Should I go and see Moz?

Alright, i dont like starting these 'personal' threads that is hard to involve many people. But I have no actually Morrissey friends, so you guys are the only people i can ask for advice.
I'm 17 and live in England. I really want to see Morrissey in the US. I have been thinking about going to the Philadelphia or NYC venue. It sounds easy and nice enough, but i would be going on my own... This means i am a bit sceptical of whether i will enjoy it or not. I would just stay the one night, then fly back the next day. I have never seen him live before, and i am worried that there might not be many more opportunities :( Should i go and see Morrissey???

Well, if you can afford to, do it. If it means that much to you that you're considering it, I think you should.

Just be really sure to check out visa requirements and everything. I'm not sure if you can travel alone like that with the new security policies, since you're under 18. Anyone under 18 is a minor in the US and there could be some issues with that. It does get ridiculous- my 3 year old son is on the national security watch list.

Well, if you can afford to, do it. If it means that much to you that you're considering it, I think you should.

Just be really sure to check out visa requirements and everything. I'm not sure if you can travel alone like that with the new security policies, since you're under 18. Anyone under 18 is a minor in the US and there could be some issues with that. It does get ridiculous- my 3 year old son is on the national security watch list.

awww i forgot about the visa stuff and that in the US you are a minor if you are under 18! argg! i'm going to have to do some serious reseraching, or.... *sigh* take my mum with me (haha!)

You dont need a visa to vist USA for a holiday less than 90 days (unless George Double U Bush has shortended it) but your passport has to have an electronic bar code on it to get in.
I thought you were a minor until the age of 21 in the States as that is the age you can enter a pub and buy a beer :D

I'm sure you can travel on your own at the age of 17. Under 16 is different, but not 17 - though happy to be corrected.

I'm going to Boston and Northampton (26th / 27th June) flying from Liverpool. You can travel with me if you wish, I'm meeting up with friends when I get to Boston - but you will have to stay outside the bar when we get the beers in :D

Jukebox Jury

You dont need a visa to vist USA for a holiday less than 90 days (unless George Double U Bush has shortended it) but your passport has to have an electronic bar code on it to get in.
I thought you were a minor until the age of 21 in the States as that is the age you can enter a pub and buy a beer :D

I'm sure you can travel on your own at the age of 17. Under 16 is different, but not 17 - though happy to be corrected.

I'm going to Boston and Northampton (26th / 27th June) flying from Liverpool. You can travel with me if you wish, I'm meeting up with friends when I get to Boston - but you will have to stay outside the bar when we get the beers in :D

Jukebox Jury

Ahh i was thinking of going to the Boston gig! It would actually be nice to go with someone... But anyways, cheers for the advice my fellow city fan ;)

21 is just to drink. 18 is good for smoking, getting married, voting, dying for your country, and in general adultness. 19 will get you into some bars in some locations, but won't put a glass in your hand. 16 is just driving.

Go for it- bring your mom! It would be fun. Or, if you want to pay my way, I'll pretend to be your mom if it means seeing Moz again. And the MSG show is on my birthday.

But anyways, cheers for the advice my fellow city fan ;)

No problem at all.
Just remember, always spell City with a capital 'C'.
Do you know there is a Cheltenham and Gloucester branch of the City supporters club? I know the bloke that runs it, Pat. A right piss head. (thats a compliment! :D)

Jukebox Jury

you may be able to come here on your own at 17...you should check it out. Not sure though. i know i traveled by plane within the states under 18 but above 16.

if you do come, buy good tickets...or get up front for GA venues. that way who cares if you are by yourself since up front you will be entertained with handshakes from morrissey. I've gone by myself before and the people around me were always very nice and talkative.

For MSG tickets GA/FLOOR...try stubhub.com. there are many ga seats and i am personally waiting for prices to come down. though already they are not outrageously priced.

for Philadelphia it looks like it will be harder. stubhub doesn't have that many PIT seats and they are expensive. you may want to get Section A up front and try to get as close as possible. hopefully venue security in the aisles isn't too harsh. Ticket master will probably release good seats, perhaps even pit, days before the show, and the morning of the show. it never fails, you can almost always buy front ten row seats the morning of a show and sometime within the 48 hours before then.

the fact that there aren't that many pit seats on stubhub tells me there may be more PIT seats to be released on TM. that goes for everyone who wants to go, start checking back the few days before the show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom