Should Morrissey ditch The First of the Gang to Die from setlist?

Should Morrissey ditch TFOTGTD from the setlist?

• Total voters

Kewpie

Subscriber
The First of the Gang to Die is statistically the most played song in Morrissey's live history.

Hop Farm Festival appearance has been officially confirmed, should he stop singing the song in his forthcoming live dates?

Awww, thank you very much David for correcting the typo of poll title. :)

Last edited:
Yes!!! I hate that song to bits, he's been playing it far too often! Replace it with the ever going "Jack The Ripper"....also stop playing "This Charming Man"....play it right or not at all! Bloody Morrissey solo band!
Also Morrissey "At Amber" is quite a good song...it should be played live more often ;)

If I hear "Hector was the first of..." one more time, I shall boo!

Edit: Kewpie is tired :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually I changed my mind. Indifferent. So many great songs and so little time.

For Gods sake....It should have have been a Yes or No answer in this pathetic poll! Now everyone will bloody go for indifferent!
You know the poll is there for YOURSELF to decide what YOU'D want, not Morrissey! Bloody hell!!!

Of cause he'll play the damn song...it's the only one (of the very few) highest ever charting songs he's had in the crappy chart in the last 10 years! We all KNOW he'll play it out of the 100+ songs he's got! It doesn't mean that all of us like the song though, Morrissey!

For Gods sake....It should have have been a Yes or No answer in this pathetic poll! Now everyone will bloody go for indifferent!
You know the poll is there for YOURSELF to decide what YOU'D want, not Morrissey! Bloody hell!!!

Of cause he'll play the damn song...it's the only one (of the very few) highest ever charting songs he's had in the crappy chart in the last 10 years! We all KNOW he'll play it out of the 100+ songs he's got! It doesn't mean that all of us like the song though, Morrissey!

CHILL-BRO.jpg

I was thinking this last night. I think he should give it a rest, great song but it's a bit tired and it also reminds me of sing along v fest beer boys, probably my m loves to play it so much as he does.

Include..."Striptease With A Difference".....
or maybe he could just play..The First of the Gang....18 times just to really piss you off.

if it were a choice between FOTGTD and HSIN, id say throw HSIN overboard, completely overplayed, annoying and way too long, you could get two songs in that space.
but yes id be happy to see FOTGTD replaced too.

also stop playing "This Charming Man"....play it right or not at all!

If we get to vote I'll say not at all. He shouldn't play any Smiths songs because no one is happy with them. I like First of the Gang to Die though, but I think I'd throw it in a medley. Morrissey needs to do more medleys where he'd sing about a verse and a chorus of the hits, maybe like a 12 or 15 minute thing going faster and higher pitched and then fireworks at the end. Then he could change shirts and come back and play some songs we haven't heard in a long time.

Beggars shouldn't be choosers.

No way! As someone who isn't fortunate enough to see Morrissey live on a regular or semi-regular basis (back when he was touring), I'd be very disappointed if he didn't play it. And I think I can safely say that that goes for the majority of the fans at any given concert. I know that when I saw Morrissey at the Camden Roundhouse with some casual Morrissey fans a couple of years back, the FOTGTD performance he did for the encore was the highlight for them.

No way! As someone who isn't fortunate enough to see Morrissey live on a regular or semi-regular basis (back when he was touring), I'd be very disappointed if he didn't play it. And I think I can safely say that that goes for the majority of the fans at any given concert. I know that when I saw Morrissey at the Camden Roundhouse with some casual Morrissey fans a couple of years back, the FOTGTD performance he did for the encore was the highlight for them.

they went mental in Leeds too.The crowd loved it.And so did I

It's a great song, but he seems to think he has to play it. No song should be compulsory and it would be nice to see a gig without it for once.

I think its a great encore song, on the refusal and swords tour it was great as it got every venue rocking and that was when virtually all the stage attempts were made. Also i enjoyed the changing of lyrics of the last verse a lot.

Maybe he could play two encores instead, first maybe say Speedway and then come back out again with FOTGTD

I think that it was his comeback song in America. More popular than Irish Blood, English Heart and the lyrics are probably more fun to sing than a lot of the other hits he might feel expected to do. I like the song and the only reason I'd swap it out is to hear something older like Spring-heeled Jim or Speedway, to name a sort of obscure song and a favorite.

Mixing up the set was always a good idea. I don't think his show is that elaborate that he couldn't play different setlists.

I said yes in the poll but in all honesty there are a lot of other songs from the past 2 tours i'd like to see dropped before FOTGTD.

If we get to vote I'll say not at all. He shouldn't play any Smiths songs because no one is happy with them.

Too right!! But it's already done and Morrissey's been playing Smiths songs for over 10 years of his solo live concerts...But yeah, I think he should stop tbh!

Well, if he's doing this "Very best of Morrissey" thing then maybe even "Girl Least Likely To" will even appear in this setlist...I shall be ready for that! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom