Simon Mayo radio show BBC 5 Live Wednesday 20th @3.30pm

OK the show went well (in between cricket reports:rolleyes:)

Craig Gill from Inspiral carpets and Manchester Music Tours was on as well as Simon Goddard and a young female fan (apologies, forgot her name) and some other bloke (forgot again!)
General chat about solo v Smiths stuff etc etc

Jukebox Jury

hey fella! That was me :)

They sent the radio car to me, a white van with studio inside. It was hard to hear what everyone was saying clearly but I think I did alright. Not my first time on the radio, I've been on many times from when I used to work for a fetish magazine. Thanks for calling me young, I'm 32 ;)

I was interviewed for Collette's article, but because the Times are cheap sods they cut me from the interview. The tattoo is on my back, so they didn't want to use the shot. So they used my best mate's tattoo instead, that's the last interviewee in it, Leah.

That was quite some way for my mum to find out about the tattoo, wouldn't you say? :eek:

hey fella! That was me :)

They sent the radio car to me, a white van with studio inside. It was hard to hear what everyone was saying clearly but I think I did alright. Not my first time on the radio, I've been on many times from when I used to work for a fetish magazine. Thanks for calling me young, I'm 32 ;)

I was interviewed for Collette's article, but because the Times are cheap sods they cut me from the interview. The tattoo is on my back, so they didn't want to use the shot. So they used my best mate's tattoo instead, that's the last interviewee in it, Leah.

That was quite some way for my mum to find out about the tattoo, wouldn't you say? :eek:
I thought you were excellent, given the constricted nature of these radio pieces. You did us proud ~ if only all Morrissey fans were as sharp, witty and articulate as this. I particularly enjoyed your little Alan Partridge retort at Colin Murray. I do believe he was momentarily stunned into a very rare silence.
Simon Goddard was good too. Pretentious ? I couldn't get enough of it! Drooling in anticipation for 'Mozipedia'.
:thumb::thumb:

it turned out an odd little piece..didnt think murray was particularly interested in moz at all and it showed in his questions (ok ..we get it that he loves nick cave...)...i thought that "young female fan " spoke very intelligently, particularly about moz solo years and how she finally got the moz thing ,whilst murray kept bringing it back to the smiths..whom he also clearly didnt care for...good point you made about how little press fuss is being given to the big day....he is indeed up there with bowie....

Aw, such nice comments, much appreciated :)

I was wondering how it sounded, I haven't had the guts to listen to it yet. I've been on the radio a few times before, which gave me a little advantage, but still, you never know how these things will go. Murray is clearly a Smiths fan, he came across well I thought. Good broadcaster. I honestly didn't hear what he said about the hairy chest or something, he had to explain I wasn't in the studio because of it! ISDN line and all that.

I'm so glad and happy that you guys approve, that means a lot to me. You all know your stuff, it's important to me that I gave it my all. I'm proud to have represented you all as best I could. I didn't realise he'd focus so much on the tattoo and my relatively recent conversion 3 years ago. I'd been a Smiths fan before that but it's funny, it feels like I've been a Moz fan forever :)

Murray is clearly a Smiths fan, he came across well I thought.

Didn't he say that The Smiths and Morrissey never clicked for him, or something?

Anyway, you came accross as a really informed pashernate fan. Well done.

Didn't he say that The Smiths and Morrissey never clicked for him, or something?

Anyway, you came accross as a really informed pashernate fan. Well done.

He intimated that he liked them, then said he didn't. I got the feeling he does but not on the level of the guests so he played it down. Cheers, am so glad people liked it, I did my best and had a good go! :) :)

Back
Top Bottom