Should Morrissey eat meat?

Theo

Morrissey's still a pretty young man, yet he's collapsing on stage and is being ordered to rest by doctors. Do you think he would've collapsed if he had had a thick steak before the show instead of just vegetables?

I don't know anyone his age who collapses like this and it's not a serious ailment (word is that it's not a serious ailment in his case). Is this a common problem for vegetarians? Do vegetarians feel weak, faint, dizzy, and collapse a lot?

As to the weakness and fainting, that could be caused by an iron deficiency, but vegetarians can get round that by choosing their food properly and/or taking supplements if needed. However, I can't think how his diet would affect it in this case unless he has an allergy, as the collapse was apparently due to "breathing difficulties".

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been a vegetarian for 20 year, I have not had a day of work sick in that time whereas my collegues................

I have never felt faint, what a stupid suggestion. HIs health may be linked to the anti depressants he may be taking (side effect)
Johnny Marr= vegan, he tours
Paul McCartney = vegetarian, he tours
Carl Lewis= vegan http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=744765316519516434#
alt more here
http://www.happycow.net/famous_vegetarians.html

See, the thing is, Morrissey has, in the past, held up his good health and so forth as proof he is vindicated about vegetarianism. If things go the other way for him, would that vindicate the propagandists on the other side?

Same goes for you. You claim you're immune to sickness ever since you went veggie, whereas your meat-eating colleagues are sick a lot. You'd better stay healthy then, or your argument comes crumbling down!

Last edited:
No. The idea here that Morrissey is somehow ill because he doesn't eat meat is funny but it's not true. There are many vegetarians and many people who eat meat far less frequently than is considered normal by most of us.

See, the thing is, Morrissey has, in the past, held up his good health and so forth as proof he is vindicated about vegetarianism. If things go the other way for him, would that vindicate the propagandists on the other side?

Same goes for you. You claim you're immune to sickness ever since you went veggie, whereas your meat-eating colleagues are sick a lot. You'd better stay healthy then, or your argument comes crumbling down!

Don't worry, I'll stay healther than the people I work with, where I work (high school) you wouldn't believe the amount of sick leave the staff have and it's the same staff you put down the vegetarian diet. :eek:
they can't see the irony. I'm only smug about it as they are so arrogant.

This woman that works at the library snacks on bologna that has been sitting in her warm car. It's disgusting. It's really at the level of a maggot to eat warm boogna.

Last edited by a moderator:
What garbage.I'm the healthiest person i know.You just have to make sure you get the right nutrition.Anyone who suggest Moz needs meat should be forced to eat my lentil casserole.(even i admit it's grim:lbf:)

Morrissey's still a pretty young man, yet he's collapsing on stage and is being ordered to rest by doctors. Do you think he would've collapsed if he had had a thick steak before the show instead of just vegetables?

I don't know anyone his age who collapses like this and it's not a serious ailment (word is that it's not a serious ailment in his case). Is this a common problem for vegetarians? Do vegetarians feel weak, faint, dizzy, and collapse a lot?

Have you seen Joan Jett or Chrissie Hynde lately?

These ladies are both in their 50s, both still touring, and they both look and sound FANTASTIC.

What's their secret?

They're both vegan.

:guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

are you f***ing kidding me? get a brain. yeah...it's only vegetarians who have health problems. people are f***ing morons.

If a vegetarian/vegan takes the right nutritional supplements then there is nothing to worry about, and I'm sure Moz is taking care of it.
Just like meat eaters can get ill completely independent of the diet, vegetarians can get ill completely independent of the diet.
Also every person's body is different, some people are prone headaches, some are prone to stomachache, etc etc etc, and some are prone to faint. And maybe Moz is one of them who are prone to faint (as it happened before), no matter if he's a vegetarian or not.

Last edited:

he'd probably be better if he ate something besides pasta :rolleyes:

as for eating a steak, no. are you an idiot? could you even begin to believe that would happen?

no, i've never felt weak, fainted, or dizzy. nor have I collapsed.

Guys, I'm almost certain Theo is just having a laugh. It's in the pigsty, you know.

No. He needs a hula hoop and some supplements.

Like someone already said, Paul McCartney still tours and he never has any problems. He is 17 years older than Morrissey but appears to have more energy and stamina than Moz. I don't know how he does it.

I'm a vegetarian and I get dizzy spells sometimes and feeling weak and fainty. I've never collapsed though. My doctor did tell me I was anemic and even though I get plenty of iron in my diet I still get these same problems.

Everyone is different, some people can live on vegetarian diet with no problems, other people....are not so lucky and have to take multivitimins, etc.

Tags
a meaty issue filet mignon goawaytheo maggot brain mcdonald's prime rib sirloin steak or die stfu theo t-bone
Back
Top Bottom