Site moderation feedback

Why are posts removed all the time?

Why are racists in real life protected and their picture removed when a majority on here attack any little comment and calls it racist?

Why is Moz attacked and a fan of Manchester City protected?

Double standards and this is exactly why I don't believe in so called anti racists. You are just the same when it suits ya!

Shame on you Solo for not standing up against the racism you pretend to be fighting. Will articles about the Manchester City racist fan be approved when he has been sentenced by the courts and will it be ok to post his ugly mug?

Is a Piers Morgan twitter post not allowed here?

Answers please!

OrdinaryBoy twice threatened to kill me. Put me in a "wood chipper" and later,
to cut me into pieces.
I hope he is banned.
If not, I think that any reasonable person would think such behavior is condoned by the people operating this forum.

PS Screenshots taken.

what-is-that.gif

to cut me into pieces.
I hope he is banned.
If not, I think that any reasonable person would think such behavior is condoned by the people operating this forum.
Since ordinaryboy is so fond of wood...send the boy to the gallows.

to cut me into pieces.
I hope he is banned.

This is outrageous...how can death threats be allowed on this site? Beggars belief!!
Tseng gone crazy.
What else is going to be allowed on here?
The offender should be banned for life.

WTF BARNABY!!:censored:

You psycho babble the gay dude who drinks beer BUT NOW YOU ARE DEFENDING:grin:
this nut who wants to cut peeps into pieces?? Whats going on with you Barnaby???
what are they feeding you over there at the old folk home?:mask:

This is outrageous...how can death threats be allowed on this site? Beggars belief!!
Tseng gone crazy.
What else is going to be allowed on here?
The offender should be banned for life.
Everything is allowed here. Reporting death threats to the mod squad gets completely ignored, so you'd better get used to it.

This 'free speech' that is Morrissey Solo's matra? Why then the constant censorship? Davidt or any moderator want to explain why post after post after post has been censored? Free speech my arse! It seems challenging racists and homophobes is now somehow against the 'rules'. I wondered why racist and homophobic comments were so prevalent - they're prevalent because the site administation colludes with them. Shocking behaviour.

FREE SPEECH!

This 'free speech' that is Morrissey Solo's matra? Why then the constant censorship? Davidt or any moderator want to explain why post after post after post has been censored? Free speech my arse! It seems challenging racists and homophobes is now somehow against the 'rules'. I wondered why racist and homophobic comments were so prevalent - they're prevalent because the site administation colludes with them. Shocking behaviour.

FREE SPEECH!
Indeed. Why are some replies to the known suspects never published? Are admin that shook with fear at what retorts will be given, so others are silenced to appease certain regulars?
It certainly comes over like this.

Indeed. Why are some replies to the known suspects never published? Are admin that shook with fear at what retorts will be given, so others are silenced to appease certain regulars?

How would anyone know that posts haven't been published unless the complainant was the author of said posts? Or are you saying that some of your replies to the 'known suspects' weren't published?
If so, yep that sounds like censorship to me.

Moderation, or lack of, has been criticised on here before. Maybe with the new site format, there's a change to moderation also. I think it's a good step, but it needs to be balanced, fair, and most importantly, consistent.

Some of the permitted 'anon' posts don't do the site any good whatsoever, or show it in a good light. Maybe it's a steady work in progress. I'd personally ban anons from posting, & have everyone who wants to comment create an account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some here post anonymously as they see how established accounts are systematically trolled automatically. As someone who has been coming to this site since 1997, the level of aggression and hate posts has gotten noticeably worse in the last 3-4 years or so. Matters not wholly helped by the pronouncements of the site’s subject, to be honest.

How would anyone know that posts haven't been published unless the complainant was the author of said posts? Or are you saying that some of your replies to the 'known suspects' weren't published?
If so, yep that sounds like censorship to me.

Moderation, or lack of, has been criticised on here before. Maybe with the new site format, there's a change to moderation also. I think it's a good step, but it needs to be balanced, fair, and most importantly, consistent.

Some of the permitted 'anon' posts don't do the site any good whatsoever, or show it in a good light. Maybe it's a steady work in progress. I'd personally ban anons from posting, & have everyone who wants to comment create an account.
Censorship is censorship. The site administration can’t claim to operate a free speech platform when it has consistently failed to provide one.

I am aware of 3 instances (1 my own) in the last few days were challenges to racist and homophobic replies to the 'known suspects' weren't published.

I have used this site as an Anon for 17 years or so. I have no interest in becoming a registered user. I pop in, get some info, and generally pop back out again. This changed last summer with the overwhelming influx of racial and homophobic abuse posted by registered users: one who should be well known to most who retains the same user name and two others who have re-registered under ‘new’ user names.

Several users (registered and anon) requested changes to the site rules and offered a number of possible solutions. Davidt moved this discussion to a specific thread and then subsequently dismissed all of the possible solutions provided. His generalised response being: if you don’t like it. leave. Seemingly unaware that non-racists and supporters of LGBT rights leaving wouldn’t deal with the racism and homophobia that was and is rank within his site.

I agree that “Maybe with the new site format, there's a change to moderation also. I think it's a good step, but it needs to be balanced, fair, and most importantly, consistent.” But if previous experience is anything to go by this will not occur.

I would also add that some of the registered user posts don't do the site any good whatsoever, or show it in a good light and that most of the racist and homophobic comments stem from approx. 3 to 4 registered users.

Banning anonymous posters would mean, I believe, the demise of the site.

On writing this there is a total of 291 people using the site:

261 guests
30 members (13 of whom are using the site anonymously i.e. not being tracked)

I just don’t understand that when concerns are raised the response from Solo is to stick its head in the sand? Time and time again issues are raised either directly with Davidt, in generalised threads or in specific threads and time and time again nothing changes; racism and homophobia prevail.

Most of the consistent antagonism on the site is provoked by less than a handful of people (registered users) surely that can be dealt with? I’m not all suggesting that anonymous users are free from blame, far from it, but the racist and homophobic rhetoric is largely from registered users.

Some here post anonymously as they see how established accounts are systematically trolled automatically. As someone who has been coming to this site since 1997, the level of aggression and hate posts has gotten noticeably worse in the last 3-4 years or so. Matters not wholly helped by the pronouncements of the site’s subject, to be honest.
And I find it upsetting that a site dedicated to a gay pop star (albeit one still closeted) allows so much homo/transphobic remarks to be posted and unchallenged. Perhaps the reason for this is that Morrissey’s reticence to come out is the excuse they use to attack those not ashamed of their own sexuality. More than plenty of these comments still remain.
As previously said on this thread, admin are far too cowardly to face down the main culprits. This results in those new to the world of Moz to feel alienated, whilst long-term old-school fans feel reluctance to post, fearing abuse from the known elements. The less said about them, the better.

lol if there was any moderation there'd be little left

Back
Top Bottom