The Smiths was heard.

The show continued, but following its first advertisement break, Shreeves apologised for the comments made by the Telegraph’s chief football writer, Sam Wallace.

Shreeves said: "At the start of this of this program a brief private conversation was unintentionally broadcast. It was not meant for broadcast and any conversation does not reflect the views of Sky Sports."

Here’s the video:

UPDATE:

Alexi posted the link:

Excerpt:

Sky Sports have been forced to apologise after comments made by one of the guests on their Sunday Supplement show accidentally made the air.

The guest appeared to say "Morrissey's been cancelled hasn't he as he's basically turned out to be a racist", before host Geoff Shreeves swiftly let them know the broadcast had already begun.

UPDATE 11:20 AM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Now a Central post:
"SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS OUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY"

SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY:
SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JOURNALIST SAM WALLACE EXPOSES MORRISSEY TO HATRED, RIDICULE AND INJURY

SER's video text and video appear on Central.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geoff Shreeves was forced to apologise on behalf of Sky Sports after a libellous comment about Morrissey was aired during the live broadcast of Sunday Supplement.

Excerpt:

With presenter Shreeves and his four-man panel of reporters live streaming from home, the comment was heard at the start of the show.

A conversation was heard between members of the panel, before a libellous comment about the iconic frontman of The Smiths was heard.

The show continued, but following its first advertisement break, Shreeves apologised for the comments made by the Telegraph’s chief football writer, Sam Wallace.

Shreeves said: "At the start of this of this program a brief private conversation was unintentionally broadcast. It was not meant for broadcast and any conversation does not reflect the views of Sky Sports."

Here’s the video:

UPDATE:

Alexi posted the link:

Excerpt:

Sky Sports have been forced to apologise after comments made by one of the guests on their Sunday Supplement show accidentally made the air.

The guest appeared to say "Morrissey's been cancelled hasn't he as he's basically turned out to be a racist", before host Geoff Shreeves swiftly let them know the broadcast had already begun.

UPDATE 11:20 AM PT:

Posted by Famous when dead:

Now a Central post:
"SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS OUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY"

SKY SPORTS AIR LIBELLOUS COMMENT ABOUT MORRISSEY:
SUNDAY TELEGRAPH JOURNALIST SAM WALLACE EXPOSES MORRISSEY TO HATRED, RIDICULE AND INJURY

SER's video text and video appear on Central.

They did not apologise or retract the statement. Merely said it was not official sky views. Well, duh!

I am intersted to know who or what has "cancelled" MOrrissey.

Also how thick does the speaker hav eto be to think Moz has just been "revealed to be a racist"

Should be grateful that he got a mention on Sky Sports. I wonder if the conversation came about cos of Geoff Shreeves rather fantastic pompadour?

I think there's a nasty trill in the air...
FWD.

Most surprising thing about this, in current circumstances, is that someone was actually watching Sky Sports in order to notice.

I requested moz to say, announce, or to say something controversial, the other day, he didn’t, and wouldn’t do so at my childish request..... but here we are, I actually put sky sports on this afternoon, the first thing I seen was a presenter , apologise for something, I thought, what was this, then moved to another channel....., You done it moz , without moving your gob, oh could I be you one day....VIVA MORRISSEY....

More incredible insight from Fiona, I'm sure she's expecting the $25 wire transfer from Sam any minute now.
Just re-tweeted by Official Twitter.
I guess Sam has the password back :)
Regards,
FWD.

Most surprising thing about this, in current circumstances, is that someone was actually watching Sky Sports in order to notice.

Correct. But this is what the permanently outraged do (left wing and right wing): 'Here, look! I am offended by this thing. I must show you the thing to demonstrate how outraged I am.'

It never once occurs to them that very few people would've seen it and they've just spread it around.

This is the main reason I can't see this going any further. Imagine a judge ruling that it's legally OK to call him a racist. He may as well go and live in a bunker, what's left of any career he has would be finished.
Well you'll have to cream your pants another way then.

Morrissey will never be cancelled.
This cancelation culture is bizarre. Wasn't Morrissey right about Chinese?

Back
Top Bottom