Simon Bird (Inbetweeners) 'can no longer listen to' Morrissey (January 27, 2023)

'Cognitive dissonance' what a silly little twinkle he is. He should have been with us behind Tibb Street in the 1980s with the two matelots from Greece who'd skipped ship in Manchester and were trying their hands as the 'Adonis from Athens' (they were never quite sure about the plural form) - does anyone else recall the dear things? Sullivan often talks of them with fondness and recalls the afternoon he waved briefly at them from the public gallery when they made their last appearance in the Minshull Street dock. Deported? We think so, yes. Thirty minutes with the pair of them would have you questioning your cognitive dissonance you self-seeking, politically performative and desperately talentless and largely forgotten little tit.

Some questions for Simple Simon:

1. Can you stand to live in the UK, when we actively seek deals to arm terrorists?
2. Can you stand to have life insurance from a companies who invest in war?
3. Can you stand to allow yourself to breathe, given that you've made a TV show which promotes the objectification of women?
4. Can you allow yourself to be paid another penny, given that you chose your haircut yourself?

Enquiring minds want to know.

f*** me these people are tiresomely boring. Who the f*** cares what he thinks, he lucked out and got in a misogynistic tv show and has since done ?????

An afternoon nostalgia television show....... da da da

Knob

Which basically means: "I'll listen to songs that this now EVIL HUMAN BEING sung and co-wrote in the 80s but I won't listen to songs that this EVIL HUMAN BEING sung and co-wrote after that" - as if Morrissey turned evil during the summer of 1987.
Perhaps the reason for this widely common approach is the fact that, although always outspoken and contrarian, it was only after his split from The Smiths that Morrissey started making more bitter and, quite frankly, rather questionable statements?

I myself do, of course, listen to both (much to my own enjoyment), but when it comes to the solo artist I somehow feel I have to ‘tread carefully’ (lest I come across another thing that disappoints me - in contrast to the songs I so love).

I was reading something on BBC yesterday connected with this
'cognitive dissonance'. It seems to be a quite common thing these days amongst certain types. This time, it was owners of Tesla cars (in the U.S. I think) being embarrassed at owning, driving, or having any type of association with them. Musk was the root cause of their disdain & embarrassment. Luckily, I don't have that problem to deal with. 🙄
Elon Musk has made me embarrassed to drive my Tesla now

Last edited by a moderator:
My son got me into inbetweeners.
He said "its like peep show ". He was right it fecking was, this guy just acts like David Mitchell
funny as feck show mind.
I can't be fecked to hate on the guy, just because he isn't keen on M. People are allowed not to be a fan of M and the truth is M's politics are those of a 70 year old man or a red-pilled youtuber, if you were to go by what he has said in recent years and his Youtube likes from PJW to Stycx 666
The thing is though, even my daughter who isn't even 15 can see through the media BS aimed at M, so why can't people like this berk?

I was reading something on BBC yesterday connected with this
'cognitive dissonance'. It seems to be a quite common thing these days amongst certain types. This time, it was owners of Tesla cars (in the U.S. I think) being embarrassed at owning, driving, or having any type of association with them. Musk was the root cause of their disdain & embarrassment. Luckily, I don't have that problem to deal with. 🙄
Elon Musk has made me embarrassed to drive my Tesla now
It's a bit different, when you get a car, you aren't really saying you are a fan of Elon
you just think the cars are smooth as feck When you are into M, his politics are everywhere and its personal but I get where you are coming from mate
It's hard for some Americans to grasp, as the USA is so right-wing compared to the UK
To most in the USA, M is still ultra-left, In the UK, its a different story

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom