Signed Morrissey tambourine, extremely rare

Adam Peters

Hi fellow fans,

I’ve put up for sale a very treasured possession and very rare piece of rock music memorabilia: an autographed instrument that was actually played by Morrissey.

This tambourine was played and then thrown into the crowd at Gloucester Leisure Centre, October 7th 1991. I leapt like a Smiths loving salmon and caught it. I didn’t even realise it was signed until I was outside after the gig.

It is signed by himself and his then band and is in excellent condition.

This was during his ‘Our Frank’ tour and if anyone was there you might remember them messing up Suedehead and Morrissey asking the band to start again.

It is, of course, absolutely genuine and an extremely rare, much loved possession. This is a unique opportunity to own a piece of music history, played on stage by an icon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-M...700332?hash=item340b2b82ec:g:~1AAAOSwPRdc5IS-

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Very cool! I was at that show but remember literally nothing about it except it was the first time I'd ever been to Gloucester.

Very cool! I was at that show but remember literally nothing about it except it was the first time I'd ever been to Gloucester.
I was most definitely at that show.
A great night.
They all did excellent sigs back then.
I sold this here a long time ago VERY cheaply (circa 50 quid and please excuse the picture of a picture - it was a while back):

20190524_191845 mvvbn.jpg

I can't be arsed to dig up better images, but the signatures - especially Boz's doodle guitar were great.
Luckily, I'd sourced better shirts and wasn't too sad to pass this on to a good home.
This tambourine is lovely and is absolutely legit and worth owning.
Regards,
FWD

Cheers guys. It was a great gig. Very small venue, fans on stage hugging him, gladioli waving and I remember him pulling strange poses mid-way through songs and staying very still. Bizarre and hilarious. The tambourine topped it off!
It pains me to sell it but needs must. Bit of a contrast when I saw him in Glasgow last year - amazing imagery and staging but not the same atmosphere as the early solo gigs. Great to hear some Smiths songs though. I was also ready to leap into action if any instruments were projected off the stage, but not this time..

Last edited:
I was most definitely at that show.
A great night.
They all did excellent sigs back then.
I sold this here a long time ago VERY cheaply (circa 50 quid and please excuse the picture of a picture - it was a while back):

View attachment 49859

I can't be arsed to dig up better images, but the signatures - especially Boz's doodle guitar were great.
Luckily, I'd sourced better shirts and wasn't too sad to pass this on to a good home.
This tambourine is lovely and is absolutely legit and worth owning.
Regards,
FWD
I have one of those signed shirts,my one was from Boston USA I bought it from someone who won a competition to meet the band it cost around £100 with postage,

I have the centre piece of the tambourine from London 91 with Morrissey and the rest of the bands autographs. Went to put it in the bin the other day. Might put it on Ebay now.

Hi fellow fans,

I’ve put up for sale a very treasured possession and very rare piece of rock music memorabilia: an autographed instrument that was actually played by Morrissey.

This tambourine was played and then thrown into the crowd at Gloucester Leisure Centre, October 7th 1991. I leapt like a Smiths loving salmon and caught it. I didn’t even realise it was signed until I was outside after the gig.

It is signed by himself and his then band and is in excellent condition.

This was during his ‘Our Frank’ tour and if anyone was there you might remember them messing up Suedehead and Morrissey asking the band to start again.

It is, of course, absolutely genuine and an extremely rare, much loved possession. This is a unique opportunity to own a piece of music history, played on stage by an icon.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Signed-M...700332?hash=item340b2b82ec:g:~1AAAOSwPRdc5IS-

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have the centre piece of the tambourine from London 91 with Morrissey and the rest of the bands autographs. Went to put it in the bin the other day. Might put it on Ebay now.

“Might”? Either do, or don’t.

Back
Top Bottom