"She Loves You" released 44 years ago today

August 23rd, 1963 on Parlophone. Backed with "I'll Get You," this is certainly one of the finest rock 'n' roll singles of all time, no matter what you think of The Beatles. Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Ps_shelovesyou.jpg

(Yes, I know that that's the American sleeve from a year later.)

Utterly fantastic. The Beatles are on par with the Smiths for me, if not greater.

Contrived, soulless, horrific scouse c***s. Bubblegum pop of the worst variety. I wish nothing but pain and suffering on McCartney and his family for the rest of their lives.

Goodnight and thankyou.

Contrived, soulless, horrific scouse c***s. Bubblegum pop of the worst variety. I wish nothing but pain and suffering on McCartney and his family for the rest of their lives.

Goodnight and thankyou.

You sad, sick creep. What a hideous thing to say.

You sad, sick creep. What a hideous thing to say.

I suppose it was ok when your hero Morrissey said the same thing about Joyce though?

f*** you. How do you know that Mr McCartney hasn't done something to me personally?

I suppose it was ok when your hero Morrissey said the same thing about Joyce though?

f*** you. How do you know that Mr McCartney hasn't done something to me personally?

1. Morrissey was being nastily sarcastic, and no I don't think it's right to say things like that about anyone.

2. Because your only apparent justification for that remark was he that he and the rest of the Beatles were "horrific scouse c***s" because you don't like their music.

I'm imagine it was presumed as you were attacking the music rather than man himself initally. If, say, McCartney punched me in the face, I'd be far more likely to verbally abuse him rather than his music.

And you do realise that without these "Contrived, soulless, horrific scouse c***s" and their "Bubblegum pop of the worst variety" we'd still all be listening to either Trad Jazz or Cliff Richard clones, right?

I'm imagine it was presumed as you were attacking the music rather than man himself initally. If, say, McCartney punched me in the face, I'd be far more likely to verbally abuse him rather than his music.

And you do realise that without these "Contrived, soulless, horrific scouse c***s" and their "Bubblegum pop of the worst variety" we'd still all be listening to either Trad Jazz or Cliff Richard clones, right?

As far as their music goes, She Loves You is the worst, and that is what I was describing. What came later in their careers is admirable, however, though I do think their influence is slightly overstated.

Though personally, I've no time for the ego that is McCartney. There is not a single drop of self deprecation or humility in the man.

Nothing will change the fact they are scouse c***s.

As far as their music goes, She Loves You is the worst, and that is what I was describing. What came later in their careers is admirable, however, though I do think their influence is slightly overstated.

Though personally, I've no time for the ego that is McCartney. There is not a single drop of self deprecation or humility in the man.

To be fair, if you were the most successull pop star the would has, and more than likely ever will, know.... you'd probably have quite the ego yourself. :D

And influence wise, the only reason they got a record deal was that George Martin wasn't part of the pop music 'clique' at the time. Guitar bands were dead, famously. And every big band that got signed after, the Stones, the Kinks etc, and the also rans such as the Dave Clark Five only got signed because of the Beatles success and record companies trying to cash in.

Goodnight and thankyou.

Firstly,you show complete ignorance of pop music then,far far worse, you go on to make an absolutely horrendous comment that you wish "pain and suffering" on fellow human beings and,yet,you call yourself a Morrissey fan.
I do realise that your "pain and suffering"comment is an attempt at mimicking some of Moz's more acidic statements but,really,hang your head in shame!
Please leave this forum.

IHow do you know that Mr McCartney hasn't done something to me personally?

We don't know.So,has he?
And in the unlikely event he has,why add your "curse"to the rest of his family.
Try and grow up.

Firstly,you show complete ignorance of pop music then,far far worse, you go on to make an absolutely horrendous comment that you wish "pain and suffering" on fellow human beings and,yet,you call yourself a Morrissey fan.
I do realise that your "pain and suffering"comment is an attempt at mimicking some of Moz's more acidic statements but,really,hang your head in shame!
Please leave this forum.

Yessir.

How is it ignorant to say that She Loves You is bubblegum pop of the worst variety? That's what it is. It's no better than anything Take That produced, imho. The lyrics could have been written by a seven year old.

And as far as wishing pain and suffering on fellow human beings, if that makes me a bad person, then I'll have to reconcile that with myself.

And as far as wishing pain and suffering on fellow human beings, if that makes me a bad person, then I'll have to reconcile that with myself.

Good luck with that one , I won't hold my breath

Just a realist.
Oh,and exactly why do you want to hurt Paul MC and his family?

He renegued on something he told a family member in the 1960's. I'm not going into more detail becuse he can afford more expensive lawyers than me.

Trust me though, Macca is not the loveable cheeky chappy scouser that he likes to portray.

He renegued on something he told a family member in the 1960's. I'm not going into more detail becuse he can afford more expensive lawyers than me.

Trust me though, Macca is not the loveable cheeky chappy scouser that he likes to portray.

That's a LONG time to hold a grudge.
I don't know or care what Macca is like as a person but am very grateful for his art.
But ,please don't wish suffering on him or his family

Last edited:
That's a LONG time to hold a grudge.
I don't know or care what Macca is like as a person but am very grateful for his art.
But ,please don't wish suffering on him or his family

Fair comment. My bitterness isn't one of my most likeable traits.

Back
Top Bottom