Sirius radio interview #5 - curious "new" question by Blade about America music

The Seeker of Good Songs

A curious thing about this interview piece: Richard Blade brings up satellite radio. From others’ comments about previous installments, this actual interview is from about 1990. Satellite radio did not exist then. I think Blade altered the interview by putting in a current question, into an old interview. Looking at the audio in my audio editing program, Blade’s portion is at a different level from the other portions, except for the “is video necessary” question. What did Blade originally ask Moz when Moz answers about the people writing letters to him complaining about music in America, because it is a strange transition from satelite radio to videos.

Also, that answer may give clue to those Morrissey picks for his opening acts. Morrissey chooses some to give them exposure, not necessarily that he is their greatest fan. Just my opinion.

audio downlad

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ACXIDCTZ

appoximate transcript

Richard Blade: Can the American listeners relate to Headmasters Ritual?

Moz: Well I think that kind of situation is almost universal…if you have problems at school; everybody goes to school and so forth. So, ah, I don’t think, I mean people say, you know we share the same language but people say that America is a very very very different country but I don’t know…I don’t know, I think the musical audiences of America are very under rated and I think their intelligence is very under rated and I think that really if they were exposed to more intelligent music and more innovative music they would take it.

B: Fortunately now they got satellite radio so finally they got at least 65 musical choices that they can find all kinds of different music on.

M: Yes that’s right, I get so many, I get so many letters complaining about music in America. There’s lots of interesting smaller groups who if they had exposure in this country everything would change but it won’t change until that time occurs.

B: But is video a necessary evil for you?

M: um, it has become so, yeah, it has become so but initially the Smiths avoided it and did very well so I don’t think it is completely necessary.

That's absolutely bizarre. I don't remember the satellite radio bit. I can assure you with 100% certainty that this interview is about 17 years old. Is Blade trying to pass this off as recent? Good lord.

That's absolutely bizarre. I don't remember the satellite radio bit. I can assure you with 100% certainty that this interview is about 17 years old. Is Blade trying to pass this off as recent? Good lord.

Blade did an interview with Morrissey in 1990 for KROQ...and I vividly remember him talking about The Headmaster Ritual....Blade even told a story about how he recieved a whipping for wanting to miss "recess" to work on an art project....

I have it on tape somewhere in this room...

Blade did an interview with Morrissey in 1990 for KROQ...and I vividly remember him talking about The Headmaster Ritual....Blade even told a story about how he recieved a whipping for wanting to miss "recess" to work on an art project....

I have it on tape somewhere in this room...

Right. It was an embarrassing interview, but of course good to hear Morrissey's side. Mostly.

I would have preferred Morrissey to guest host "Love Lines".

Right. It was an embarrassing interview, but of course good to hear Morrissey's side. Mostly.

I would have preferred Morrissey to guest host "Love Lines".

I can't remember if it was the same interview on KROQ, but Morrissey took some phone calls and some guy laments about losing his girlfriend and Morrissey asked him if he was celibate, the guy says unfortunately no, and Morrissey replies.."well, maybe next time"....

If you're gonna talk to Morrissey don't bombard him with your personal problems...you'll just look stupid

Is silly that they should put a really old interview in Sirius radio. That's what they did didn't they?

Is silly that they should put a really old interview in Sirius radio. That's what they did didn't they?

Don't you think Blade would have had to get permission from KROQ as I'm sure they owned the rights since it was recorded at their studios and was originally broadcast on that station?

Anyone know if he did any recent interviews with Blade for Sirus?

Back
Top Bottom