Morrissey Central "SEYMOUR STEIN, RIP" (April 3, 2023)

"We need him more than ever now … "

images.jpeg

"I am heartbroken today … Seymour was always so funny, and so enthusiastic. Throughout the 90s he was always on the front row … he bought me some incredible gifts, and we had so many hilarious squabbles on the good and the bad in American music history.
His enthusiasm no longer exists in the music industry - does anyone even leave their office anymore? Seymour would follow M tours around the country. He was, like the best of them, irreplaceable, and I am sick to death of death."
Morrissey.

Update:
Another Seymour post was shared later in the day:

Related item:

"We need him more than ever now … "

View attachment 90197

"I am heartbroken today … Seymour was always so funny, and so enthusiastic. Throughout the 90s he was always on the front row … he bought me some incredible gifts, and we had so many hilarious squabbles on the good and the bad in American music history.
His enthusiasm no longer exists in the music industry - does anyone even leave their office anymore? Seymour would follow M tours around the country. He was, like the best of them, irreplaceable, and I am sick to death of death."
Morrissey.

Related item:
Nice post, leaving out the bit of signing him and Johnny in 1984, haha!

Oh, his passing is so sad. From what I’ve read about him through the years, he really was a good person.

Not seen the image before (I think).

Yep, another one of the good ones is gone. RIP and God Bless to a generous, wise, and talented man.

It seems that we are losing many contributors of substance. The jury is still out on if we'll be able to replace these fine people and their roles.

Yep, another one of the good ones is gone. RIP and God Bless to a generous, wise, and talented man.

It seems that we are losing many contributors of substance. The jury is still out on if we'll be able to replace these fine people and their roles.

hear hear!

Especially artists. As far as great alternative pop music goes, I may read something, then I’ll give it a listen, and unsurprisingly it’s the same thing that’s gone before, without bringing anything new to the table, which I feel is the important part.

An artist should bring something new to the table, or don’t f***ing bother.

I have never seen SS at a Morrissey show. Not that he didn't attend. I however, saw Howie Kleine at a show in Chicago and somewhere else I forget the place.

He certainly did bring to the wider public a lot of unknown, great bands and singers that might not have been so successful if they hadn't been signed to Sire. And for that, im very thankful 👍

One week only:
Siren Song: My Life in Music.

Great read.
Previous discussion when released:

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom