Singapore - Fort Canning Park (May 8, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

How Soon Is Now? / You Have Killed Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Black Cloud / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Alma Matters / First Of The Gang To Die / Meat Is Murder / Let Me Kiss You / I Know It's Over / I Will See You In Far Off Places / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Speedway // Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me

set list provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Giselle.

• Morrissey delights fans at Fort Canning Park by Eddino Abdul Hadi - The Straights Times (3 photos by Lau Fook Kong). Link posted by goinghome.

singapore01.jpg
  • Concert Review: Morrissey by Kevin Matthews (3 photos) - TodayOnline. Link posted by goinghome.
  • Morrissey, give us more, more, more! by Victoria Barker - MyPaper. Link from myboyracer.
  • Photo from skuirtgun / Instagram. Link from Miss Garden.

singapore.jpg

Last edited:
tumblr_m3srbdDyzy1r4wpooo1_400.jpg

Mozza's shirt, ticket stub, wristband and promo poster.
Totally framing these :love:

tumblr_m3sraiBxOA1r4wpooo1_400.jpg

Asia Tour Shirt off my friend's back

Wow, that is really awesome! I'd be framing that, too. You are very lucky :) Hey, thanks for the videos, too.

You know, I made a comment about the audience earlier on, however, having watched a few more videos I can see now that some parts of the audience were a little louder with their cheering and clapping. It must have just been the area I was in that wasn't particularly thankful - I sometimes felt like there were only a few of us bothering to clap at the end of the songs where I was.

The online version of a Singapore magazine called Juice has a longer version of what's also in their printed version here: http://msn.juiceonline.com/morrissey-wordsmith/

Includes:

"I’ve been uncomfortable since the day I was born, so discomfort is nothing new. There is a large audience of music lovers who want to be treated intelligently, and I am appreciated, at least, for that. As we all know, the world of music has become meaningless and moronic and obsessed with the prize system. Suddenly it is ONLY about awards, and awards are given only to people who have nothing to do with advancing music or thought. Look for someone in music with any social commentary and you’ll… need a lot of spare time on your hands."
________

How has being a cult icon affected your life? "I don’t like the word ‘cult’ because it suggests that you don’t actually appeal in the greater world. I’ve had three number one albums in three different decades, so I’m also neither ‘alternative’ nor ‘indie’. I am just one of those pop artists that the media don’t know what to do with. I have never embraced rock celebrity status, and wouldn’t want to. To be called a celebrity these days is to be called an idiot. David Beckham is a perfect example of a celebrity."

"It wouldn’t be difficult to be the most well-balanced person in pop!"

Which DJ/person would you like to hang today, metaphorically speaking? "Most are unpardonable... they all now shout instead of speaking. It’s as if they are addressing a pack of mad dogs. Of course, whenever I hear myself on the radio I forgive the DJ of anything. I fall in love with anyone who falls in love with me. That’s only fair, isn’t it?"
______

"The James Dean essay was called James Dead is Not Dean, but was published as James Dean is Not Dead, which had me rather exasperated. Oh, well."

Still, did you ever want to reinvent yourself as an author instead of a musician?

"Yes… I still do."
________

"Anyone who is aware of such a thing as basic grammar is not trusted."

________

You once said that you don’t foresee yourself performing past 55. Is that still true?
"Yes. I am slightly shocked to have gone as far as I have. This is my 30th year, and I’ve aged a lot recently, which is bit distressing for me, as it must be for everyone. The body changes shape and there’s nothing you can do about it. Do I continue as a modern day Andy Williams? I take one hour at a time. We will all probably be blown up by the Syrian government soon, anyway, so it hardly matters in the great scheme of things [laughs]."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom