Singapore - Fort Canning Park (May 8, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Over / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

set list provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Giselle.

• Morrissey delights fans at Fort Canning Park by Eddino Abdul Hadi - The Straights Times (3 photos by Lau Fook Kong). Link posted by goinghome.

singapore01.jpg
  • Concert Review: Morrissey by Kevin Matthews (3 photos) - TodayOnline. Link posted by goinghome.
  • Morrissey, give us more, more, more! by Victoria Barker - MyPaper. Link from myboyracer.
  • Photo from skuirtgun / Instagram. Link from Miss Garden.

singapore.jpg

Last edited:
Superb show! Unfortunately, it started 1 hour late.

The drums were emblazoned with the flag of Singapore.

Boz was in drag. The rest of the backing band were topless.

Morrissey was on fine form. There were some very witty and painfully self-deprecating remarks! He quipped about how he is not used to the climate but familiar with getting his "heat from the council" via "benefit fraud".

Didn't take note of the setlist, unfortunately. But - contrary to popular belief - "First Of The Gang To Die" was given the stripped down (almost acoustic) treatment.

I'll give some more updates tomorrow. Need to get some sleep first!

"This is your life, Singapore".

Last edited:
I was in Singapore working these last 3 days. Today was insufferable heat-wise for us westerners...
I'm now in KL and heading to Jakarta for the gig on Thursday, as yet a ticket is proving hard to get a hold of.
If any kind soul in Jakarta can put me in touch with a source I'd be eternally thankful
Lastparty

We were entertained with some classic "movies" in the beginning.

The drum setup was similar to Seoul. There were two bass drums.

I thought First Of the Gang was too jangly. Everyday is Sunday and Speedway were played differently too. I prefer their original versions. He changes the lyrics of Meat is Murder. I enjoyed I Know Its Over.

Merchandise sold were:
MOZ - Haircut Tshirt, MOZ - Cat on Top of MOZ (Asia Tour) Tshirt, Blue/Pink - England Owns Me a Living Tshirt. MOZ in Bathtub Poster and Shoplifters Of The World Bag.

Worst audience ever. People stood static throughout. If anybody tried to dance or jump enthusiastically they were treated to angry scowls from "irritated" neighbours trying to quietly enjoy the gig, not wanting anybody else's skin to come into contact with theirs. Many were too lazy to clap, cheer, scream. At the end of one song Moz said something along the lines of "this is the end of the song.. usually there is applause..." i could sense his disappointment at the poor response and turnout (less than 2,000? i estimate). yet he was still utmost professional, giving his best on vocals. I am singaporean and am grateful that great acts like Morrissey are being brought in, but sometimes I feel like we don't deserve to have them come. Our audiences are utterly clueless..

Encore Song : Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me.

I was in Singapore working these last 3 days. Today was insufferable heat-wise for us westerners...
I'm now in KL and heading to Jakarta for the gig on Thursday, as yet a ticket is proving hard to get a hold of.
If any kind soul in Jakarta can put me in touch with a source I'd be eternally thankful
Lastparty

If you are in need of a ticket I can see what's available tomorrow when I go to collect mine at midday, I could only get the VIP tix 2 months ago,it's probably the equivalent of the council flat nobody wants. Either way, leave a reply here & I'll make contact if you're still interested.

Worst audience ever. People stood static throughout. If anybody tried to dance or jump enthusiastically they were treated to angry scowls from "irritated" neighbours trying to quietly enjoy the gig, not wanting anybody else's skin to come into contact with theirs. Many were too lazy to clap, cheer, scream. At the end of one song Moz said something along the lines of "this is the end of the song.. usually there is applause..." i could sense his disappointment at the poor response and turnout (less than 2,000? i estimate). yet he was still utmost professional, giving his best on vocals. I am singaporean and am grateful that great acts like Morrissey are being brought in, but sometimes I feel like we don't deserve to have them come. Our audiences are utterly clueless..

Oh, do not worry, the important thing was to see him and how we are talking about Moz, he felt sure that those who, like you, sent to him all the love and joy that only He deserves. ;)

i thought Morrissey really appreciated the audience singing along, and i was Really glad i finally heard him perform I know its over, Please, please, please & Shoplifters. The only missing classic was There is a light which i am sure would had brought down the house. Alma matters was really good too, while Speedway was a bit patchy. Now my heart is full

Where were you at? Thankfully, I was at an area where it was conducive (for lack of a better word) enough. I was really pulling off (rather unsuccessfully I might add) some of those moves that could be seen in that Elvis Presley video they were screening before the show. I totally get what you mean by the applause though - our side was pretty loud-ish but I could kind of get a glimpse of the front and the people to our left and they really were pretty static. I don't understand people who come to gigs to stay still.

Maybe the people in the audience were zoning out!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom