Short hair on gals

pandora_cocteau

OK. so...I have been growing my hair for a while. And now I am considering getting a haircut a la Jean Seberg in Breathless style. I don't know...how do you guys feel about short hair? Is it too "butch"? I don't want to look like a 50 year old lady (it seems that most people wearing short hair now are within that age range, at least where I live).
Anyway, throw some opinions this way..I shall listen.

cut it sister. ive been struggling with the same thing for two weeks now! you have yoof on your side!

OK. so...I have been growing my hair for a while. And now I am considering getting a haircut a la Jean Seberg in Breathless style. I don't know...how do you guys feel about short hair? Is it too "butch"? I don't want to look like a 50 year old lady (it seems that most people wearing short hair now are within that age range, at least where I live).
Anyway, throw some opinions this way..I shall listen.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE........DON'T cut your hair!!!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of long hair on gals, if I was a girl I would have Coulter lenght and style hair.

DON'T cut it short..... Dont' do that to yourself and to me, your beloved future So-Low husband.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE........DON'T cut your hair!!!!!

I'm a HUGE fan of long hair on gals, if I was a girl I would have Coulter lenght and style hair.

DON'T cut it short..... Dont' do that to yourself and to me, your beloved future So-Low husband.

it will please you though that i am going bloooonnnddddeee! yeah, I am a bit bored of the black. i want a complete change of what i've had throughout highschool.
i won't go extremely short, maybe what they call a medium cut. i still don't know..
lol 'coulter cut' is the most requested hairstyle in salons all across the bible belt.

When my wife told me she wanted to cut her hair short...I gave her a good slap. She has long hair still. That's food for thought.

If you have the right sort of face shape, you can pull off short hair without looking like you're about to go play softball and put on some flannel. I myself had a Alyssa Milano-esque cut at one point in life, little bitty bangs and all, and it made my face look fat. Mia Farrow was beautiful when she had her short Rosemary's cut. So it really depends on how you look and your attitude, like how you carry yourself. Of course, pandora, I am sure you carry yourself just fine. :) Just be sure it's definetly what you want to do before you do it; I hate it when people cut it short and cry because they miss it. It's depressing. :(

it will please you though that i am going bloooonnnddddeee! yeah, I am a bit bored of the black. i want a complete change of what i've had throughout highschool.
i won't go extremely short, maybe what they call a medium cut. i still don't know..
lol 'coulter cut' is the most requested hairstyle in salons all across the bible belt.

YAY!!!!

Me like blondes..... like them lots :p

deanesmay-230px-Coulter-Silver-dress.jpeg
bio_pic.jpg

Last edited:
If you have the right sort of face shape, you can pull off short hair without looking like you're about to go play softball and put on some flannel. I myself had a Alyssa Milano-esque cut at one point in life, little bitty bangs and all, and it made my face look fat. Mia Farrow was beautiful when she had her short Rosemary's cut. So it really depends on how you look and your attitude, like how you carry yourself. Of course, pandora, I am sure you carry yourself just fine. :) Just be sure it's definetly what you want to do before you do it; I hate it when people cut it short and cry because they miss it. It's depressing. :(

i used to have really short hair back when i was heavier (about 4 years ago, bad chapter in my life marked by one too many snickers bars every now then and again!) and..being chubby and having short hair do not go well together. now that i am reasonably fit, i think short hair would look cool..i don't know if im thinking as short as mia farrow's..but i will have to cut off a significant length in order to get rid of the black that i've dyed my light brown hair with, in order to go blonde!
you're right, it's all about how one carries herself!!!!!

I like short on women, but it depends on the the person. As cassy said it the style of cut and how you carry it that matters.

jeansebergweb.jpg

29twiggy-1.jpg

I had fairly short hair for a while, i really liked it. My best friend currently has really, really short black hair and it looks gorgeous on her. I advise going to a good hairdresser and asking them for their opinion.

I like girls with short hair,
and tmyem, that picture of twiggy has insprired me to go find my eyeliner...:p

jeansebergweb.jpg

I had my hair cut in precisely that Jean Seberg style in January. I brought that picture and a couple of others from the same film to the salon and asked my hairdresser for an honest opinion on whether it would suit me.

I loved the end result and it was the easiest haircut ever, literally wash and wear.

jeansebergweb.jpg

I had my hair cut in precisely that Jean Seberg style in January. I brought that picture and a couple of others from the same film to the salon and asked my hairdresser for an honest opinion on whether it would suit me.

I loved the end result and it was the easiest haircut ever, literally wash and wear.

I'm bias as i have always adored 60s fashions....what colour is your hair?

Mine is a dark blonde, pretty much the same colour as hers in the pic.
yeah, short hair on women with blond or mousey coloured hair seems to work really well.
for black/brown hair, it would be a bob cut.

Back
Top Bottom