Set List Question

Has Moz ever done These Things Take Time or What Difference Does It Make during a solo set? He slagged off the latter, saying it was rubbish five minutes after it was written, or words to that effect, but I think it made him squeamish and that he had revealed too much in it. It's one of my fave Smiths songs (as is These Things Take Time); the start is so Irish, it sounds like bagpipes playing to me.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks. I was going to ask about Hairdresser on Fire too. Love to hear that live.

It's a camp, beautiful mix of Moz and 60s girl group sounds. And I love "you are repressed but you're remarkably dressed" - great line.

It's a camp, beautiful mix of Moz and 60s girl group sounds. And I love "you are repressed but you're remarkably dressed" - great line.

Live versions have him singing.. "you might be depressed but you're remarkably dressed and that's all you need"

Last edited by a moderator:
Has Moz ever done These Things Take Time or What Difference Does It Make during a solo set? He slagged off the latter, saying it was rubbish five minutes after it was written, or words to that effect, but I think it made him squeamish and that he had revealed too much in it. It's one of my fave Smiths songs (as is These Things Take Time); the start is so Irish, it sounds like bagpipes playing to me.

Thanks in advance.

As much as I'd like to hear 'What Difference Does it Make?' live, why would he play something that he slagged off as being one of his least favorite Smiths' songs? :blushing:

Back
Top Bottom