SER YT: "Morrissey - The Night Pop Dropped / Morrissey chants at The Hammersmith 2023" (March 24, 2023)

At the end during Will Never Marry, I have the mustard T Shirt on bowing to him. When I realised I was on the stage I thought, f*** what to I do now:ROFLMAO: He actually bowed back!
He loves that moment doesn’t he—when suddenly the attention switches from him, as he throws it back on you.

I chased his car after the ‘95 Drury Lane gig, only to find that after five minutes of breathless running, I’d only gone and caught up with him at a set of traffic lights. I was more surprised than him, and he just stared at me.

I blew him a kiss—and he was still laughing when the lights turned green.

We need a special thread for "I met Moz" or "I was on stage with Moz" or "I have permanent injuries cos of Moz". Would be thrilling reading. Or "I paid €250 for a Moz signed record but it made sense at the time."
Or a thread for ‘I’ve got no bloody money cos of Moz’ , mind you, it’s money I’ve happily paid out for records and gigs

At the end during Will Never Marry, I have the mustard T Shirt on bowing to him. When I realised I was on the stage I thought, f*** what to I do now:ROFLMAO: He actually bowed back!
That is hilarious. I have gotten almost that close to him but my back was turned and I did not know he was there, I am completely jealous!

I never knew about that until a mate bought the video and rang me to let me know. Different nowadays, I was on the stage with Buzzcocks in 2017 and fell into the gap between the stage and the crowd barrier and ended up with 23 stitches in my leg. My wife said what the hell happened and I said I was pushed over the barrier but then my kids found footage on you tube and I was in deep shit for a couple of days:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 89997
ouch,painful stuff.

I never knew about that until a mate bought the video and rang me to let me know. Different nowadays, I was on the stage with Buzzcocks in 2017 and fell into the gap between the stage and the crowd barrier and ended up with 23 stitches in my leg. My wife said what the hell happened and I said I was pushed over the barrier but then my kids found footage on you tube and I was in deep shit for a couple of days:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 89997
That’s a nasty/cool battle scar. Something to impress the grandkids with 👍

That’s a nasty/cool battle scar. Something to impress the grandkids with 👍

Steve Diggle remembered the incident (Pete just looked and thought WTF, but Steve checked I was ok) and at another show asked me what had happened, he thought it was hilarious and they included my story on the sleeve notes for their live compilation Late For The Train (they listed people's memories of their gigs)

Steve Diggle remembered the incident (Pete just looked and thought WTF, but Steve checked I was ok) and at another show asked me what had happened, he thought it was hilarious and they included my story on the sleeve notes for their live compilation Late For The Train (they listed people's memories of their gigs)
Ha! Great story, with a lovely outcome.

Steve is a legend. And I miss Pete Shelley. Buzzcocks are still a very underrated band. ‘Innocent’ was a great comeback single in ‘93, still one of my favourites. A good memory to have even if you had to mangle your leg first 😁👍

Anyone remember Pete opening for The Smiths on their final gig at Brixton 1986? It was a great night although no one in attendance knew that was it. Was a great set list too that night. Opened with Hand in Glove. Fantastic

Steve is a legend. And I miss Pete Shelley. Buzzcocks are still a very underrated band. ‘Innocent’ was a great comeback single in ‘93, still one of my favourites. A good memory to have even if you had to mangle your leg first 😁👍

Buzzcocks have always been one of my favourite bands and Ive seen them probably more than 50 times since I was 15. I've seen them a couple of times since Pete passed away and I wasn't sure what they would be like but they've been great as it's essentially a set of Steve's songs plus the hits so it works well. The new album is great as well and the single Manchester Rain is played at Man City's ground every week apparently.

Buzzcocks have always been one of my favourite bands and Ive seen them probably more than 50 times since I was 15. I've seen them a couple of times since Pete passed away and I wasn't sure what they would be like but they've been great as it's essentially a set of Steve's songs plus the hits so it works well. The new album is great as well and the single Manchester Rain is played at Man City's ground every week apparently.

Yes I saw that video on a strange programme on really late called The Heritage Chart hosted my Mike Read. Not sure how it’s compiled but Buzzcocks Manchester Rain was in there alongside PILs very moving Hawaii.

Yes I saw that video on a strange programme on really late called The Heritage Chart hosted my Mike Read. Not sure how it’s compiled but Buzzcocks Manchester Rain was in there alongside PILs very moving Hawaii.
Hosted BY Mike Read, not my Mike Read

Anyone remember Pete opening for The Smiths on their final gig at Brixton 1986? It was a great night although no one in attendance knew that was it. Was a great set list too that night. Opened with Hand in Glove. Fantastic
I must amend this post, they finished with Hand in Glove, not opened with 👍

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom