should morrissey release "all you need is me" as a single , without an album?

speedfreaks ball

psychobilly member
just as he did with playboys, ouiji board, interesting drug , pregnant etc ?

just as he did with playboys, ouiji board, interesting drug , pregnant etc ?

Of course! But back then, he did have a record label that handled the distribution and, most importantly, the pressing of 7" vinyl copies. He strikes me as an artist who doesn't consider a single to be an official release unless he can hold that ring in his hands.

No record company would do it. It's a guaranteed money loser.

In fact I think Morrissey's going to find it very hard to find a deal without them trying to dictate and get a share of his live and merchandise business.

That makes me worried that a deal is never going to happen.

nope. can't do it today like it was previously said.

those days ended in the mid-nineties.

nope. can't do it today like it was previously said.

those days ended in the mid-nineties.

With Digital releases..an album is no longer important...

Therefore, yes he should...and hopefully The Sex Pistols won't demand a portion of the royalties for Tobias' borrowing God Save The Queen as a template...

God no, the song's bloody horrible!

Morrissey has made it a point not to release only to his fan base. Hence the seven year wait between albums. He'd rather be sought after by labels and wooed than worry about appeasing his loyal fan base. Nasty, but sadly true...

Morrissey has made it a point not to release only to his fan base. Hence the seven year wait between albums. He'd rather be sought after by labels and wooed than worry about appeasing his loyal fan base. Nasty, but sadly true...

Why is it nasty? I find it refreshing that he does;nt want to appease us at every chance.

I like All You Need Is Me a lot better but either could be released as a digital single with little cost it seems?

If he has a record coming though, maybe he should save them.

Yes I think he should.Personally,I think it is stronger than any of the ROTT singles with the exception of "In The Future When All's Well".

It used to be common place for singles to be released and not included on albums.

Only one singles released from The Smiths debut for example.Nowadays 4 or 5 is commonplace

It's more than "not that bad", it's a contemporary classic.
" I was a small fat child in a council/welfare house"?

That's up there with some of his best/funniest lines ever. It's up there with Nobody Loves Us. It's a solid 10. It's also a great indication that we might get another Vauxhall type of record someday.

I think Quarry is a great record, but would love to set the musical clock back to early-mid 90's for Morrissey, and this song sort of does that.

It's more than "not that bad", it's a contemporary classic.
" I was a small fat child in a council/welfare house"?

That's up there with some of his best/funniest lines ever. It's up there with Nobody Loves Us. It's a solid 10. It's also a great indication that we might get another Vauxhall type of record someday.

I think Quarry is a great record, but would love to set the musical clock back to early-mid 90's for Morrissey, and this song sort of does that.

Dave m'dear, you're kidding, right? :eek:

Giving this mess a 10 is just as huge an injustice as someone giving "Come Back to Camden" a 1.

Come on Morrissey, you can do better than this!

Back
Top Bottom