Shame Is The Name

Nah I know what Bluebirds means (I think!) it's the song as a whole, the melody and general sound, does sound very familiar! I wish I could realise what it is similar to though.

What about Glass Menagerie??

am i warm yet? :p

Its a very familiar sounding track, musically, very 1980s (a big hit) same chord sequence, can't quite put my finger on it yet....

OK... Not being able to resist the irresistible (Chrissie)(":crazy:"), I've listened, and I'll give ya my two cents (instead of giving them to the Claridge Concierge): I think it has bits of "Bigmouth" thrown in. "Seniors are in their graaaves/ hairy net started to meeelt" sound pretty much samey to me dog's ears. (":crazy:").
Of course, that doesn't mean Alain has stopped to be supersexy, all of the sudden, because, well, Alain Can Do No Wrong.:ha-no:

There. I've said my piece.:drama:

Those new smileys!!!:bow:

Fantastic, I can't wait to hear this at full volume while driving at a high rate of speed (which is my favorite way to listen). Moz and Chrissie are wonderful together, which is no surprise.

I just saw The Pretenders a few weeks ago here in NYC, and Chrissie's voice is still absolutely incredible. She hit and held notes that had the audience gasping with pleasure.

...what?

this is an incredibly corny, predictable piece of music. He can easily make it to MTV with it, congratulations... :crazy:

I don't like it :squiffy:

Do I need to add this is just MY opinion?

unfortunately, it is. This song has catchy music, vocals, and cool melody.
A wonderful B side

Still can't stop listening to it - its sensational. Do we reckon there's a chance Moz will play it tonight?

Finally took a listen. I can't compare it to what's on YoR yet (next week! ;)) but I really like it- very catchy and rocking, tho I agree with mod here....

Its got about three or four too many "shame is the name" repititions for my taste

Wish Chrissie had figured more prominently, their voices gel well. Hoping this brings about more collaborations.

Fantastic, I can't wait to hear this at full volume while driving at a high rate of speed (which is my favorite way to listen).

Me too :thumb: well, when the kids aren't with ;)

The intro to Shame is the Name sounds familiar... Anyone?

*hides*

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, I've given it a good several listens and I must say it's another amazing b-side from El Mobo. I have adored Chrissie Hynde since 1980 and it always makes me happy to hear those two sing together. (Also, I must add, a relief after the last female backup singer.) This is better than "My Love Life" by miles. I would love to see them onstage together sometime. :)

Finally took a listen. I can't compare it to what's on YoR yet (next week! ;)) but I really like it- very catchy and rocking, tho I agree with mod here....

The intro to Shame is the Name sounds familiar... Anyone?

Great, he's been reduced to ripping off Green Day... Good catch Corrissey, of course, you've just outted yourself as a Green Day fan but what the hell.:eek:

Once again, Morrissey saves a radio friendly track for a b-side. He could have replaced "THPGU" with this, and it would have gone off brilliantly. There aren't many radio friendly tracks on this album - this was a mistake.:thumb:

You'll be happy to know I've come to like YOR. It is pure sugar cane bubble gum pop rock. There's nothing substantial here, but it is Morrissey. Still, I'm sad he's now afraid to show his intelligence which might ruin his lovely comeback.

The man is full of contradictions!:crazy:

Crackin' track! Can always rely on Moz in producing great b-sides - none of this remixed beyond recognition shite

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame is the name, my name..

I've come here reipping Morrissey's good name cuz I'm always drunk and I'm angry but it took this song to remind me what a genious Morrissey not Dorrissey is 2 remind me of the fact and that HE only needs a bside 2 gently bring me back 2 reality. Morrissey please forgive me. You do ROCK! LOVE, FORTBETHEL SHAME IS THE NAME RULES BROTHER MOZ, LOVE JOHN

about "shame is the name"

who does the (female) backing vocals there?

on www.morrissey.com/mp3 you can register for free and legally download a cd quality of the song.

and even though sorry doesn't help,
SORRY if this is old and already been told.

Tags
alain whyte b-side shame is the name
Back
Top Bottom