"Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reuters

Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles - Reuters / Yahoo! News

Excerpt:

Morrissey's representatives said in a statement on Monday that Staples Center had agreed to the request, and they added it would the first time that all vendors within and around the Los Angeles venue would be 100 percent vegetarian.

But Staples Center arena operator Anschutz Entertainment Group, or AEG, said on Thursday that meat would still be on menus.

"As of right now, there will be meat options for fans," Staples Center spokeswoman Cara Vanderhook told Reuters.

It was unclear how the apparent confusion arose.

Last edited:
.... I don't see why an artist that is selling out a venue requesting this is so big a deal. People can survive one concert night without meat

It was stipulated in the roommate agreement that Staples Center wouldn't serve meat. Why are we even discussing this?

Re: Article: "Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reute

.... I don't see why an artist that is selling out a venue requesting this is so big a deal. People can survive one concert night without meat

It's not the fans, it's the venue. I go to at least 2 Christian music concerts per year at the Bridgestone arena in Nashville TN. Those events are ALWAYS alcohol-free. The beer concession stands are closed, dark and the gates are rolled down during the events. The venue offers everything else under the sun to drink, to include a Dunkin' Donuts coffee vendor and guys walking through the auditorium selling soda and water. This is just Staples wanting to squeeze every bit of $$ out of an event as possible.

Re: Article: "Singer Morrissey will not get meat-free concert in Los Angeles" - Reute

It was stipulated in the roommate agreement that Staples Center wouldn't serve meat. Why are we even discussing this?

The roommate agreement?

We are discussing it because it is NOT going to be a "Historic-meat-free-gig" as stated by the dictator via true-2-spew.
So if your still with us Crystal ???? Morrissey has a massive choice to make that is going to really put HIS veggie policy's to the test!!!

A) Swallow his pride and get the piss taken out of him for going ahead with the gig even though "his heart won't be the only thing burning"

OR

B) Cancel the gig and stick to his principles.

Over to you Mossy !!!!!

Best wishes

we'll let you know

Kate M, S Cowshed, J Horrible, P Charles, Camilla, Will-Iam HrH, The head of Hellton-John, The NME, Sir Mike Joyce, Bear-Griller, Johnny-Rogan-meat-Josh, George Foreman and the many , many in the line behind !!!!!!!

Its really laughable ha aha ha hah ahah oh oh oho ho aha ha hahahah !!!

Nah na nan nan nah !!!!!! WE'RE LOVING IT.

http://staplescenter.com/guest-services/main-concourse-concessions

Staples Center has about a billion concession stands, probably almost all independently owned. From the looks of it, every single one sells some kind of meat. They all stand to lose a lot of money if they are mandated to not sell meat to the multitudes of ticketholders that night. Do you think they give a shit about Morrissey's moral principles?

You want to play the big boy corporate venues Morrissey, you're going to have to play by their rules. Want your petty demands respected? Play a smaller venue.

Last edited:

Must be a full moon tonight. All the crazies are out.

I suspect it's the same person who thinks they are fooling people with their many clever aliases, such as "Benny the Butcher."

I feel bad for them, as they must be very bored and lonely to troll us.

If you had the chance to meet Morrissey would you order a meat dish and tuck in right in front of him? People can't survive without meat for one meal? Or is it vendors that think it's too much of an opportunity cost if they don't serve meat for one meal?

If you had the chance to meet Morrissey would you order a meat dish and tuck in right in front of him? People can't survive without meat for one meal? Or is it vendors that think it's too much of an opportunity cost if they don't serve meat for one meal?

No. I would be respectful of him, the same way I would hope that my smoking friends respect me enough not to light up in my car or in the restaurant we are eating at. The venue doesn't want to lose $$. Money changes everything.

Just so we're clear, nobody going to the Staples show actually gives a crap about the food served in the arena. The only thing concessions are good for, at a concert (not a sporting event) is alcohol, and anybody with half a brain knows to get drunk in the parking lot beforehand. Downtown LA is stacked with amazing restaurants, so why would I eat that slop?

I respect Moz, and like the idea of a meatless venue, but if it affects the show (which is what's really important), I will be very upset. This is his issue, not ours.

Oh and by the way, all those who think that 'he should cancel' wouldn't be saying that if they actually had tickets. Jealous pricks.

I just wouldn't have a meal with him. I wouldn't not eat meat just to please him. It's like going to church for someone else, I don't believe in it, so it's just a farce doing it for someone else's sake. I'm sure people could go a day without meat, but why do so if you don't have to and you don't want to?

I hope he cancels. I think he should.

I am a militant vegan and a devout Morrissey follower, and I do not think that this is an insurmountable impasse. While the miscommunication (or deception) could be a valid reason for M to cancel, he needs to restart this tour on a positive note, and the Staples Center show is an extremely vital one. If I were M, I would write an eloquent statement, saying that the show would go on as to not let down so many followers who have already had to endure cancellations and postponements this year, but that he would appreciate those who truly love him refraining from meat consumption that evening. Many fans are already vegetarian, others would do anything to please the man, and there are still others who just don't give two f***s. I really think that cancellation would be more detrimental than Morrissey playing in a venue that has reneged on going vegetarian for the night. As stated by many on this site, we all have our opinions on this issue, and most of us will not bend the other way. On a personal note, if I were actually Morrissey, I would just stand in front of the mirror masturbating incessantly as I would be one sexy bitch.

We are discussing it because it is NOT going to be a "Historic-meat-free-gig" as stated by the dictator via true-2-spew.
So if your still with us Crystal ???? Morrissey has a massive choice to make that is going to really put HIS veggie policy's to the test!!!

A) Swallow his pride and get the piss taken out of him for going ahead with the gig even though "his heart won't be the only thing burning"

OR

B) Cancel the gig and stick to his principles.

Over to you Mossy !!!!!

Best wishes

we'll let you know

Kate M, S Cowshed, J Horrible, P Charles, Camilla, Will-Iam HrH, The head of Hellton-John, The NME, Sir Mike Joyce, Bear-Griller, Johnny-Rogan-meat-Josh, George Foreman and the many , many in the line behind !!!!!!!

Its really laughable ha aha ha hah ahah oh oh oho ho aha ha hahahah !!!

Nah na nan nan nah !!!!!! WE'RE LOVING IT.

Morrissey is all about the money and with 18,000 ticket sold he will play the show.

I think the Staple Center should demand that he refrains from playing Meat is Murder and showing that horrible video.

The argument of whether to eat or not eat Meat is getting a little old and Morrissey should just admitted that this fight has been a complete failure.

Just so we're clear, nobody going to the Staples show actually gives a crap about the food served in the arena. The only thing concessions are good for, at a concert (not a sporting event) is alcohol, and anybody with half a brain knows to get drunk in the parking lot beforehand. Downtown LA is stacked with amazing restaurants, so why would I eat that slop?

I respect Moz, and like the idea of a meatless venue, but if it affects the show (which is what's really important), I will be very upset. This is his issue, not ours.

Oh and by the way, all those who think that 'he should cancel' wouldn't be saying that if they actually had tickets. Jealous pricks.

Well said on all points!

. . . and so Morrissey walks away Anschutz the door behind him.

xxxxx

Attachments

• mullet.jpg
    mullet.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
It's one day. The folks at Staples seem to want to make this difficult for Morrissey. He did say "contractually" - wouldn't that mean he's offered a lot of money to McDonalds and also to the Staples Center to make this a meat free evening?

This misunderstanding could cost Cara &Co. to lose out on a big night, I'm afraid.

Why then shouldn't he eat meat out of respect for my views? He wouldn't because it would go against his views, likewise I wouldn't as it would go against mine, that there is nothing wrong with eating animals. As much as I love Morrissey's music, if someone said "you could have a meal with him, but you have to eat vegetarian", I'd say no and go home and listen to some of his music, which incidently is what I like him for.
If someone was famously known for kicking someone in the nuts, would you, out of respect, let them kick you in the nuts even if it's something you don't normally do? I mean it's extreme, but you see my point. I have never cared whether Morrissey is famous for that or not, it doesn't factor into my liking of him, its something I choose to ignore because I believe he's wrong. But just in the way you may have a friend who is pretty religious, but you are not, but you both love the football and the same bands and all that jazz, you just avoid the topic of religion because you know you'll never see eye to eye. Doesn't mean you can't respect their beliefs, but you aren't going to bend your own at the same time.
Same with Morrissey, his vegetarianism is something that just doesn't work for me, so I leave it out, focus on all the things I like about him. So I'd not avoid meet just to please him or be in his presence, I'd kindly decline the dinner invitation if it's going to upset him that I eat meat.

Back
Top Bottom