Sigur Rós

They are quite fantastic - saw them in 2002?? I think in Edinburgh in a tiny venue - very atmospheric, tres fantastique!!

JIM

I'm a big fan of their music, but I've never seen them live. They can create such a great mood, and boy do they fit with the Winter or what ;)

They are quite fantastic - saw them in 2002?? I think in Edinburgh in a tiny venue - very atmospheric, tres fantastique!!

JIM

Have acctually never seen them live (emberrasing...), would have seen them (and Moz of course) in Roskilde but wasn't allowed to go.

And then, I have only listened to them since this summer.

I've seen them twice this year - divine :)

Hey,

Thank you so much for promoting this band!!!!!

I saw them in Philly at the Tower theater and they were excellent! ;)

I have a few of their albums but, my favorite is the album " ( ) " [18 Seconds to Sunrise]. My favorite track off of that album is Untitled Track 2. That song is so beautiful w/ it's long chords and his singing style. I know that song might sound a bit depressing but, that's his emotionalism coming through (IMHO).

I happened to have a very cool priviledge of visiting Iceland this summer and meeting up w/ my good friend from there. What an experience!!!!! I have photos if anyone's interested. The geographic content alone was totally surreal.....I still am in awe that I actually made it to going there. I totally can see how their homeland influences that album. The scenery alone was unbelievable and powerful...just like their music. Atmospheric, winding, breezy and serene.

Much obliged again on posting this thread and talking about them. If you can too, get their newest album, Takk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much obliged again on posting this thread and talking about them. If you can too, get their newest album, Takk.

No problem, it was just fun, thanks for helping. :)

Am planning on buying it but's it's quite expensive on vinyl.

Ingen orsak (ok, in swedish but almost...).

Hey,

What's everyone's favorite tracks?

Mine is actually tracks 2 & 8 off of the album, " ( ) ".

What about all of you?

To be honest, I don't have a favourite since I'm really bad at checking which song I am listening to, random order and all that. However I have never heard a bad song by them so...

Great news : I read that a live album + a live DVD of Sigur Ros will come soon ! :) (the date is not known yet). I'm impatiently waiting to hear / see it !
I recently bought a pack of CD + DVD of 3 videos of ''Glosoli', 'Saeglopur' (and I forgotten the third, sorry) and I simply love their videos, full of poetry, deep atmosphear, beautiful Island landscapes... it suits so well to their music !
A great band really...;)

Great news : I read that a live album + a live DVD of Sigur Ros will come soon ! :) (the date is not known yet). I'm impatiently waiting to hear / see it !
I recently bought a pack of CD + DVD of 3 videos of ''Glosoli', 'Saeglopur' (and I forgotten the third, sorry) and I simply love their videos, full of poetry, deep atmosphear, beautiful Island landscapes... it suits so well to their music !
A great band really...;)

Hey Oneiros,
Thanks for that information! :)

A great band really...;)

Whee! Thanks for the info.

I absolutely adore this band. Saw them in Amsterdam for the first time, couple of years ago.
Love their videos, all in slow motion, most of them with a "forbidden" kiss in them. Glosoli has become my all time favourite song (sorry Moz!).
I've seen them live twice this year, tears were streaming down my face when they opened with Glosoli, behind the white curtain...
I sooo hope they will release the Reykjavik-show on dvd!!

Amazing live band. In my top three, along with Radiohead and the Flaming lips as my favourite live act. I've seen them twice and they were spectacular on both occasions.

Back
Top Bottom