Singapore - Marina Barrage (Oct. 17, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Let Me Kiss You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / All You Need Is Me / Jack The Ripper / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Oboe Concerto / How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / Meat Is Murder // What She Said

setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link from an anonymous person.

• Concert review: Morrissey's concert spirals into heavy themes and darkness by Anjali Raguraman (6 photos by LAMC Productions) - The Straits Times. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Review by Tim Russell - God Is In The TV. Link from Ben.
  • Photo from thislittledrifter / Instagram. Link posted by an anonymous person.

39212_singapore.jpg

Last edited:
Cool review, Mr Russell, in case you're reading.

If a CEO can turn into a puddle because he hears Ouija Board, then presumably if I listen to EMF's "Unbelievable!" I should be reduced (admitting that's at all possible) to a blubbering mess.

As, again, it has nothing to do with whoever is singing whatever, it's just... the passing of time. But I'm sure you knew that already.

So..., you never had that feeling you were back with the Eurodisney crowds, at the concert? Guess that would just be me then.
It would feel like seeing Noddy at Drayton Manor Park. That could only appeal to fans of the Funhouse Massacre. (There's an idea for a theme park in there somewhere. Horrific versions of supposedly kid-friendly characters. Might be a hit in Thailand, you're welcome to use it. )

Oh well. That queasy feeling can't always be nostalgia! :lbf:

Thank you. I enjoyed writing it almost as much as I enjoyed the show. But agree, the crowd were awful, apart from me and the bloke behind me who was singing as loudly in my ear as I was to the bloke in front, who had clearly been dragged there by his wife/gf and was not enjoying himself. Too many people filming the show for posterity rather than actually experiencing it. Not sure what my job title has to do with enjoying music though :D

Not sure what my job title has to do with enjoying music though :D

Well, (being a slacker myself), I'm always impressed when people with big responsibilities are also very human, can express emotions, have a sense of humour and an enjoyable writing style.
I don't think there are many people like you (at the head of, say, Chinese paperclips factories ;).) (which is probably just prejudice from me, as I've never visited one...)
:tiphat:

So homophobia can be added to your list of character flaws. You have seemingly made a friend with #743. The two of you deserve each other. Maybe you two can go blazer shopping together. :rolleyes:

But to have character flaws you should be a character, or possess one in the first place, shouldn't it?

Even you, evennow :cool:, in your role as Colombo, with impeccable style, won't find such a thing, you could be digging for the rest of your life.
I'd say, it's not of any import. :thumb:

It is an honour to be considered your assistant, as he seems to suggest amongst so many other things.
Can I be your Basset Hound? :brows:
Woof

Clouseau here with correction!!
Merci

correction : 'impeccable fashion style'. 'queer eye for the straight guy' aka impeccable fashion style.
let those who have eyes, see.:raisinghand::eyes:
others reflect.:praying:

social science in action, merci
Clouseau

Well, (being a slacker myself), I'm always impressed when people with big responsibilities are also very human, can express emotions, have a sense of humour and an enjoyable writing style.
I don't think there are many people like you (at the head of, say, Chinese paperclips factories ;).) (which is probably just prejudice from me, as I've never visited one...)
:tiphat:

Well I run a very small travel tech startup so the only responsibilities I currently have are to my 2 employees and my wife & dogs, so I can still enjoy Moz without the crushing burden of having to act like a grownup. And long may that continue.

Can proudly say that I was there; my 1st time watching my favourite singer/poet of all time performs live.

The show/Moz/the crowd started in jovial mood but as the show went on, it just became darker and darker till it got to the point of someone in front of me collapsing from the gruesome Meat is Murder slideshow.

Even though he didn't play some of my fav solo/Smiths tracks, but all in all it was a great show. His energy, wit and showmanship really shines throughout the show, and the transition/emotional rollercoaster from nostalgic/shameless dancing of Suedehead/Alma/Sunday to the gloomy World Peace/Ganglord/Meat is Murder, and the abrupt and silent ending only made me crave for more.

Thanks Morrissey for coming and giving me a chance to tick you off my bucket list. I never doubted you ever.

Can proudly say that I was there; my 1st time watching my favourite singer/poet of all time performs live.

The show/Moz/the crowd started in jovial mood but as the show went on, it just became darker and darker till it got to the point of someone in front of me collapsing from the gruesome Meat is Murder slideshow.

Even though he didn't play some of my fav solo/Smiths tracks, but all in all it was a great show. His energy, wit and showmanship really shines throughout the show, and the transition/emotional rollercoaster from nostalgic/shameless dancing of Suedehead/Alma/Sunday to the gloomy World Peace/Ganglord/Meat is Murder, and the abrupt and silent ending only made me crave for more.

" Thanks Morrissey for coming and giving me a chance to tick you off my bucket list. "

Did you grab that chance? Mind you, he might turn up again!
Than he will be forever at your bucket list. :brows:
Like your post!
Cheers

Thank you! Still in dreamland after over a week from the show. BTW nice nick! :)

Thank you! Still in dreamland after over a week from the show. BTW nice nick! :)

You will have to find a way to incorporate your dreamland with reality again. But what good is reality without dreams anyway? :)
You will manage!
At the time I registered as a member I've just seen and heard the videotape footage of his recent tour and I really had to laugh when he started singing quando, quando, quando during during Everyday Is Like Sunday.
So I thought, what the hell, why not ?:p

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom