Should I contact PETA?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4260
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 4260

Am I over reacting?
I went to the Ocean County Fair in NJ tonight (and no I didn't stand by the big wheel generator..LOL) and was appalled by the pony rides.

It's one thing to have a guy walk a pony or 2 around a circle with a kid on it's back, but they had 6 ponys, at each stand, chained to a wheel. I got the image of slaves chained up to machinery in the 18th century or something.
So if one snot nosed kid with an ignorant obviously parent wanted a ride, ALL the ponys had to walk in a circle.
I went over and pet each one without asking just to show them some love.
None of them responded, kinda like they were all broken.
It makes me cry..You could tell some did not want to walk around in that circle anymore. They wanted to eat the grass, but like I said, they are chained to a wheel so the entire wheel must move.

I am considering emailing PETA, but they I thought..ok then what?
Say they investigate and shut them down? Who's going to take care of these ponys? I can't and most can't. Say these people are taking good care of the ponys. Who am I to call PETA on them just because I'm sensitive about animals.

I eat animals, yes, but I don't like to see abuse.

Monique

Am I over reacting?
I went to the Ocean County Fair in NJ tonight (and no I didn't stand by the big wheel generator..LOL) and was appalled by the pony rides.

It's one thing to have a guy walk a pony or 2 around a circle with a kid on it's back, but they had 6 ponys, at each stand, chained to a wheel. I got the image of slaves chained up to machinery in the 18th century or something.
So if one snot nosed kid with an ignorant obviously parent wanted a ride, ALL the ponys had to walk in a circle.
I went over and pet each one without asking just to show them some love.
None of them responded, kinda like they were all broken.
It makes me cry..You could tell some did not want to walk around in that circle anymore. They wanted to eat the grass, but like I said, they are chained to a wheel so the entire wheel must move.

I am considering emailing PETA, but they I thought..ok then what?
Say they investigate and shut them down? Who's going to take care of these ponys? I can't and most can't. Say these people are taking good care of the ponys. Who am I to call PETA on them just because I'm sensitive about animals.

I eat animals, yes, but I don't like to see abuse.

Monique

I think all Pony rides work that way....

I don't think it's abuse...they don't work them constantly...

Next people will be saying we should ride horses at all.. (Not you, per say)...but you know how far things can be taken

I think all Pony rides work that way....

I don't think it's abuse...they don't work them constantly...

Next people will be saying we should ride horses at all.. (Not you, per say)...but you know how far things can be taken

That's true. I thought about that. My brain even took it there and I ignored it!!!
I remember pony rides when I was little and it was a guy that walked the pony when I was on it. I guess I'm not used to pony rides on a mass scale.

I love animals so I don't eat them but I do not like PETA at all, it's nothing more than a huge burocrasy. Moz needs to wake up and realize that PETA is just using him.

I love animals so I don't eat them but I do not like PETA at all, it's nothing more than a huge burocrasy. Moz needs to wake up and realize that PETA is just using him.

Are there any other organizations for the safety on animals besides PETA or did they monopolize the whole thing?

Monique

Back
Top Bottom