Single of the Year!

Johan, good song..reminded me of 'Faded Glamour' by Animals That Swim. Try track that down if you've not heard it.

Well it's not a single, it's an EP, but it's still flippin' great:

Yeah i like these, i've got that 'All i wanna do' (not the ''Heart' or 'Sheryl Crow' song.) single which sounds like Kirsty MacColl fronting Camera Obscura...no bad thing.
Cheers, not heard this.

Re The Wild Swans:

Thanks for that, quite a rich history. Read more on wiki. I've never heard of them. *hangs head in shame* I like the Deltasonic connection :thumb:

I'm enjoying listening to the spoken word song 'Coldest Winter for a 100 years', according to wiki: "extracted from Simpson's forthcoming memoirs and, which set against a backdrop of scaling guitars and shimmering keyboards, tells of the first years of the Wild Swans and his own history sharing a flat in Liverpool with Bunnymen drummer, the late Pete de Freitas."

I'm not placing any bet on single of the year just yet!

Last edited:
Re The Wild Swans:

I'm enjoying listening to the spoken word song 'Coldest Winter for a 100 years', according to wiki: "extracted from Simpson's forthcoming memoirs and, which set against a backdrop of scaling guitars and shimmering keyboards, tells of the first years of the Wild Swans and his own history sharing a flat in Liverpool with Bunnymen drummer, the late Pete de Freitas."

Yeah, that's a great song, too! It's the b-side, and, as with all great singles, as good as the A-side!

Johan, good song..reminded me of 'Faded Glamour' by Animals That Swim. Try track that down if you've not heard it.

No, hadn't heard it, great song! Must have escaped me at the time.

Will check them out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom