Morrissey Central "SETTING SUNS BEFORE THEY FALL ECHO TO YOU ‘THAT’S ALL, THAT’S ALL’…"

unnamed-1_nxhhnc.jpg

24th January (this Friday) is the official release date for IT'S OVER / IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME 7-inch disc. Available at HMV, Rough Trade, Amazon online.

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/setting-suns

Original Bowie image:
bowie-keaton1.jpg

Central reminding us the single that was available in December will be released on Friday. I'm sure the Bowie 'autograph' will provide some discussion too.

Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Those altered images aren't "snarky". Look up the definition.

Team Morrissey are photoshatting his product into those photographs for promotional purposes, thus associating his f***ing brand with a dead famous person, for monetary gain.

I know the definition. They are snarky. And they do next to nothing to make money. They fill space on his website. And annoy a few people.

I know the definition. They are snarky. And they do next to nothing to make money. They fill space on his website. And annoy a few people.

They aren't snarky. Look up the definition, ffs.

They are used for promotional purposes to advertise Morrissey product. You can see that, right?

can someone tweet Duncan, and ask what he thinks of rock stars shagging underage girl groupies???

I had to promote a Bowie related project once, just after he died, & I got so many angry tweets from feminists about the underage groupies & from cybernats about his unionism that I had to mute everything.

I don't think he'd have survived the #MeToo frenzy without a major dent in his image. He bowed out with perfect timing.

I guess the use of promotion for the sake of bringing awareness to the work (which you write of above) vs. its use for strictly monetary gain is one that can be endlessly argued. I still think it is possible to see the difference between art and advertisement.

What Artist don't want their work shared, publicized, promoted?. Without money, you can't promote. More $ = bigger campaign promotion, making the art more widely- accessible.

They are used for promotional purposes to advertise Morrissey product. You can see that, right?

You think that getting populuxe dead people to wear your t-shirt or hold your record isn't snarky? How would that function sincerely?

And how much reach would it have?

I’m a sweetheart. Which is why I don’t use the likeness and signature of someone who publicly rebuffed me doing so before (and that I couldn’t bother to say anything about when they died) to promote a single no one cares about.

1. from reading your posts on this site, it’s clear you’re not a ‘sweetheart’.

2. Bowie refuses to allow morrissey to use a photo of them together on a single sleeve. That doesn’t mean Moz can’t have a photo of Bowie on his website.

3. Maybe you don’t care about this single, but you are not everybody.

1. from reading your posts on this site, it’s clear you’re not a ‘sweetheart’.

2. Bowie refuses to allow morrissey to use a photo of them together on a single sleeve. That doesn’t mean Moz can’t have a photo of Bowie on his website.

3. Maybe you don’t care about this single, but you are not everybody.

1. Yuh huh!

59DFE816-5208-4D75-9A6B-68382895C2AD.jpeg

Same with this:
E28D0113-6C17-402D-8B39-0AB70485E25E.jpeg

3. I’m every woman. I’m every man. It’s all in me.

im counting the hours til surface surfaces with his seating plan of leeds first direct arena,we all know its going to happen.

No one alive wants to touch Morrissey with a barge pole.
He resorts now to despicable means to advertise his musical output.
All of his recent record sleeves photographs of his face, look bone chillingly evil.
He is more and more being seen for what he is.
Garbage.

I guess the use of promotion for the sake of bringing awareness to the work (which you write of above) vs. its use for strictly monetary gain is one that can be endlessly argued. I still think it is possible to see the difference between art and advertisement.

Some, like Warhol, married the two for effect, but the result is almost entirely superficial consumerism. The Morrissey of thirty years ago surely saw the difference, and would never have used such tactics for the promotion of his music. He has made it quite clear that he is not for sale over the years, but now everyone living or dead is fair game for him to exploit in this regard.

doh:

Barnaby FFS you are making a fool out of yourself. Bringing awareness to the work is done so there
can be monetary gain.
Also, Barnaby Warhol made the VU which is hardly 'superficial consumerism.'
:crazy:

Barnaby is Skinny proofreading your nonsensical posts? Perhaps he should.:lbf:

im counting the hours til surface surfaces with his seating plan of leeds first direct arena,we all know its going to happen.

:straightface:

all the sold out shows lacked coloured dots:lbf:
that discredited the loser haters for good what a catastrophe:lbf:

Those altered images aren't "snarky". Look up the definition.

Team Morrissey are photoshatting his product into those photographs for promotional purposes, thus associating his f***ing brand with a dead famous person, for monetary gain.

1. Many of these photoshopped images are made by fans.

2. It’s not as if he’s printing them on record sleeves, t-shirts or merchandise & making money from them; he just uses them on his website to illustrate posts.

3. Get a life.

No one alive wants to touch Morrissey with a barge pole.
He resorts now to despicable means to advertise his musical output.
All of his recent record sleeves photographs of his face, look bone chillingly evil.
He is more and more being seen for what he is.
Garbage.

Seriously, go & seek help.

Look everyone! I found a kid rock single signed by Beyonce!

Ah, you've done it wrong. What you should've done is photoshat a modern record into his hands or photoshat a poster on the back wall or even altered the records already in the pic.

Ok, he isn't famous or dead (to the best of my knowledge) but that's almost the same as Morrissey's lot photoshatting Morrissey product into pics of famous dead people.

1. Many of these photoshopped images are made by fans.

2. It’s not as if he’s printing them on record sleeves, t-shirts or merchandise & making money from them; he just uses them on his website to illustrate posts.

3. Get a life.

In response to your comments:

1. Whether or not the images are made by fans is irrelevant. Morrissey, who owns the site, is using the images for promotional purposes.

2. His product is photoshat into images of dead famous people for promotional purposes.

Is Morrissey's mother dead? If so, would it be ok to put an image of her on my website, holding my dick just for promotional purposes? Clearly not. And not just because of the dick. It is just wrong.

3. Good point. Really well made.

In response to your comments:

1. Whether or not the images are made by fans is irrelevant. Morrissey, who owns the site, is using the images for promotional purposes.

2. His product is photoshat into images of dead famous people for promotional purposes.

Is Morrissey's mother dead? If so, would it be ok to put an image of her on my website, holding my dick just for promotional purposes? Clearly not. And not just because of the dick. It is just wrong.

3. Good point. Really well made.

You simply hate Morrissey & spend your life trying to put a negative spin on anything to do with him to justify your hatred.

Its really quite sad. Surely you could find other, more rewarding things to do with your time?

You simply hate Morrissey & spend your life trying to put a negative spin on anything to do with him to justify your hatred.

Its really quite sad. Surely you could find other, more rewarding things to do with your time?

No, I don't hate Morrissey. The moderators or some other users could confirm this.

I do hate the photoshatting of images of famous dead people and I hate, with a f***ing passion, the cover of the new BROWN album.

No, I don't hate Morrissey. The moderators or some other users could confirm this.

I do hate the photoshatting of images of famous dead people and I hate, with a f***ing passion, the cover of the new BROWN album.

Well, that’s nice.

Enjoy all that hatred thats inside you.

I suppose you need somewhere to direct it...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom