Siouxsie and the Banshees 20-disc ‘mega’ box set with 11 albums, live DVDs in works

The Seeker of Good Songs

siouxsie.jpg

Former Siouxsie and the Banshees bassist Steven Severin is working on a 20-disc “mega” box set that is intended to include all 11 of the band’s studio albums, plus singles, non-BBC live recordings and various TV appearances — including a DVD of a John McGeoch-era show broadcast on German TV in 1981 and possibly the group’s appearance at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas show in 1991.

Severin recently posted a YouTube clip of “Regal Zone” from that 1981 Banshees performance on Facebook, writing, “‘Shees Mega Box back on the agenda. 20 discs! Including a DVD of this bastard show. Excited but a LOT of work to be done diving for unknown pearls.”
As for what else might appear on the box, Severin wrote:
“It’s intended as the ‘complete’ box. All the studio albums plus singles plus non BBC live recordings & TV clips. So, if you have this plus At the BBC plus Downside Up you will have EVERYTHING bar the promo videos which I presume will surface as a stand-alone set eventually.”
He later posted a link to Rhino Records’ recently released Smiths box set — featuring newly remastered editions of all of that band’s studio albums and compilations — noting, “Not saying we would go this route. It’s a bit excessive considering they only made 4 studio albums BUT… Universal want to tap into this particular niche so who knows?”
Severin’s reference to Universal being behind this box set is notable, since he took to Facebook last year to complain that the label had stopped the Banshees’ reissue program mid-stream, canceling plans to re-release expanded versions of the band’s’ final four albums (1987′s Through the Looking Glass, 1988′s Peepshow, 1991′s Superstition and 1995′s The Rapture).
The only other hints Severin dropped as to the box’s content were that including a complete recording of the KROQ show “is on the cards,” and that, “One thing for sure is NO REMIXES! Consigned to the dustbin of history where they belong :)
And, finally, with fans clamoring for a Banshees reunion to promote the box, Severin gives an emphatic response: “There is more liklihood of Peter Hook touring a Banshees tribute band than there is of seeing the real thing tread the boards again. It’s over. Done. Dusted.”

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2011/11/03/siouxsie-banshees-box-set-20-disc-steven-severin/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Re: Siouxsie and the Banshees 20-disc ‘mega’ box set with 11 albums, live DVDs in wor

I heard about this a couple of weeks ago. I'm very excited about it. Severin did mention either last ear or early this year something about SOME of the Banshees albums being reissued on vinyl. That may have now changed and Universal now want to do this. I can't wait.

Re: Siouxsie and the Banshees 20-disc ‘mega’ box set with 11 albums, live DVDs in wor

:eek::horny::guitar: I wish it came out before Christmas!

Who the hell can afford these massively expensive wastes of plastic and paper? Just release the DVD separately - don't rip us off to the tune of $200. Especially since we've all got DVDR copies of the Rockpalast show after all, haven't we?

This whole "super uber deluxe boxset" trend is tired and getting completely out of control

it's just an extreme way of gouging diehard fans to compensate for a failing record industry that isn't intelligent enough to adapt to a changing culture and an audience that has found a way to fllip the tables and rip the industry off with illegal downloading.

Back
Top Bottom