Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations?

Re: Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations

Yes, definitely.

Re: Should Morrissey publicly apolgise to fans for all these ridiculous cancellations

Don't be so bloody stupid. What would you rather happen? Turn up for the gig and get a way-below-par performance, or know that it's not going to happen and get a better performance later on?

Peter

I have been a huge fan of Morrissey for years but have lost respect for him recently over all these cancellations. I think he is treating fans with contempt frankly.

huh

Another blue jag thread.

I bet Reelaround tipped bj to use invisible mode which shows their state of mind.

*puts this on thread ignore* :cool:

Last edited:

Don't be so bloody stupid. What would you rather happen? Turn up for the gig and get a way-below-par performance, or know that it's not going to happen and get a better performance later on?

Peter

What on earth has this got to do with issuing a public apology? A lot of fans are SERIOUSLY out of pocket due to all these cancellations, an apology from Morrissey would be the decent thing to do.

Morrissey should at least have the courtesy to say sorry for disappointing people

Re: huh

Another blue jag thread.

Ah yes We are all really bothered by that Im sure. Have you apologised to 50andill yet? Seems he was trying to do everyone a favour on here but you had to jump on his post and label it suspicious didnt you? Very admirable of you.

Bollocks. Think about what you are saying. Yes, fans have flown in from all over the world, and many have been disappointed. But how would you have arranged the sequence of events? Told all the train drivers and pilots to turn around? Put yourself in Moz's shoes. Your vocal cords are playing up, and you can't give a performance you think your fans deserve. How would you have phoned up all the hotels, contacted the travel companies? Shit happens, get on with it.

Peter

P.S I'm off to bed.

No, I don't think he should. Saying sorry indicates he's done something wrong which, if he genuinely is ill, he hasn't.

*nods*

Bollocks. Think about what you are saying. Yes, fans have flown in from all over the world, and many have been disappointed. But how would you have arranged the sequence of events? Told all the train drivers and pilots to turn around? Put yourself in Moz's shoes. Your vocal cords are playing up, and you can't give a performance you think your fans deserve. How would you have phoned up all the hotels, contacted the travel companies? Shit happens, get on with it.

Peter

P.S I'm off to bed.

:bow:

I totally agree with you, Peter.

Very sad to see some people who were affected by earlier cancellations posting unfavourable comments in mainpage. :(

Peter

P.S I'm off to bed.

This ranting of yours is just TOTALLY missing the point. The thread is about MORRISSEY APOLOGISING TO FANS.Not about turning buses and trains round!
Apologising to the people who put your food on the table is just common manners in my opinion.It wouldn't hurt him to do it.

Peter

P.S I'm off to bed.

Why are you deliberately evading the point?
It doesn't stop him putting up a personal word of apology on truetoyou.net. I bought my best friend the troxy ticket for her birthday, which was last September. She's not gonna get to see him until october- that's a year later!
Just a thanks for our patience might be nice.
And I don't agree with all the hate directed to Mozzy on here; if he's ill, he's ill. Just be nice to know he cares.

I don't require it, but it would be awfully decent of him to post on solo or true-to-you acknowledging that it's been a rough tour and that he's sorry it happened that way but it couldn't be helped. It would make me smile in my heart.

Still, I'm not upset with him for not doing so. He's a mysterious fella.

NO!

:straightface:

Well firstly, I would disagree with the view that the cancellations are 'ridiculous'. It's becoming apparent that Morrissey is ill (nodules?) and things aren't really improving. It seems like every gig he plays is one step forward, then two steps back. It would be 'ridiculous' to go out on stage nigh after night, rasp out a few tunes, leaving the audience unhappy and risking greater illness. To 'apologise', as such, would kind of imply that it's his own fault. And it's not - if you're sick, you're sick.
However, yeah absolutely, even a sentence or two on true-to-you would be nice and it would mean alot to plenty of people. But then again, sorry doesn't help. :blushing: Or does it?

Yeah, just a mere sentence as Poppy Full says... this would mean so much to so many people. It wouldn't hurt for him to do so.

Re: huh

Another blue jag thread.

I bet Reelaround tipped bj to use invisible mode which shows their state of mind.

Why do you have invisible mode if it can't be used? Just because you don't like someone doesn't call for speculation into their state of mind.

Uncle Skinny's comments are not really called for either. Morrissey could easily acknowledge his fans efforts. I'm not saying he should haul a cross through the town square.

Tags
dont f with op get ban here spinelesswhines sycophants
Back
Top Bottom