Sinead O'Connor has been found safe; staying with Matt Walker

An anonymous person posted the links (original post):

Irish singer Sinead O’Connor found safe, Wilmette police say - Chicago Sun Times

Excerpt:

Irish singer Sinead O’Connor, missing in the Chicago area since she had not returned from an early Sunday bicycle ride, was found safe Monday, Wilmette Police said.

“She is safe and no longer listed as a missing/endangered person,” according to a statement from the Wilmette Police Department, which earlier Monday said O’Connor was missing and that police were trying to check on her after receiving a phone call from someone worried about her well-being...

...O’Connor, 49, who reportedly has been staying in Wilmette for several weeks, went for a bicycle ride about 6 a.m. Sunday but never returned, according to the earlier police statement.

The singer apparently was staying at the home of local drummer Matt Walker, best known for his work with Filter, Smashing Pumpkins and Morrissey.

A neighbor said she had seen O’Connor on several occasions over the past few months.

Last week, the neighbor saw O’Connor on the front porch and asked her to see if the Walkers could move their car, which was blocking her garage.

“She yelled into the house. She had an Irish accent. But I didn’t realize it was Sinead O’Connor at the time,” the neighbor said.

Also:

SINEAD O'CONNOR FOUND SAFE AFTER GOING MISSING IN WILMETTE - abc7chicago.com

Sinead O'Connor threatens to kill herself and accuses her family of 'torturing her and letting her die' one day after being reported missing and feared suicidal - Daily Mail

Related item:

What does it take for this woman to get help? She is making an ass of herself.

It seems she is desperately asking for help. It's hard to understand that some families are designed to ruin lives, not to save them. Maybe her friends or other good people can make a joint effort to save her. She will need all the help she can get and more, and it will be a hard task. People should understand her true self is not who is talking and acting right now. She said in previous interviews she has serious mental health issues, and it must be so, since she can't take care of her own son. Besides, she has money problems.

she was probably out on a long bike ride and was enjoying it so much she made a day of it.how long was she missing, was it even 24 hrs.

She has a bipolar disorder and from all of the extreme public statements she's made it seems like she's pushed almost all of her family away including her children. It's sad but it can also be very hard even for family to help someone in these situations. I'm sure money and fame make it easier for her to reject family help while the fame probably just adds to the pressure and manic behavior. Hopefully things will turn out alright in the end

She was gone for quite a while and had also posted a disjointed rant on FB before leaving that made it (perhaps) sound like she wasn't going to be coming back. Completely agree that she needs help badly.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is her connection to Matt Walker? Not the first time I've heard of it. Has he done session work/toured with her?

Excuse my ignorance, but what is her connection to Matt Walker? Not the first time I've heard of it. Has he done session work/toured with her?

One of the articles says: "Walker, 46, played on O’Connor’s song Summer’s End on her 2000 album Jealous and his current band, Sons of the Silent Age, backed her up in March at a concert in a cancer research in benefit Chicago in memory of David Bowie."

More mention of Matt Walker. Possible picture of his home in suburban Chicago (its unclear from the article if its his.

If someone deserves help is Synead. She was very brave when she faced the world with the truth of children abuse by catholic priests. We as catholics owe her because she was one of the few who made visible the invisible and only the knowledge of the problem is the beginning of the solution.
It's notorious the way we fill our mouths talking about Jean d'Arc and we ignore the sufferings of contemporary people who pay a high cost by their courage.
Do you believe it was easy for her to live with the hate of the blind fanatics who didn't want to see the crimes? I'm sure all the harassment she endured must have taken a toll into her mental sanity and damaged her peace of mind. Besides, for a woman everything is always more difficult. Shame of this world full of hypocrites.

Well Im really glad sinead has been found safe.

By the sound of things, and by her own words, she seems 2 be going thru a difficult time at the moment, and perhaps she has lost her way slightly 4 some time - only she herself will know.

I hope she finds the right path, if indeed shes stuck at a cross roads unsure which way 2 turn or travel!

People do care and will help - If help/support is what she needs and or wants !

Please take care + bgty X :)

If someone deserves help is Synead. She was very brave when she faced the world with the truth of children abuse by catholic priests. We as catholics owe her because she was one of the few who made visible the invisible and only the knowledge of the problem is the beginning of the solution.
It's notorious the way we fill our mouths talking about Jean d'Arc and we ignore the sufferings of contemporary people who pay a high cost by their courage.
On 3 October 1992, O’Connor appeared on Saturday Night Live as a musical guest. She sang an a cappella version of Bob Marley’s "War", intended as a protest against sexual abuse in the Catholic Church—O’Connor referred to child abuse rather than racism.
She then presented a photo of Pope John Paul II to the camera while singing the word "evil", after which she tore the photo into pieces, said "Fight the real enemy", and threw the pieces towards the camera

The child sexual abuse and the way its all covered up within the church Is ABSOLUTELY SICKING !!! :(
Sinead o conner is a star ! :)

Last edited:
Sadly, the main problem with some mental conditions is the inability to ask for adequate help, or to ask for it in an adequate way. That's what family and friends are for: to support people when they can't support themselves.
Anyway, Matt Walker and his wife seem to be excellent people.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom