Singers whose voices get worse over time...

I don't think Ringo Starr can hit the notes like he could on yellow sub and friends anymore...come to think of it. He couldn't hit them 50 yrs. ago!:lbf::lbf:

Dunno whether it's actually worse but Bob Dylan's voice now is a lot different.

At first I thought his voice was bad but after listening to his newer stuff I think his voice is fine, maybe you just have to get used to it.

As for Morrissey, his voice now is way better than when he was younger.

Martin Gore

You think so? I think his has gotten much better compared to the early days and it is Dave Gahan whose voice has gotten worse, especially live.

Brett Anderson.

End thread.

I think Kate Bush's voice got nastier over the years. But she's always been all over the place. Her vocal peak was when Hounds of Love was released, but that was in 1985. 25 years ago. That's a long downward spiral, I'm afraid.

Barry Gibb, sorry to say the voice is gone. His style of singing was probably very demanding on the voice.

Robert Plant is streaky - sometimes you hear him and the voice is completely shot.

People with surprisingly ageless voices: Roger Daltry, Ann Wilson, Sting, Chrissie Hynde.

I think Morrissey has become a better, stronger and more consistent vocalist with age. As a young feller, he was pitchy.

I like Anderson's solo career. There's nothing wrong w/ it. Maybe it's better than Suede years (after 98). I could pig out on Suede (early years) but now I prefer Anderson.

Justin Bieber

I think Morrissey has become a better, stronger and more consistent vocalist with age. As a young feller, he was pitchy.

I agree completely. I hadn't listened to 'Jeane' for ages and then heard it on Breakfast With the Smiths last week, and it was incredible to hear how much of a difference there is between then and now. He sounds particularly pitchy on that song I think.

Wha? Brett Anderson?

I think he sounds fantastic, still

Here is a vid of the Suede reunion this past Spring of Asphalt World/So Young. Asphalt World sounds darn near like the album version, 16 years later-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD3-e3PvCuU&feature=related

I do think he sounds good still. Just not as good as he did...15 years ago or so. When he sings lower notes he still sounds just about as good as he did during Suede's early years (which is one of the main reasons to why he still sounds great when singing songs such as The Asphalt world) , but to me the tone of his higher notes (and the falsetto notes) in the early years sounded quite a lot better than they do today.
I do think Brett sounds better now than he did around the time of "A new morning" though. I'm attending their Stockholm show on December 1st. Will be my first time seeing them live, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I do think he sounds good still. Just not as good as he did...15 years ago or so. When he sings lower notes he still sounds just about as good as he did during Suede's early years (which is one of the main reasons to why he still sounds great when singing songs such as The Asphalt world) , but to me the tone of his higher notes (and the falsetto notes) in the early years sounded quite a lot better than they do today.
I do think Brett sounds better now than he did around the time of "A new morning" though. I'm attending their Stockholm show on December 1st. Will be my first time seeing them live, so I'm really looking forward to it.

I agree. He sounds great in that clip and to my non-musical ears not very discernably different...

Roger Waters. Terrible singer anyway.

Back
Top Bottom