SER YT: "Morrissey - The Night Pop Dropped / Morrissey chants at The Hammersmith 2023" (March 24, 2023)

Yes, I used to be the same. As you say time is ticking so fast.
I think all we can hope for is some cobbled together bootleg ECT.

I’m really amazed at this Antwerp gig tho.
He’s just got precious up from the audience and they had brief chat,
She then asked for a hug, he said no, I’m busy. 🤣🤣
That’s really funny, is it on YouTube?

Is this song about the night his grandpa died?
I thought "pop" meant father.

a while back, before we heard the song, based on the title alone, I said it might be about Iggy Pop. The lyrics kind of point there, but still a bit ambiguous to say for sure.

And using the back drop of Jackie Wilson, doesn’t help.

Seeing and listening to Morrissey so close by, how else can Moz fans express their love besides shouting I love you?

- Chanting 🎶Morrissey Morrissey Morrissey ...

Yes, even from halfway across the planet, I chant too, because to say I love you is just not enough.

I’m watching the Antwerp gig from the other week, eagerly awaiting the new songs in full.
I'm watching the Introducing Morrissey concert. Perfect quality on utube and features the definitive version of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself. Hard to believe it's almost 30 years when I first saw it on TV. I think it was a Friday night and I stayed in to watch it. One of Moz's best recorded concerts I think anyway.

I'm watching the Introducing Morrissey concert. Perfect quality on utube and features the definitive version of Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself. Hard to believe it's almost 30 years when I first saw it on TV. I think it was a Friday night and I stayed in to watch it. One of Moz's best recorded concerts I think anyway.

I’m in that video, I’d been out all afternoon on the lash in Sheffield and ended up on stage somehow😂

Agreed, fantastic show, I loved his plasters and bruises phase, looked so cool too.
I think it’s still available on DVD

Yes, Introducing Morrissey and The Malady Lingers On are the only essential official video releases—unless/until the brilliant South Bank Show episode gets a release.

Those WERE the days.....

Yes, Introducing Morrissey and The Malady Lingers On are the only essential official video releases—unless/until the brilliant South Bank Show episode gets a release.
And M In Manchester with the great version of Jack The Ripper (black and white/colour).

Last edited:
At the end during Will Never Marry, I have the mustard T Shirt on bowing to him. When I realised I was on the stage I thought, f*** what to I do now:ROFLMAO: He actually bowed back!
I watched that today earlier and noticed he bowed back! Classic.

At the end during Will Never Marry, I have the mustard T Shirt on bowing to him. When I realised I was on the stage I thought, f*** what to I do now:ROFLMAO: He actually bowed back!
well done surf,just watched it.

well done surf,just watched it.

I never knew about that until a mate bought the video and rang me to let me know. Different nowadays, I was on the stage with Buzzcocks in 2017 and fell into the gap between the stage and the crowd barrier and ended up with 23 stitches in my leg. My wife said what the hell happened and I said I was pushed over the barrier but then my kids found footage on you tube and I was in deep shit for a couple of days:ROFLMAO:

IMG_0947.jpeg

We need a special thread for "I met Moz" or "I was on stage with Moz" or "I have permanent injuries cos of Moz". Would be thrilling reading. Or "I paid €250 for a Moz signed record but it made sense at the time."

Agreed, fantastic show, I loved his plasters and bruises phase, looked so cool too.
I think it’s still available on DVD
Yep I have the DVD but the utube version is 4K or is way clearer than the DVD. I also have it on VHS from when I recorded it on TV back in the 90's. It has 'Swinging On A Star' instead of 'Will Never Marry' outro tune. I guess it was cheaper for Moz to use his own song for the end credits for the official DVD release.

I think this is a very strong song, but ‘then’ I’m a massive Charlatans fan too.

Alright!!!! This is a pretty groovy song!!!! For a live clip even, it's really powerful.

Bring on more new tracks!!!! :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom