"Shoplifters Of The World" movie released (March 26, 2021)

"Shoplifters Of The World" is released today in theaters and on-demand

1987. Denver, Co. One crazy night in the life of four friends reeling from the sudden demise of iconic British band The Smiths, while the local airwaves are hijacked at gunpoint by an impassioned Smiths fan.

full

New reviews/media:
'shoplifters movie' tag - Previous reviews/media

Related items:

Yep. I was just getting ready to watch this film, but forget it now. :swear

I actually meant what I said. Careless mistakes like this upset me greatly and can easily ruin any film for me.

(Yes, it's lots of fun to watch films with me...

Not :lbf:)

I just finished it. It had its moments.

I'm not quite sure why this was made and what audience it was made for though.

It's mostly harmless.

That Sheila girl was very cute.

Another continuity issue was the record playing Meat Is Murder in the middle of the album. It's the last track on the album. It could not have been playing that song.
Let's not even get into the fact that the protagonist somehow owns a This Charming Man 12" with the John Peel version on it. UM, HELLO!?

I can't be bothered to re-watch it, but IIRC there was a lyric from a Quarry song mentioned too maybe?
Getting song titles wrong in the credits - especially if made by 'fans' is a tiny bit annoying too.
FWD.

I can't be bothered to re-watch it, but IIRC there was a lyric from a Quarry song mentioned too maybe?
Getting song titles wrong in the credits - especially if made by 'fans' is a tiny bit annoying too.
FWD.

I don't think I caught that one but there was a reference to "Morrissey Meltdown" in the DJ's banter.

Siouxsie and Robert Smith in the shower was pretty funny.

Mark Simpson is being called out.....as a fictionar of fiction! Thre real story posted in the forum some years ago.

Discussion with Steve Kijiak on the podcast Totally 80's. They talk about seeing the Smith's live, how the band helped Kijiak and one of the podcast host deal with their sexuality, etc.

I actually meant what I said. Careless mistakes like this upset me greatly and can easily ruin any film for me.

(Yes, it's lots of fun to watch films with me...

Not :lbf:)

Pedants of the World, Unite & Take Over ✊ :gun:

Hi all,

Does anybody when I can watch this in the Uk ?

Ta,

Nick.

its on sky movies premier channel tomorrow night,9.45.

Last edited:
Tags
shoplifters movie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom