Signed Lp On Ebay

Looks like the real thing to me too. I have a fully signed TQID which also has Morrissey's signature in blue ballpoint and the others in black ballpoint.

Looks like the real thing to me too. I have a fully signed TQID which also has Morrissey's signature in blue ballpoint and the others in black ballpoint.

That isn't an early sig!

I have a couple of moz autographs - the one like yours and an old Still Ill 12" cover signed by moz and marr. I also had a 12" signed by Rourke as well but gave that away.

The most I paid for any of the above was £20. If you're patient things will crop up. The trouble with ebay is that most stuff is not genuine. I'd go as far as to say that at any time I look for a Moz auto at least 9 out of 10 ebay are fakes.

Be careful. If you must buy autographs on ebay go onto this site for advise until you know what you're doing:

http://groups.ebay.co.uk/clubforum.jspa?forumID=100006176

Why do you say that is not an early signature? Thank you.

Wouldn't buy any autographed stuff off ebore. Especially Moz stuff.

I was talking about the second pictured one not the one in the first post!

The one in the first post is definitely an early sig. Sorry for the confusion :)

The second pictured one is just the signature I use for all my posts....as you can see in this post. :) The fully signed TQID I was talking about has nothing to do with this signed YHKM promo CD.

Marcel

I find it interesting that so many of the fully auto'd Smiths items I see are almost always in ballpoint (or biro for our British friends), and not Sharpie.

I have a QID lp signed in gold metallic marker by Moz only, evidentally for some sort of promotion or contest during the time of release, because you can see the smudges of gold metallic on the back of the sleeve where it must have rested on another freshly signed one. They came without records in the sleeves. I had a few of them awhile ago, and I once saw another one for sale on the wall at MVE in Notting Hill.

The reason for the ballpoint is that the genuine Smiths auto's would mostly have been collected by fans who wouldn't have been carrying sharpies back in the day. The memorabilia business in Britain is a relatively recent phenomenon and didn't cover the time of The Smiths.

Like every other autograph on ebay there are very few authentic Moz autographs in relation to the amount of fakes.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Its just memorabilia. Much like people collecting rare records or football programmes. What's better than having your favourite record? Having your favourite record with an autograph on it. Ah, you're either into autographs or you aren't!

I have been known to buy (here we go) autographed baseball memorabilia. I was lucky enough to get a Jeter and Bernie Williams in person. When I am buying though I usually stick to a respected business like Steiner Sports for authenticated. I will usually pay more but I know I am getting the real thing.

In this case however you have a major problem. While the other signatures can be compared and authenticated, Morrissey's signature during this time period looks as if a third grader constructed it. It is not a slight on the signer but on the difficulty in weeding out fakes. It is possible to self-authenticate the others but you have to do your homework. With the notable exception of Babe Ruth... most everyone signed their own paychecks to cash them- even Sinatra. Look through ebay auctions for cancelled checks. That can be your basis for signatures. Copy the photos onto your computer and compare them to any potential buys. You still run the risk, however you are at least weeding out some of the fakes.

One last story... guy was convicted a couple of years ago for tearing out the liners of old library books a few years ago. He would take out a library book from a certain number of years ago and rip out the blank page. Then would forge a signature so the paper was as old as the signature was supposedly signed from. Just a heads up.

Wow, this is amazing! I had no idea The Smiths continued signing autographs together a year or so after they split up.

You never know... There are people that put together "championship teams" on modern day baseballs. It is not uncommon to see Steiner put together a limited run of 1996 Yankee Championship signed baseballs. Whenever they have a member of that squad come in and do a signing he adds his name to that series of balls. A friend of mine has a Mattingly Jersey that he takes with him and has signed by whatever Yankee he meets as he meets them. This Jersey has about 50-60 signatures.

Morrissey was playing with Joyce and Rourke up until about late 88 or 89 if memory serves correctly. (Wolverhampton Civic '88 and various videos). It IS possible. The signatures could also be collected individually as in my friends jersey. However... if I were doing that... I would have Morrissey sign it first, then Marr... then Rourke and Joyce last. Morrissey may not sign if he sees the other signatures on the item.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom