Shed Seven cover Panic on current tour

Irregular Regular

Forget my fate.
Going to see Shed Seven at the York Barbican in a couple of weeks.
Killing some time on youtube this afternoon, I came across this clip from Edinburgh last week...

Nice little surprise, I know Rick and Paul are both massive fans so it makes perfect sense.

Looking forward to it even more now. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool

Rick was at the Barbican to watch Morrissey back in June. He was mobbed and mocked in equal measure...

Dave

Cool

Rick was at the Barbican to watch Morrissey back in June. He was mobbed and mocked in equal measure...

Dave

That is not surprising really, the Sheds are an 'acquired taste' I would say.
Rick is a really nice guy though, very down to earth and always has time to stop and have a chat.
Shed 7 have always been underrated in my opinion by the way, but then again, what do I know?

FUN FACT

I am from York.

SECOND FUN FACT

I may be from York but I f***ing hate Shed Seven.

FINAL FUN FACT

Credit where it's due, this is a nice rendition. Thank you for sharing. Any idea if they played it in Manchester last night? Two separate friends both offered me tickets for me the bloody gig but even for me I'm not getting on a bus for the Sheds.

I read an interview with Rick Witter where he explained the origin of the band's name. "We started off with eleven members, but we shed seven."

P.

Credit where it's due, this is a nice rendition. Thank you for sharing. Any idea if they played it in Manchester last night?

This one was uploaded yesterday afternoon, recorded at Manchester Academy on Fri 09/12/11.

I believe it is part of their set list for this tour.

... and this is Chasing Rainbows, how can you not like this song?

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the Manchester clip. Only a few in the crowd are bopping away until about 29 seconds when they realise what the song is and the place erupts.

I think I'll put my neck on the line and say that Manchester still loves The Smiths :)

Dave

mcr friday night was amazing! not been to gig with such atmosphere / singing crowd for a long time. the smiths cover was a pleasent suprise. everyone at the front went crazy! panic & chasing rainbows were the encore. another great shed 7 academy gig! last year the cover version was an instrumental version of the stone roses i am the resurrection!

I think I'll put my neck on the line and say that Manchester still loves The Smiths :)

Dave

I'll put my neck on the line too then... :)
...and say that Manchester still loves United. :D
At the Courteeners gig on Friday night at the Apollo there was a lot of United chanting, a lot!
Nothing at all from City, nothing!

The city is yours
The city is yours
20,000 empty seats?
Are you effing sure?

mcr friday night was amazing! not been to gig with such atmosphere / singing crowd for a long time. the smiths cover was a pleasent suprise. everyone at the front went crazy! panic & chasing rainbows were the encore. another great shed 7 academy gig! last year the cover version was an instrumental version of the stone roses i am the resurrection!

They always put on a good show, always.
Especially in their home town, really looking forward to the gig at The Barbican now.
It's going to be a great night!

I'll put my neck on the line too then... :)
...and say that Manchester still loves United. :D
At the Courteeners gig on Friday night at the Apollo there was a lot of United chanting, a lot!
Nothing at all from City, nothing!

The city is yours
The city is yours
20,000 empty seats?
Are you effing sure?

Hold on... aren't the Courteeners a band made up of reds? No surprise that their red fans at a gig feel brave enough to sing a song or two...

Go to an Oasis gig (or one of the Gallagher off shoots), or a Doves gig, or Badly Drawn Boy, or .... and you will find Mancs singing about the blues.

To be honest, I've no idea which gig I need to go to sing songs about Huddersfield Town :) Maybe I might have to go to a game instead of a gig.

There are just as many blue scarves as red ones around town at the moment - I know City are on a high at the moment, and probably will be for as long as the Saudi's continue to bank roll them, but from what I understand the red side are seriously worried about the dominance of city over the next ten years or so given the huge amounts of money going into the club, its facilities and its academy.

Dave

Hold on... aren't the Courteeners a band made up of reds? No surprise that their red fans at a gig feel brave enough to sing a song or two...

Go to an Oasis gig (or one of the Gallagher off shoots), or a Doves gig, or Badly Drawn Boy, or .... and you will find Mancs singing about the blues.

To be honest, I've no idea which gig I need to go to sing songs about Huddersfield Town :) Maybe I might have to go to a game instead of a gig.

There are just as many blue scarves as red ones around town at the moment - I know City are on a high at the moment, and probably will be for as long as the Saudi's continue to bank roll them, but from what I understand the red side are seriously worried about the dominance of city over the next ten years or so given the huge amounts of money going into the club, its facilities and its academy.

Dave

Reds fans are brave enough to sing United songs wherever we go, whether the band is made up of reds or not. :)
Form is temporary Dave and you just cannot buy history!
Just ask Roman...

Reds fans are brave enough to sing United songs wherever we go, whether the band is made up of reds or not. :)

I don't want to pick a fight - I couldn't give a toss about either team of over paid mercenaries - but I don't think I've ever been to a gig in Manchester where Utd fans have spontaneously sprung into song... maybe I'm going to the wrong gigs?

Just ask Roman...

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Dave

ps - I'm off out now, going to the Mcr Xmas markets, so I won't be around for banter if you want to respond.

I don't want to pick a fight - I couldn't give a toss about either team of over paid mercenaries - but I don't think I've ever been to a gig in Manchester where Utd fans have spontaneously sprung into song... maybe I'm going to the wrong gigs?

What have the Romans ever done for us?

Dave

ps - I'm off out now, going to the Mcr Xmas markets, so I won't be around for banter if you want to respond.

Definitely going to the wrong gigs then. :lbf:
Enjoy the Xmas markets!

oh cool a discussion about manchester city and manchester united in a thread about shed seven please do tell me more

Back
Top Bottom