Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations?

Re: Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations

Well firstly, I would disagree with the view that the cancellations are 'ridiculous'. It's becoming apparent that Morrissey is ill (nodules?) and things aren't really improving. It seems like every gig he plays is one step forward, then two steps back. It would be 'ridiculous' to go out on stage nigh after night, rasp out a few tunes, leaving the audience unhappy and risking greater illness. To 'apologise', as such, would kind of imply that it's his own fault. And it's not - if you're sick, you're sick.
However, yeah absolutely, even a sentence or two on true-to-you would be nice and it would mean alot to plenty of people. But then again, sorry doesn't help. :blushing: Or does it?

if you're sick, you're sick, but you still ring the boss and say soz, don't ya. We're his boss in some ways; as he found out when he put those shitty b sides on the flip of 'skull'.

Re: Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations

I don't require it, but it would be awfully decent of him to post on solo or true-to-you acknowledging that it's been a rough tour and that he's sorry it happened that way but it couldn't be helped. It would make me smile in my heart.

Still, I'm not upset with him for not doing so. He's a mysterious fella.

I completely agree Scarlet :) It would be nice for everyone who had got tickets for the cancelled gigs to have some aknowledgement, but at the end of the day it's not really his fault. Like someone else said, shit happens :o

Looked at truetoyou just now, it says

'Haha my voice is f***ed.
Soz,

Moz. lol'

Everybody feeling better?

On a further note, it's pretty common that the promoter will issue if a concert is cancelled / postpone etc, as it's normally THEIR job to do so.

look, its not the gigs that are making him sick so much as the travel i bet :straightface:
he should just move to move Las Vegas and do like 2 or 3 shows a week or whatever he wants to a smaller audience
this way he wont get sick and i will have a reason to go there more often :thumb:

Re: huh

Why do you have invisible mode if it can't be used? Just because you don't like someone doesn't call for speculation into their state of mind.

Uncle Skinny's comments are not really called for either. Morrissey could easily acknowledge his fans efforts. I'm not saying he should haul a cross through the town square.

Lets face it, Kewpie and Uncle Skinny are just going to disagree with anything I say out of principal. They are moderators and are not going to criticise Morrissey. It is really unhealthy to have heroes and Icons and then believe that they are beyond reproach or criticism.Im sure Morrissey would hate to think that nobody could say a bad word against him. None of us is above criticism.

No.
Morrissey need not apologise for being ill.
I think he has tried to carry on doing as many dates as possible, despite his health problems. If it is as appears, a serious vocal problem, then to cancel the rest of the tour would be the best option, in my opinion.
An explanation of the circumstances from his representatives, (not an apology) would be in order, and appreciated by those disappointed or left waiting for rescheduled dates.

Another blue jag thread.

I bet Reelaround tipped bj to use invisible mode which shows their state of mind.

*puts this on thread ignore* :cool:

You are bang out of order. I didnt even know that I WAS on invisible mode, Im not very computer savvy. I will thank you to keep your nose out of my business and stop insinuating rubbish about my state of mind. I could say a few choice things about you KEWPIE, but everyone on here knows what you're like anyway.

Lets face it, Kewpie and Uncle Skinny are just going to disagree with anything I say out of principal. They are moderators and are not going to criticise Morrissey. It is really unhealthy to have heroes and Icons and then believe that they are beyond reproach or criticism.Im sure Morrissey would hate to think that nobody could say a bad word against him. None of us is above criticism.

:crazy:

Peter and I do not worship Morrissey.

Just happened to be both of us find your comment about the cancellations is totally disagreeable and unjust.

If the site administrator and the moderators worship Morrissey, this thread'd have been deleted.

I don't want an apology as such, I appreciate that it's not his fault he's having voice problems and of course i'd rather have him cancel shows than harm his voice. However a message from him acknowledging the situation wouldn't go amiss. I don't see why some people object to this so much, it's not humiliating or beyond what i'd expect of anyone else.

Looked at truetoyou just now, it says

'Haha my voice is f***ed.
Soz,

Moz. lol'

Everybody feeling better?

On a further note, it's pretty common that the promoter will issue if a concert is cancelled / postpone etc, as it's normally THEIR job to do so.

I wish it did say that!
But aside from that is IS Morrissey's job to keep his fans happy.

I don't see it as saying a bad word against him. It's just that there is no other way to respond to him, and it's natural that fans might feel a little disappointed. He wouldn't have to do a thing except tell someone to write a couple of lines, and most fans would be all too happy to accept it. I don't think that AN APOLOGY is necessary. He might just acknowledge that he appreciates the efforts of fans to see him, and that he regrets it didn't turn out.

Hey everyone! important news! (Kewpie waits with baited breath) I am no longer in invisible mode! :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

I agree with you, especially if your hero is as flawed as Morrissey. But that is the joy of him, after all.

I don't see it as saying a bad word against him. It's just that there is no other way to respond to him, and it's natural that fans might feel a little disappointed. He wouldn't have to do a thing except tell someone to write a couple of lines, and most fans would be all too happy to accept it. I don't think that AN APOLOGY is necessary. He might just acknowledge that he appreciates the efforts of fans to see him, and that he regrets it didn't turn out.

I totally agree Dave. It would appease a lot of aggreaved fans and make everyone feel better about the situation.

Moz has alot of mental health issues, see something is squeezing my skull. Sometimes he can face it, others he can not, much like most of us.

:crazy:

Peter and I do not worship Morrissey.

Just happened to be both of us find your comment about the cancellations is totally disagreeable and unjust.

If the site administrator and the moderators worship Morrissey, this thread'd have been deleted.

If it is disagreeable and unjust then why have a lot of people posted to agree with me? And what is the :crazy: for? I am entitled to my opinion like everyone else.You are being vindictive and pathetic, hardly the qualities of a good fair moderator.

The cancellations are not ridiculous and he does not have to apologise for being ill.

However, it wouldn't kill him to post a little note on TTY saying sorry for being stupid enough to attempt such a ludicrous schedule. Will he ever learn that he cannot sing 5 times a week? I'd rather he learned a lesson but he never seems to. The rescheduled October shows have 6 shows in 8 days. Yet again, he learns nothing. And he runs away when he lets us down. I do find that disappointing. And yet, whenever I finally do get to see him live I immediately forgive him because of the experience he gives me.

But then again, sorry doesn't help. :blushing: Or does it?

But sorry doesn't help us!
And sorry will not save us!
And sorry will not bring those cancelled gigs back to the people who had tickets for them... any time soon!

:D

The cancellations are not ridiculous and he does not have to apologise for being ill.

However, it wouldn't kill him to post a little note on TTY saying sorry for being stupid enough to attempt such a ludicrous schedule. Will he ever learn that he cannot sing 5 times a week? I'd rather he learned a lesson but he never seems to. The rescheduled October shows have 6 shows in 8 days. Yet again, he learns nothing. And he runs away when he lets us down. I do find that disappointing. And yet, whenever I finally do get to see him live I immediately forgive him because of the experience he gives me.

Well said. I agree with all of it.

Sorry, are you saying it is Morrissey's job to keep fans happy?

It's not in the slightest. it's Morrissey's job to be Morrissey. there are no terms of employment that everyone agreed to before all this started. He owes fans nothing. And no I am not a sheep, I just can't think of a reasoned argument where i can justify being owed anything by him.

Sowee, but it is just basic common sense that as a singer who earns money from cds & performing, he provides those products for his fans, and therefore, it is in his very best interests to keep his fans happy i.e. so he has people to sing to.
How many people on here have you seen going 'that's it, no more albums, no more gigs' after this or that has happened? Admittedly that's hysterical, but those people do exist, whether you like it, or he does.
In the very basic of senses, he doesn't owe me anything, you're right, but that goes both ways.

Tags
dont f with op get ban here spinelesswhines sycophants
Back
Top Bottom