Shakespear's Sister - proof sleeve faint lilac/purple

A

Anonymous

Assistance required. I have a 12" copy of Shakespear's Sister. It is a faint lilac/purple colour and is high gloss.

It is catalogued as RTT 181 and has the same B-sides as the final 12" single and contains the run out groove "Home is Where the Art Is".

On the front cover it has small text to the bottom middle - Rough Trade/Address/Catalogue Number.

On the back of the 12" sleeve there are 9 'thumbnails' of the following releases:

Hand in Glove
This Charming Man
What Difference Does It Make
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now
William It Was Really Nothing
How Soon is Now
The Smiths
Hatful of Hollow
Meat is Murder

Is this a common proof sleeve or is it rare? It has been in my possession since I bought it as the 12" single - most likely on the day of release - those were the days. Any information will be most welcome. Thanks.

Re: Shakespear's Sister - Proof Sleeve. Faint Lilac/Purple

Assistance required. I have a 12" copy of Shakespear's Sister. It is a faint lilac/purple colour and is high gloss.

It is catalogued as RTT 181 and has the same B-sides as the final 12" single and contains the run out groove "Home is Where the Art Is".

On the front cover it has small text to the bottom middle - Rough Trade/Address/Catalogue Number.

On the back of the 12" sleeve there are 9 'thumbnails' of the following releases:

Hand in Glove
This Charming Man
How Soon is Now
The Smiths
Hatful of Hollow
Meat is Murder

Is this a common proof sleeve or is it rare? It has been in my possession since I bought it as the 12" single - most likely on the day of release - those were the days. Any information will be most welcome. Thanks.

Re: my post above. I also have the ordinary 12" but this copy also has 'TIMTOM' and 'lyn-15658-c-z' on the runout groove of the b-side. My other copy does not have this. Both were bought on the same day.

Hand in Glove
This Charming Man
How Soon is Now
The Smiths
Hatful of Hollow
Meat is Murder

Upload a pic of the SS sleeve

The lilac sleeve is the inner sleeve of the std release.
All you have in your hands is a std release with its outer sleeve missing.
Not a proof sleeve, sorry.

The lilac sleeve is the inner sleeve of the std release.
All you have in your hands is a std release with its outer sleeve missing.
Not a proof sleeve, sorry.

Thanks. This is what I had expected. I'm disappointed that it took me this long to realise exactly what you have stated. I'd still be interested in the TIMTOM on the runout groove. I haven't seen/read any comments on this even on the excellent Passions Just Like Mine.

Thanks to those who responded. I now have all the information I need and appreciate your time.

20+ years ago a mate bought this sleeve thinking it was rare... Until I showed him my standard record...

Dave

Back
Top Bottom