Sevigny mentions Morrissey-Solo in interview

Interview with great actress and wonderful fellow-Morrissey-fan, Chloe Sevigny (oh, and did someone on here really criticise her for using a PANASONIC walkman, instead of a SONY walkman, for dressing up as 'Joan of Arc'? That's pathetic, but of course, VERY Morrissey-Solo.):

(http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/fashion/story/0,,2256451,00.html)

...It's disarming how readily she will sell herself short. Her allure hinges on the easy-going confidence she clearly has in spades and which makes those around her feel more relaxed simply for being in her vicinity.

You can tell she enjoys herself: she laughs readily, and has a nice line in humorous mannerisms - lowering her face, then looking up with raised eyebrows to express disapproval, or opening her eyes and mouth extravagantly wide to register outrage.

But there's an undercurrent of insecurity that manifests itself in anecdotes that often end with her being ignored or humiliated, such as a story about a Morrissey fansite that lays into her whenever she is seen at one of the singer's shows.

"They always make fun of me," she says sadly. "They hate me, they're really nasty." Last Halloween, she dressed as Joan of Arc from the Smiths song Bigmouth Strikes Again, complete with Walkman. "Except that the Sony ones are really hard to find, so I had a Panasonic. And on the website, they said, 'Oh, a Panasonic isn't really a Walkman.' They're such nit-pickers."

She went to see Morrissey play in Miami recently, and saw the website's manager by the hotel pool. "I tried to engage him in civilised conversation - you know, love your enemies - but I don't think he was interested." She collapses in embarrassed laughter...

Last edited:
That's pretty funny. I wasn't aware of her affinity for Moz.:)

Hey California Moz Girl.
Goodnight to California - here in Denmark it's early morning; frosty and sunny. I could do with only the latter.

I just put on my heat- I wa shivering while reading solo! ( Granted I am sure Denmark would have California beat as far as cold goes!
Hey California Moz Girl.
Goodnight to California - here in Denmark it's early morning; frosty and sunny. I could do with only the latter.

David - what have you done? I'd have engaged her quite happily. I recall at the time I dished out some profuse praise for her outfit! Chloe - if you're reading this, bung me an e-mail - we should meet!

Peter

P.S Realism 95% Irony 3% Sarcasm 2%

I remember running into her but only for a second in NYC. I didn't know who she was until after my friend Katie told me. I've seen her shows before and all, but had no idea. I was still in the daze of getting trampled for the encore. She was really nice though. If I would have been daring (and 21), I would have gone to whatever bar that group was going to.

She went to see Morrissey play in Miami recently, and saw the website's manager by the hotel pool. "I tried to engage him in civilised conversation - you know, love your enemies - but I don't think he was interested." She collapses in embarrassed laughter...

She takes it waaaay too personally.

I don't think David even cares about Morrissey's own band member's side projects because they aren't morrissey.

David - what have you done? I'd

P.S Realism 95% Irony 3% Sarcasm 2%

David is a quiet, modest person who isn't much of a Hollywood-gladhander-type. She probably mistook his personal reserve for aloofness or disinterest. I'm sure David was quite a gentleman.

Well, she was laughing about it. How hurt can someone be about getting criticised over wearing a Panasonic walkman?!

David is a quiet, modest person who isn't much of a Hollywood-gladhander-type. She probably mistook his personal reserve for aloofness or disinterest. I'm sure David was quite a gentleman.

Well, she was laughing about it. How hurt can someone be about getting criticised over wearing a Panasonic walkman?!

You're right - David is a gentleman. He was probably coughing or something when the international film star approached.

Peter

It was a brief but (I thought) nice conversation. I don't know what she expected, I didn't mention running the site at that time so I wasn't sure if she knew.

Why do they lay into her? What a bunch of c***s!

She can come to a Moz concert with me anytime, I think she's tres cool. I really liked her in American Psycho. Maybe she can be in one of my films someday.

Interview with great actress and wonderful fellow-Morrissey-fan, Chloe Sevigny (oh, and did someone on here really criticise her for using a PANASONIC walkman, instead of a SONY walkman, for dressing up as 'Joan of Arc'? That's pathetic, but of course, VERY Morrissey-Solo.):

(http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/fashion/story/0,,2256451,00.html)

...It's disarming how readily she will sell herself short. Her allure hinges on the easy-going confidence she clearly has in spades and which makes those around her feel more relaxed simply for being in her vicinity.

You can tell she enjoys herself: she laughs readily, and has a nice line in humorous mannerisms - lowering her face, then looking up with raised eyebrows to express disapproval, or opening her eyes and mouth extravagantly wide to register outrage.

But there's an undercurrent of insecurity that manifests itself in anecdotes that often end with her being ignored or humiliated, such as a story about a Morrissey fansite that lays into her whenever she is seen at one of the singer's shows.

"They always make fun of me," she says sadly. "They hate me, they're really nasty." Last Halloween, she dressed as Joan of Arc from the Smiths song Bigmouth Strikes Again, complete with Walkman. "Except that the Sony ones are really hard to find, so I had a Panasonic. And on the website, they said, 'Oh, a Panasonic isn't really a Walkman.' They're such nit-pickers."

I bagged on her for being an ugly, useless, poser Moz fan. She should be made fun of and laughed at, she's horrible.

What planet are you on thinking she's a great actress? She's as talented as a pet rock. I can't name one single movie she's been in that's been memorable, can you? she's just a fan, and a questionable one @ that. I suppose you think: Paris Hilton/Lindsey Lohan/ and Nicole Ritchie are "wonderful" and "great Actresses" too? Get a f***ing clue assbag, Chloe Sevigny is an ugly, no talent, hag who no one gives 3 jerks about. You f***ing dopes make a big deal about her, who the f*** cares about her going to his shows?

David's good people, and was probably scared shitless when that disgusting hag came near him? I know i would be.

If I bag on you honey, that should be your first f***ing clue: Alot of us don't like you!!

f*** Chloe Sevigny!!

Last edited:

Ah. You can't even be politely disinterested these days without becoming object of much social debate.

Back
Top Bottom