Short person trying to make it to the front of the stage...

anna_magnani

Here's my story...

I have been to three morrissey shows but have never tried to make it to the front of the stage. I have no problem doing this at other shows, and people are usually pretty cool about me moving ahead of them because I'm pretty small and I do not cover their view at all. However, I feel that Moz fans are a completely different breed...from what I have read, they are pretty vicious when it comes to guarding their territory (everyone is trying to shake his hand). I really wanted to buy the special 5-day NYC package so that I could have a good shot at being in the front...but that didn't happen. What do you think...should I go ahead and buy the floor tickets and see what happens?

Thanks for reading...

Why not get there first thing and wait up front?

I don't like the idea really of anyone, short or not, going past people...or me, I guess is what I mean.

Get there early.

Why not get there first thing and wait up front?

I don't like the idea really of anyone, short or not, going past people...or me, I guess is what I mean.

Get there early.

Yeah... Its not a Morrissey thing... its a "I was there first thing" although as I have said before...

To me the concert is just as good 50 feet away as 5 considering I really do not feel like having everyone crawl and shove all over and around me. With that said... Once I find a place where I can have some of my own personal space. I am not appreciative is someone tries taking my space from me. Jesus... I hope that means I am not getting old.

Don't fight your way to the front - you won't make it, and violence will ensue. I'm just a little thing myself, and a lifetime of concert attendence has taught me a few things - get there early and get yourself a strong friend who is willing to give you a boost at a critical moment. There's no shame in a pair of strong arms to help you rise a few inches above the crowd. I've always gone to shows with my husband, who picks me up and helps me see through the gaps.

By all means, get floor tix and take your chances. Buzzetta is right, Morrissey is a delight from five or fifty feet away. We are lucky to be able to see him at all.

The view from the balcony at Hammerstein is really very good - one of the best shows I've ever seen was from the front row of the balcony there - I looked down on the writhing bodies below, and thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

That said, I'm dying for another chance to soak in that Morrissey Avignon... ;)

I'm scared to death, a literal phobia, of midgets, and, naturally, one got behind me at the Jacksonville (general admission) show. Little garden gnome thing tapped me and asked if it could get up front.

At first, a reeled from shock: this thing was speaking. It was just like the movie Child's Play. Then it processed through my noodle that it was asking me to give up my coveted spot at the rail (which I camped out for all day) to make room for it. [I have no idea what gender it was.]

"The fook you say?"

"Blah, blah, blah, can't see... small..."

"Yeah, you can fack off down there, and die while you're at it."

So Morrissey healed me of my phobia. I confronted a midget / little person and didn't run.

The moral of this story is, if you need sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary. It's between 'shit' and 'syphilis'. Get your wee ass to the theatre. When they open the doors, run as fast as your wee legs will allow. If you make it to the rail, hold on tight, and don't jump for the shirt. You will be tossed aside like a dirty dishrag.

I'm scared to death, a literal phobia, of midgets, and, naturally, one got behind me at the Jacksonville (general admission) show. Little garden gnome thing tapped me and asked if it could get up front.

At first, a reeled from shock: this thing was speaking. It was just like the movie Child's Play. Then it processed through my noodle that it was asking me to give up my coveted spot at the rail (which I camped out for all day) to make room for it. [I have no idea what gender it was.]

"The fook you say?"

So Morrissey healed me of my phobia. I confronted a midget / little person and didn't run.

The moral of this story is, if you need sympathy, you can find it in the dictionary. It's between 'shit' and 'syphilis'. Get your wee ass to the theatre. When they open the doors, run as fast as your wee legs will allow. If you make it to the rail, hold on tight, and don't jump for the shirt. You will be tossed aside like a dirty dishrag.

HAHAHA :D

Unfortunately, I don't think people who have been queuing all day will give special dispensation to someone just because they're shorter...... your best bet is to try to get there early/get the season tix OR travel to another city, where the ticket sales are baaaaad... you're more likely to get a good spot at a smaller venue/city than in NY or any other big cities where so many hardcore Moz fans would be at the front - I mean that in the nicest possible way!

I have found that a nice polite "excuse me" has worked wonders!

The last three times I've seen him,I've arrived about 15 minutes before he come on stage and got to the front two rows ,no problem at all.

"The fook you say?"

BAD BAD attitude you have there :mad:

My friend who is only 5" went Truro gig last year told me that she started quequing from 6am and managed to get a spot in the front.
However, a nasty 6" man who was trying to get her spot kept pushing her all through the gig.

Unfortunately some people come to the gigs aren't very nice.

She'll be seeing the gigs in LA, hopefully she'll be OK with some nice people.

BAD BAD attitude you have there :mad:

And?

It's not mean if it's true.

I was scared of midgets, but forced to confront one in the most extreme circumstances I can imagine, well, I did. If I stepped on its little feelings, oh well. If it had been waiting in line with the rest of us all day, I'd have probably felt differently. Que sera sera.

I do have a bad attitude. I love it and nurture it. So?

I have found that a nice polite "excuse me" has worked wonders!

The last three times I've seen him,I've arrived about 15 minutes before he come on stage and got to the front two rows ,no problem at all.

it must be nice to sail through life without having to work for anything ;)

i waited in line for 4 hours for the Embarcadero SD show, getting a decent spot about 3 rows back, only to be scooted back another 4 rows by people with "polite excuse me's"

the thing about "excuse me's" is that people think just by saying it they automatically get what they want. if you say "no, f*** off to the back" they give you a dirty look and squeeze in front of you anyways.

the moral of the story is: get there early if you want a good spot. if you smoosh your way in front of people, expect to get socked in the back of the head, have your wallet swiped and what ever else disgruntled concert goers can dish out

i don't mean to sound like a bully, but think about it; where else would you just cut in front of people? i'd love to try that at the DMV.

it must be nice to sail through life without having to work for anything ;)

i waited in line for 4 hours for the Embarcadero SD show, getting a decent spot about 3 rows back, only to be scooted back another 4 rows by people with "polite excuse me's"

the thing about "excuse me's" is that people think just by saying it they automatically get what they want. if you say "no, f*** off to the back" they give you a dirty look and squeeze in front of you anyways.

If someone did object me to going past them,of course, i would never just barge past them.When i say"excuse me" I do really meant it as a question i.e. :"Is it ok if i get past you?"

Honestly,the last three times i have seen Morrissey there are have been gaps well wide enough to go through.
Those are the times I've asked to pass through.

Also, I always try never to hinder someone's sight behind me, moving,if I can,when someone shorter than me is beihnd me.

To call someone " a thing " IS mean and cruel

OK, fine, you win. I am mean and cruel.

I'll blame it on my vegetarianism. My sadistic streak needs an outlet, and Oompa Loompas freaked me out as a child. (And now people wear fake tanners to achieve that skin tone. Amazing.)

I'm afraid of midgets, outtie belly buttons, and the dentist. I also refer to the dentist as "a thing" and "it". However, since I'm paying it a lot of money, it doesn't complain. That brings me to my point... if I had just given the midget what it wanted, there would be no story to tell, and it wouldn't have learned a very valuable lesson (i.e. go fack yourself, I waited since the buttcrack of dawn). Thus, I wouldn't be able to pass that lesson on to you, and that would be a pity.

To the short person who started this thread... show up early, and run. To any "little people" or midgets or dwarves (or hobbits) I'm truly sorry to offend you, but I'm effin' terrified of you. If it makes you feel any better, just send a polite note to me, and I'll hit on a straight guy so I can share in the hatred and ostracism. (If I get lucky, I'll try not to enjoy it.)

The end.

I'm afraid of outtie belly buttons also. If you touch it too much, do you think it might unravel and spill their guts out all over the place? Innie's the way man, innie's the way.

"The fook you say?"

RACK HIM!!!

That's the funniest shit i've read in a while.

Yeah to you short people, get there early!

ITS NOT DUDES FAULT FOR BEING TALLER THAN YOU so don't get mad when tall guy doesn't want to move. Short people look for tall people in the crowd just to ask to be in front of them. And it is a personal space thing. Tall or short, nobody likes to touch strangers - Morrissey fan or not.

So i'm with Adam on this one: don't come here for sympathy. If you cut in front of tall guy, expect a dick slap on the back of your neck.

OUT

Back
Top Bottom