"Singles To Be Cremated With" - list by Morrissey, NME (Sep. 16, 1989)

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber

full scan

01. "The World's Loneliest Man" - Vince Eager (Top Rank)
02. "Don't Take The Lovers From The World" - Shirley Bassey (UA)
03. "What A Nice Way To Turn 17" - The Crystals (Philles)
04. "There, I've Said It Again" - Sam Cooke (Keen)
05. "Loneliness Remembers What Happiness Forgets" - Dionne Warwick (Wand)
06. "Strange, I Know" - The Marvelettes (Motown)
07. "Third Finger, Left Hand" - Martha Reeves And The Vandellas (Motown)
08. "I Take It Back" - Sandy Posey (MGM)
09. "Heart" - Rita Pavone (RCA)
10. "Shoes" - Reparata (Polydor)
11. "Terry" - Twinkle (Decca)
12. "Attack" - The Toys (Stateside)
13. "I've Been A Bad, Bad, Boy" - Paul Jones (HMV)
14. "Insult To Injury" - Timi Yuro (Liberty)

---
Songs compiled by C.W. McCall with help from jeane, dallow_bg, Tingle, and davidt. Article scan by davidt.

Related links:
Morrissey's "Singles To Be Cremated With" download (list from NME, 1989) - Morrissey-solo (Sep. 5, 2005)
Singles To Be Cremated With - complete - post by C.W. McCall, Morrissey-solo Forums (Aug. 14, 2005)
Singles To Be Cremated With - post by C.W. McCall, Morrissey-solo Forums (Aug. 14, 2005)

Last edited:

dicartwright

out of every list he gives out, I like 2 or 3 songs. Motown?? Martha and the Vandellas?
Aww I love him anyway.

gaz217

i must say some superb tracks there! love Third Finger and Terry especially. Morrissey has good taste:). i think the first song in that playlist is very "Morrissey" even the title could have been from Morrissey's brain.

sistasheila

tjekket
Can somebody upload these as files?

Zelda Zonk

i must say some superb tracks there! love Third Finger and Terry especially. Morrissey has good taste:). i think the first song in that playlist is very "Morrissey" even the title could have been from Morrissey's brain.
OH wow! I've never heard this list before. Morrissey chose a Vince Eager track - this makes me so happy as he is a family friend. So cool.

Top Bottom