Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations?

Re: Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations

"So safely with your management, miles from the front line..."

Re: Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations

This explanation is going to make none sense to pretty much everyone but hey, coming from me what's new?

Morrissey should not apologize. A friend of mine said he once saw Morrissey at a concert in Los Angeles. He had VIP seats because he was friends of a promoter and Morrissey and his entourage swept in, sat for maybe two songs and in a flash were gone. (He said he sort of glowed too, no joke.) There are reports of Morrissey being at other concerts, The Smoking Popes, The Doll & Kicks, The Courteeners, and correct me if I'm wrong, but for the most part he does not stay the entire time. Why is it, that Morrissey does not "cosmically" feel comfortable to stay for an entire show? Why is it that he is denied a complete set list from another musician, yet we demand longer, and longer and longer set lists from him and an APOLOGY when he doesn't provide us with what WE, HIS FANS WHO LOVE HIM SO MUCH, want and demand? So like a man in a dysfunctional codependent relationship, he promises us the world with an insane tour schedule yet when push comes to shove, he's just a man not getting his needs met and his throat nodules or whatever are telling him to stop, they're telling him to demand what he needs. Is this directly related to the fans? Not really, but unfortunately we're all stuck in the middle. Also like a girl making wedding invitations for someone else's wedding while the bride and groom quietly take advantage of her good intentions and fail to help or lend a hand, Morrissey's response to "a thousand girls, a thousand thrills" is :angry:, at least that's his throat's response.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wf2oHzc_Lfc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wf2oHzc_Lfc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Awwwwwww. The music ran out. You'll live.

This explanation is going to make none sense to pretty much everyone but hey, coming from me what's new?

Morrissey should not apologize. A friend of mine said he once saw Morrissey at a concert in Los Angeles. He had VIP seats because he was friends of a promoter and Morrissey and his entourage swept in, sat for maybe two songs and in a flash were gone. (He said he sort of glowed too, no joke.) There are reports of Morrissey being at other concerts, The Smoking Popes, The Doll & Kicks, The Courteeners, and correct me if I'm wrong, but for the most part he does not stay the entire time. Why is it, that Morrissey does not "cosmically" feel comfortable to stay for an entire show? Why is it that he is denied a complete set list from another musician, yet we demand longer, and longer and longer set lists from him and an APOLOGY when he doesn't provide us with what WE, HIS FANS WHO LOVE HIM SO MUCH, want and demand? So like a man in a dysfunctional codependent relationship, he promises us the world with an insane tour schedule yet when push comes to shove, he's just a man not getting his needs met and his throat nodules or whatever are telling him to stop, they're telling him to demand what he needs. Is this directly related to the fans? Not really, but unfortunately we're all stuck in the middle. Also like a girl making wedding invitations for someone else's wedding while the bride and groom quietly take advantage of her good intentions and fail to help or lend a hand, Morrissey's response to "a thousand girls, a thousand thrills" is :angry:, at least that's his throat's response.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wf2oHzc_Lfc&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wf2oHzc_Lfc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Awwwwwww. The music ran out. You'll live.

I would agree with you except for the small little issue of money.I work really hard for my money and I'm sure the majority of his fanbase do too and I really feel for people who have lost money on hotel and flight bookings.He doesn't have to say sorry for being ill but just that he is sorry for the situation and he understands the disappointment people must be feeling and he wants to put it right.And looking at it from a financial perspective on his part it could make the difference between a fan going or not going to a show again.

Last edited:

Yes. For the 1000'th time.

I lost a lot of money last year when he cancelled the Roundhouse shows. It sucks, but that's life. I think as a singer, not being able to sing must be really, really hard. He could put out a statement, but for me personally it's not something I'm waiting for.

If you actually took the trouble to read through this thread you would see that I could not get tickets for Salisbury. That has nothing to do with this thread however.It is not about me, it is about fans who have lost a lot of money and have had no apology.But hey, you always have a go at me. Get over it!

No one is going to get an apology so I suggest you stop whining about it.

I would agree with you except for the small little issue of money.I work really hard for my money and I'm sure the majority of his fanbase do too and I really feel for people who have lost money on hotel and flight bookings.He doesn't have to say sorry for being ill but just that he is sorry for the situation and he understands the disappointment people must be feeling and he wants to put it right.And looking at it from a financial perspective on his part it could make the difference between a fan going or not going to a show again.

Well this is true, but like a racehorse he is a bit of a gamble because we've sort of trained him to be. He's not Mary Magdalene, we shouldn't demand he be sorry because he placed in the race you bet him to win in.

When he gets his life in order and starts nurturing himself, there won't be cancellations.

No one is going to get an apology so I suggest you stop whining about it.

excuse me? there are other people not happy about the situation, It is not a case of me "whining about it". Idiot.

excuse me? there are other people not happy about the situation, It is not a case of me "whining about it". Idiot.

Okay, fine. Then ALL of you should stop whining about it, because none of you are going to get an apology. Happy?

One would hope Morrissey would never use such an expression, for he is not a 20 year old American.

I was paraphrasing ;)

Danny_ said:
To have been through a dozen or more cancellations means you have to have bought an awful lot of Morrissey tickets, to the point of obsession.

Not neccessarily - I've had three cancellations. I've bought three tickets.

ok, this is my last post on the subject. i feel i have explained my understanding as much as i could. anything more would be repetition.

right. you can't compare fans hence, not common. common means shared. a shared feeling for all fans. this is the way you feel. and of course, you are entitled to that. i haven't once said that you shouldn't be or have no right to be upset about the cancellations. you're disappointed. i can appreciate that. my issue comes with people dictating what morrissey should and shouldn't do, what he should and shouldn't feel.

of course you can. it's a discussion board.

again, you are more than entitled to your opinion.

ah, you've moved the goalposts. you said "he promises me that he will perform songs". his music will last forever. it's on cd. however, i would still dispute that he has any commitment to you, to me, to anyone other than himself. unless you know him personally and he has guaranteed you this.

Did you think I meant that his commitment to me is that he will perform live forever?! Dear me no. He's 50 now! He can only perform for a decade even if he sorts out how he tours. Bowie is fitter than him and finished live performance at 58.

He promises me that he will perform songs when he books a concert. But it seems to me that he books half of them knowing he can't complete them. Why, it's almost fraud.

Okay, fine. Then ALL of you should stop whining about it, because none of you are going to get an apology. Happy?

yes, people who have lost hundreds of pounds are really happy.sods law, you're clearly not one of them.:mad:

You've just made my point for me. To have been through a dozen or more cancellations means you have to have bought an awful lot of Morrissey tickets, to the point of obsession. My point is a lot of people are putting Morrissey too much at the centre of their life, so that a cancelled gig is no longer just a change of plan to them, they see itis a personal insult and Morrissey "not caring" about them. There is no way Morrissey should be held responsible for that. Why do you need him to care about you?

I was referring to other people - I've been thru the Roundhouse, RAH and now Troxy cancellations. Not a dozen. It's not an obsession that destroys my life. I live in London so I'm just not going to Mile End tonight, as I was going to. I don't see it as a personal insult nor do I say anything about him caring, that's just you putting words in my mouth.

I have only one central point, which no-one has yet disagreed with - that he should plan tours differently.

yes, people who have lost hundreds of pounds are really happy.sods law, you're clearly not one of them.:mad:

Yes, I'm not. But I don't see how bitching about it will solve anything. It's not like he's going to read these forums and take all of your posts into consideration.

He promises me that he will perform songs when he books a concert. But it seems to me that he books half of them knowing he can't complete them. Why, it's almost fraud.

When my evil ex was hitting me and screaming in my face while I was in a headlock asking me what I intended to do to make things better, I told him whatever he wanted to hear.

But hey, it's all about the money you lost, right? Say sorry, Morrissey, you're the wrong one. :angry:

Well duh, it's rhetorical. What, are we going to print out this thread and send it to 'Morrissey c/o Irving Azoff Mgt'. It's people venting, not whining.

Yes, I'm not. But I don't see how bitching about it will solve anything. It's not like he's going to read these forums and take all of your posts into consideration.

People beg to differ and dont agree with your sentiments.Happy?

When my evil ex was hitting me and screaming in my face while I was in a headlock asking me what I intended to do to make things better, I told him whatever he wanted to hear.

:eek:
It's okay, now, baby. No one's gonna hurt you :D

Well duh, it's rhetorical. What, are we going to print out this thread and send it to 'Morrissey c/o Irving Azoff Mgt'. It's people venting, not whining.

Mcrickson is just an idiot who disagrees with EVERYTHING I post, best ignored. :crazy:

Tags
dont f with op get ban here spinelesswhines sycophants
Back
Top Bottom