Simon Bird (Inbetweeners) 'can no longer listen to' Morrissey (January 27, 2023)

i hadnt listened to morrissey in ages, not for any political reasons (obvi) but just because i wasnt really into it. then last night there in my youtube feed in amongst manics and suede was the recommendation for The More You Ignore Me,and i thought to myself "what the hell? ill throw mozzer a little bone and listen to it!" and so i did! it was that easy! and turns out, it was really good too! i had forgotten!

It's sad to say but no Inbetweeners song will ever get mentioned in a list like this.....

If he ever liked "Now My Heart Is Full" then he HAD good taste at one point in his life!

Last edited:
A hell of a lot👍
The more news about our Nicky
The better.
I’m gonna write another poem soon about our Nicky within the next few days when I get some time off work.

I can't wrap my head 'round the logic of this. Morrissey is as much involved in The Smiths as he is in his solo work. Perhaps even more so, if you consider the sleeve designs. Who does he think wrote The Smiths' lyrics?
It's so odd, isn't it?

And yet this view is very prevalent. "I still listen to the Smiths, but never any of the solo stuff."

Which basically means: "I'll listen to songs that this now EVIL HUMAN BEING sung and co-wrote in the 80s but I won't listen to songs that this EVIL HUMAN BEING sung and co-wrote after that" - as if Morrissey turned evil during the summer of 1987.

I can't wrap my head 'round the logic of this. Morrissey is as much involved in The Smiths as he is in his solo work. Perhaps even more so, if you consider the sleeve designs. Who does he think wrote The Smiths' lyrics?
this is what continues to perplex me about the moralistic "love the Smiths, hate Morrissey" club. how weak and meaningless are your so-called moral principles, people? "i denounce Morrissey but let me make an exception for... Morrissey, as a treat"

AEC80851-4B37-4A0E-97C9-896DBE9D450F.gif

simon bird,two words.wank.

judge-simon bird you have been found guilty of being a bit of a dick,how do you plead.

simon bird-unanimously guily your honour.

judge-before i pass sentence do you promise to stop being a bit of a dick in the future.

simon bird-im sorry your honor i cant promise that.

judge-take him down.

ahhh justice.

Back
Top Bottom