Showstar cover "Everyday Is Like Sunday"

vu / We Heart Music sends the press release from Showstar:

EVERYDAY IS LIKE SUNDAY
NEW TRACK
Hey ! We have a new track and, blimey, it's a cover of "Everyday Is Like Sunday" by Morrissey!
Listen right now : soundcloud.com/showstar/everyday
The track was recorded and mixed by Allan Snon, the great.

It will be released on cassette (!!!) for the Cassette Store Day (october 8th) via our french record label : My Dear Recordings.
The tape is the first release from the Dialog Tape Series. It's a dialog between Pamela Hute and us featuring two previously unreleased tracks.

The cassettes will also be offered as gifts for all first 100 attendees on september 15 at the Supersonic in Paris (My Dear Recordings Launch Party). Come Armageddon! Come!

39096_showstar_everyday.jpg

Image : Caroline Tompkins

S H O W S T A R
www.showstar.be

Throw this one in the huge pile of awful Smiths/Morrissey covers. Seriously, so few are even half way decent.

Why do they even try?

That's what I thought when I heard the first notes of Patti Smith covering "When Doves Cry." Had to sprint and turn the radio off.:rock:
I reckon 99.9 of covers are utterly pointless. I mean if you're a cover band fair enough, you can't help it, but why ruin a song that people love otherwise?
Hey! Singers! Leave the songs alone!

Looks like Patti is not that smart (well she's mates with Morrissey, after all :D)

Does Kylie f.cking cover Joy Division? :rolleyes:

That's what I thought when I heard the first notes of Patti Smith covering "When Doves Cry." Had to sprint and turn the radio off.:rock:
I reckon 99.9 of covers are utterly pointless. I mean if you're a cover band fair enough, you can't help it, but why ruin a song that people love otherwise?
Hey! Singers! Leave the songs alone!

Looks like Patti is not that smart (well she's mates with Morrissey, after all :D)

Does Kylie f.cking cover Joy Division? :rolleyes:

I am listening to Patti Smith covering "When Doves Cry" now and it's not bad, but I'd like it better if I wasn't aware of the classic original. Prince would say "take a bath, hippie!"
Prince-GIFS.gif

Throw this one in the huge pile of awful Smiths/Morrissey covers. Seriously, so few are even half way decent.
And that pile is growing bigger all the time and this fey lightweight crap makes me want to set fire to it right away.

Prince would say "take a bath, hippie!"

:laughing: I can still hear him!

Poor Patt. It's really not her day. I also have no interest in hearing her read "the Ballad of Reading Twang". Even if the perk to that trial was to be locked in a very small cell with a zoophilous, I'd pass.

I mean if she was anything like an overweight gay Irish man, Morrissey would have told us by now.

And precisely, why didn't they ask him? Did they assume that since he couldn't write very well, he couldn't read aloud very well either? :confused:

Well they look cute. Like idealistic belle and Sebastian fans

Even the photo is pure shit. That one on the couch looks like the hag from the bath in The Shining. Yuuugh I feel sick. I'd sooner get it on with a mouse trap (with a rat stuck in it). I'd say the guy is dead. I hope he is for his sake.

Last edited:
What did Belle and Sebastian ever do to any of you guys to make you drag their good name into this??

They invented twee cuteness right. No I just kid but I do think of idealistic cute scenes like blonde girls with those types of haircuts dressed in pastels yellows and blues etc. for some reason I think stereotypical twee Swedish people. I don't know why. They also released storytelling so I'm still a bit mad I guess.

Yeah i guess you're right though. These hags had better get prettier or not show they're face at all. I mean come on what's the point

The good thing about living in the US is having no idea what Belle and Sebastian is, or The Divine Comedy, either, and not caring.
The Divine Comedy isn't a bad band at all. They have some cracking songs. 'The Summerhouse' in probably my favourite:

Calamine... I live in the U.S. and Belle and Sebastian and The Divine Comedy are two of my favorite bands next to The Smiths. Neil Hannon (The Divine Comedy) is capable of writing lyrics every bit as good as Morrissey's. I agree Belle and Sebastian are annoyingly twee at times but when they're firing on all cylinders they're great. I always thought Neil Hannon would've made a great Jack Skellington on Broadway!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom