Site moderation feedback

Hey @davidt ! Thanks for all of your hard work and the many years of solo. I've been here now for nearly 20 years. It's so hard to believe that much time has passed.

To the others:
I think if more people would ignore Skinny and the anonymous posts that are meant to provoke, then these "hateful" posts would eventually stop. If I see something that upsets me, then I just keep scrolling through the pages. If someone is nasty towards me in a post these days, then I just ignore it. By adding fuel to the fire, it only gets worse and I don't think "registered members only" would even work. The ignore button is wonderful thing...
This place needs more people like you and that is the only way to act. This place always turned me into someone else.

Hey @davidt ! Thanks for all of your hard work and the many years of solo. I've been here now for nearly 20 years. It's so hard to believe that much time has passed.

To the others:
I think if more people would ignore Skinny and the anonymous posts that are meant to provoke, then these "hateful" posts would eventually stop. If I see something that upsets me, then I just keep scrolling through the pages. If someone is nasty towards me in a post these days, then I just ignore it. By adding fuel to the fire, it only gets worse and I don't think "registered members only" would even work. The ignore button is wonderful thing...

Ignore Skinny?
That ship sailed long ago, for:
How about all the people who have been banned due to minor/innocuous infractions? There was no debate about banning them. There seems to be on set of TOS for Skinny( and Surface, and Benny Butcher and all the other Skinny trolls) and one for everyone else.

When Skinny or Surface or Benny etc get banned let me know.LOL Otherwise its all BS.

This website is so old now that I believe everyone has formed their groups on here anyway meaning some read posts from certain people and ignore the rest. If anyone is offended by the things on here then real life must be hell for them. Then again some have no humour and will feel above everyone and turn even the most sincere joke into something else.
Such people should not be here anyway and I doubt they add to life anywhere else either. Come to think of it they are the way they are cause they are too weak for life and are in fact fighting issues inside themselves.
They should do the world a favour and off themselves.
Dr. Untruth, work on your projection. It is too whiny.

David!

When will you monitor your moderators who censor perfectly ok posts which sometimes even just contain a link to a article published online by well known newspapers?

Why can your mods bin posts and hide them from you and others instead of allowing them to remain for a second opinion?

Isn't it time you educated your mods since you are this staunch defender of free speech?

So, the racism is ok?

upload_2019-11-22_19-46-34.jpeg

Exactly. These forums are wall-to-wall with the most vile shit imaginable and when someone points that out, it's "Free speech" and "If you don't like it, leave" - but scribble on someone else's avatar and you're banned? What a pisstake.

I don't think you should take someone else's avatar as your own. when he had gordyboy's avatar up for a while, I didn't look at the name only the avatar and thought "oh that's strange, gordyboy saying those things".
but being banned for troll ratings seems the dumbest most trivial reason to be banned. I understand that it's annoying, but it's not harmful in any way. as an administrator you cant set up something for people to use at their own discretion and then ban them for using it at their own discretion.

Exactly. These forums are wall-to-wall with the most vile shit imaginable and when someone points that out, it's "Free speech" and "If you don't like it, leave" - but scribble on someone else's avatar and you're banned? What a pisstake.

Endeavor to persevere, Amy.
Do it for Johnny!

I don't think you should take someone else's avatar as your own. when he had gordyboy's avatar up for a while, I didn't look at the name only the avatar and thought "oh that's strange, gordyboy saying those things".
but being banned for troll ratings seems the dumbest most trivial reason to be banned. I understand that it's annoying, but it's not harmful in any way. as an administrator you cant set up something for people to use at their own discretion and then ban them for using it at their own discretion.

You can be banned when you use it and take someone’s avatar without their consent as a form of harassment. This is basic TOS violation stuff, kiddo.

You can be banned when you use it and take someone’s avatar without their consent as a form of harassment. This is basic TOS violation stuff, kiddo.
taking someones picture and using it without their permission or in an attempt to be seen as that person? yes.
rating someones posts troll? no. If that were harassment, then 'liking' someones posts repeatedly should equally be seen as harassment.

taking someones picture and using it without their permission or in an attempt to be seen as that person? yes.
rating someones posts troll? no. If that were harassment, then 'liking' someones posts repeatedly should equally be seen as harassment.
Great idea! I’m going to like all posts from now on.

I got hit with TWO harassment warnings on the same day for replying repeatedly to gordyboy with this:
0D1E2DD5-2797-4555-AF55-540B8AFAB1A1.jpeg

So, yeah, repeatedly abusing the troll rating to f*** with someone is considered harassment.

Back
Top Bottom