Silly season Gretchen question

• Thread starter Deleted member 28602
  • Start date

Do you actively look out for new music releases and new artists?

• Yes, I actively do that.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Not actively, but sometimes I come across sth. interesting.

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I'm more interested in reissues of the older, better stuff; real music that really mattered.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am enduring them passive-aggressively. Can't escape 'em.

• I'm almost deaf by now, so, no, I can't, lucky bastard that I am.

• So far, I have successfully avoided all contact with new music and artist.

• None of your f***ing business.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (please comment)

• Total voters
Yes! One of the very best albums of last year.

of course there’s always … Diamanda Galás.

Being the real thing, she might be too much for some folks though.

Thanks, looks interesting. I wonder if there is something similar for the european market.

WFMU is on the internet and it’s free/non-commercial.

This DJ’s set full of Kraftwerk, D.A.F, etc ….

this DJ’s set starts with Charles Ives, and there’s Morrissey and Loudon Wainwright in there too, quite a mix of stuff …..

This DJ’s set more from upbeat punk to kinda noisy electronic dark trips …..

There’s plenty of different DJ’s giving a variety of music, there’s always something that I’ll investigate further ….

Death Grips are amazing! Have you checked out Clipping as well? They’re in a similar industrial/experimental hip-hop vein.

Yes, and there’s Dälek too. But DGrips is my favorite, there’s a surreal arty bent to it, and a certain character that I’m simply in tune with.

Some random artists / bands...

Tindersticks, Bettie Serveert, Godspeed You Black Emperor, The Triffids, Barry Adamson, Micah P Hinson, The Handsome Family, Daniel Knox, Laura Gibson, Mississippi John Hurt, Nina Nastasia, Portishead, C W Stoneking, Mississippi Fred McDowell, Dirty Three...

(There are more, but that'll do for now)

You can all thank me later!

Looking at your list, thought maybe you’d like to go deeper(?) This DJ plays obscure old blues-gospel, amazing stuff …..

just one recent show ….

His archive ….

Looking at your list, thought maybe you’d like to go deeper(?) This DJ plays obscure old blues-gospel, amazing stuff …..

just one recent show ….

His archive ….

I think "obscure old blues-gospel" is a good summation of my taste in music; then again, old obscure anything sums me up. I gave the recent show a quick scan through but will give it a proper listen when I can. I was aware of wfmu but not Kevin Nut, so thanks for that.

of course there’s always … Diamanda Galás.

Being the real thing, she might be too much for some folks though.
Never really got into her. Bit too “opera” for me. I should give her a proper shot, though.

Have you heard Lingua Ignota’s latest album? It’s really quite harrowing.

I think "obscure old blues-gospel" is a good summation of my taste in music; then again, old obscure anything sums me up. I gave the recent show a quick scan through but will give it a proper listen when I can. I was aware of wfmu but not Kevin Nut, so thanks for that.

(y)

Never really got into her. Bit too “opera” for me. I should give her a proper shot, though.

I prefer Diamandas earlier ‘non-song’ experimental stuff mostly, like …

though this is pretty fvcking awesome too …

Sinner get Ready ? If that’s her last album, no I haven’t. I’ll give it a listen, it’s been a while since listening to her. I liked her earlier stuff, though I think more interested in the overall sound, rather than her lyric/story.

Didn't think I'd manage to give it a proper listen so soon, but I did. It was definitely my cup of tea! Thank you, thank you, thank you. May I suggest Sinner's Crossroads on WFMU to you all? At least give it a try...

WFMU is on the internet and it’s free/non-commercial.

This DJ’s set full of Kraftwerk, D.A.F, etc ….

this DJ’s set starts with Charles Ives, and there’s Morrissey and Loudon Wainwright in there too, quite a mix of stuff …..

This DJ’s set more from upbeat punk to kinda noisy electronic dark trips …..

There’s plenty of different DJ’s giving a variety of music, there’s always something that I’ll investigate further ….

OMG, Heino! My grandmother would have tears in her eyes now, and I've only listened to the first link. That's what modern new music should sound like and young folks should listen to, jawoll! 😎
@The Wild Turkey

There was a DJ presenting female punk bands. Maybe i can find the link again. A lil bit more DJ curation of the songs would be wonderful.

I widened my horizon today and dipped my toe into some Lingua Ignota. Just wanted to let you know.

I prefer Diamandas earlier ‘non-song’ experimental stuff mostly, like …

though this is pretty fvcking awesome too …

Sinner get Ready ? If that’s her last album, no I haven’t. I’ll give it a listen, it’s been a while since listening to her. I liked her earlier stuff, though I think more interested in the overall sound, rather than her lyric/story.

Have you seen her live yet? I just wonder for how long these singers who put such a strain on their voice can actually last on a live stage.
Impressive performance though.

I widened my horizon today and dipped my toe into some Lingua Ignota. Just wanted to let you know.
Ah, nice! What did you think?

Have you seen her live yet? I just wonder for how long these singers who put such a strain on their voice can actually last on a live stage.
Impressive performance though.

her voice will out last all of us, not that anyone’s listening.

Back
Top Bottom