Share memories using the hashtag to appear on The Official Smiths site; new live track every Monday

#TheQueenIsDead

http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/

Each Monday until release of the upcoming deluxe reissue of The Queen Is Dead, The Smiths will be releasing a previously unreleased live single version of each track from the album.

Share your memories of each track using the relevant hashtags to appear on the site.

Posted by Famous when dead in the comments:

"Recorded live at the Irvine Meadows, Laguna Hills on 28th August, 1986. Live track does not feature on Deluxe Edition. Pre-order The Queen Is Dead (Deluxe):"
https://lnk.to/TQIDMP

The full 'video' just placed on YT:

40486_tqid_live.jpg

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

Make no mistake, I love The Smiths. So, the conjunction that comes next is deliberately not "but".....

....and I believe, (may it be many decades from now) that power is what people will remember about Morrissey when he's gone ....the way his lyrics spoke to so many of us who felt angry, or alienated, or unloveable. Surely the alchemy we hear on TQID and elsewhere was a product of the chemistry with Marr, the times, the North...but the turn of phrase, the nuance, the voice, the voice, the voice rings in the mind

Some listened to it at first cause they felt he was gloomy and depressed just like them. Then that changed and instead the songs became a celebration of life and its struggles. With time his message meant something else than it did at first.

I suspect us single kids enjoyed it and understood it more cause we had time to dig deep into it unlike people with brothers and sisters making fun of the silly man with the heart on his sleeve.

"Recorded live at the Irvine Meadows, Laguna Hills on 28th August, 1986. Live track does not feature on Deluxe Edition. Pre-order The Queen Is Dead (Deluxe):"
https://lnk.to/TQIDMP

The full 'video' just placed on YT:

Nice crisp sound.
Regards,
FWD.

Have to agree with your agreement. i was re-listening to some morrissey tracks from malajusted, you are the quarry and ringleaders of the tormentors... and it's all very inessential. a lot of it is just dirge-like and disposable. bad lyrics to bad muzak. no one will be listening to this crap is 20 years... but they will be listening to the Smiths still... and Viva Hate too I'd wager.

How can you mention the hashtag man????!!!!

How can I mention the hashtag???? I don't understand that!

Go to either of the sites in green, use the hashtag to denote your memories:

20170802_100515.png

The confusing bit: 'to appear on' - as 'memories' did show up initially.
Your memories were then meant to show at: http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/
Their site initially showed an aggregate stream of hashtag information as you scrolled down - which has since gone (saw it with my own eyes).
I guess they are vetting them now to be safe?
J'espère que cela pourra aider.
FWD.

Have to agree apart from Viva Hate. The Smiths were about great storytelling and Viva Hate is still that.

Then the man got blinded by the big lights.

For me the Smiths are up there with the Beatles.

For a while afterwards solo Morrissey was almost Lennon-like in his brilliance.

Then McCartney.

Then McCartney.

"When I get older, loosing my hair
Many years from now
Wil you still be sending me a Valentine?
Birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I had been out to quarter to three
Would you lock the door?
Will you still feed me, will you still need me?
When I'm sixtyfour.
Oo oo oo oo oo oo
You'll be older too oo oo oo.
Grandchildren on your knees
Vera, Chuck and Dave!"

Always wondered about that.
I have only two knees, sorry folks, one of you has to move.
Pick a straw! :)

Last edited:

Then McCartney.

Wish I could agree but I have always hates The Beatles. I am too young to ever appreciate them in any way, shape or form.

My brother was born in 1956 and he loved The Beatles which was weird since he was only into heavy metal and that but we were both blown away when we went to a Depeche Mode gig in Stockholm.

Go to either of the sites in green, use the hashtag to denote your memories:

View attachment 41957

The confusing bit: 'to appear on' - as 'memories' did show up initially.
Your memories were then meant to show at: http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/
Their site initially showed an aggregate stream of hashtag information as you scrolled down - which has since gone (saw it with my own eyes).
I guess they are vetting them now to be safe?
J'espère que cela pourra aider.
FWD.
Okay thanks, I'll try FWD!!!!!! Well, in fact I'm not a French and not a Vietnamese and Cambodian as well, LOL I don't speak French.

I am a bit confused by Spotify. Is there any way I can download this new live track, so when this website disappears in 6 months (or whenever) it isn't lost forever?

Okay thanks, I'll try FWD!!!!!! Well, in fact I'm not a French and not a Vietnamese and Cambodian as well, LOL I don't speak French.
The memories appear to be working again - scroll down here after selecting The Queen is Dead track:
http://www.officialsmiths.co.uk/tqid/#
Should look like this:
20170803_162923.png

Regards,
FWD
(ignore the French - I have no idea where that came from!).

I am a bit confused by Spotify. Is there any way I can download this new live track, so when this website disappears in 6 months (or whenever) it isn't lost forever?
I believe Spotify (app) allows you to download tracks, but not sure of the DRM or if you can keep it forever etc.
You are better off getting an mp3 from the YouTube version.
Or have this one and save the grief altogether:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ty1803
Regards,
FWD.

I bought it from googleplay for 99p, I presume it's on iTunes, Amazon music etc too to purchase

Its been available on iTunes since Monday, The Queen Is Dead (Live) single.

FYI this TQID is the same audio from that imfamous Thank Your Lucky Stars boot, so nothing new boo hoo.

And nothing Marr (or the other two) have done has even come close to what they did in the Smiths, only Morrissey has come the closest out of the bunch, the Arsenal tour was raw and powerful ! BUT, was Morrissey ever trying to repeat what the Smiths had already done? I think 'Kill Uncle' was clearly M saying that 'Smiths is dead' with the direction that music took. And I don't think any of them, and we should include all 4 members if we are going to compare each with their past and present glories, have ever gotten as close as Morrissey as far as continuing after the Smiths split to make music that really matters to people(even in the last decade). And why do people always zoom in on Morrissey when making comparisons to the Smiths?.. it's as if Morrissey WAS the Smiths!, and there may be some truth in that.
Strong words, I know. :cool:

:clap:

Morrissey was 90% of The Smiths, That's why it's fair to compare ONLY Morrissey's career with The Smiths
duh! people stop arguing 'bout that

Tags
the smiths tqid reissue

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom