Short Boz interview - by Kevomozzi (Facebook)

Goody Two Shoes is a great pop single.

This takes me back to 1991. Back when people cared about the band. Now-a-days people don't even talk to them. But it was more of a gang back then and the band was fully English. Now the parts are replaceable.

The problem was a two-way street back then: hardly any journos asked about them and Morrissey rarely spoke of them (at least in specifics). He rarely singled out his collaborators - unlike the latter day where, e.g., he brought Jesse on camera for the Les Inrockuptibles interview and spoke specifically of him and his contributions.

The togetherness - or seemingness of - has ebbed and flowed throughout the years, as players have come and gone and the line-up has temporarily solidified from time to time. But the "replaceableness" seems more amplified with the parade of drummers over the last few years.

The problem was a two-way street back then: hardly any journos asked about them and Morrissey rarely spoke of them (at least in specifics). He rarely singled out his collaborators - unlike the latter day where, e.g., he brought Jesse on camera for the Les Inrockuptibles interview and spoke specifically of him and his contributions.

The togetherness - or seemingness of - has ebbed and flowed throughout the years, as players have come and gone and the line-up has temporarily solidified from time to time. But the "replaceableness" seems more amplified with the parade of drummers over the last few years.

That's because Drummers are very easily replaced.

Totally agree with this point and thank you for putting it in such a nondestructive manner.
It would be easy to just do the usual Boz is awful...etc post I see elsewhere, but I think comparing band members abilities is just a redundant concept. Boz has written some great tunes and deserves credit for it.
Moz always introduced them all with great aplomb, but agree only a few were allowed to venture forth from the stage.
I know Moz made a joke of it, but I always thought him telling Alain he couldn't speak on stage (several times live) and joking about a fine if he did had something more to it.
When people chanted 'Deano' at the Royal Albert Hall gigs, Moz raised an eyebrow too!
The Polecats are booked in March 2014 for a rockabilly all day event in Birmingham, UK and as with this year, Boz may well turn up - will be interesting to see how that effects or reflects on what Moz is up to then.
Kind regards,
FWD

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom