SER reveals the gatefold image for TQID boxset.

Via Instagram stories - an image many of us are familiar with.

40938_ser_tqid.jpg

20171014_010655.png

The mp4 it comes from:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qy6xas
Regards,
FWD.

The original image:
Smiths-800x530.jpg

Credited to Oli Scarff / Getty.
Published in the Boston Globe, 2010.
Students protesting tuition fee rises.

Related item:

Last edited:
[QUOTE="
View attachment 42434
Credited to Oli Scarff / Getty.
Published in the Boston Globe, 2010.
Students protesting tuition fee rises.[/QUOTE]

A proper skinhead girl, where did they all go after "This is England"?

That makes me so happy. That image is one of the most iconic in relation to the Smiths, in my opinion. Despite the fact (or maybe because of) that it came so long after they disbanded.

I don't like it.
It's posed and very much arranged like a commercial, almost as if this event takes place every other week for tourists.
I like the cover of Low in High-School much more cause it is funny.

It is not posed, it was an ad-hoc photo at a demonstration.

Okay thank, but it looks posed.
And I don't like the implication of it as some kind of political revolution against the monarchy, the institutions as they should be destroyed. That's all laughable and fake.
Each time you vote, you support the process, OK, so we should not vote, but then what?

I never heard the self voted revolutionaries like Russell Brand or Moz come up with a better system or even idea.
It is all like they have some vague idea of anarchy being desirable and liberating.
But for who?
It is totally irrational, misleading and real anarchy making things worser then they are.

It's the romantic idea of Bakoenin, destroying everything, creating chaos and on the ruins we will build a new society, paradise for all. If there are still people who survived, that is and if they don't get killed by the new regime for collaboration as that was the only way to survive.

It is not posed, it was an ad-hoc photo at a demonstration.

í love ad-hoc's work. he's a genius. German right? Cousin of Hande? ...

I don't like it.
It's posed and very much arranged like a commercial, almost as if this event takes place every other week for tourists.
I like the cover of Low in High-School much more cause it is funny.

I agree with you. its very posed. not good.

Okay thank, but it looks posed.
And I don't like the implication of it as some kind of political revolution against the monarchy, the institutions as they should be destroyed. That's all laughable and fake.
Each time you vote, you support the process, OK, so we should not vote, but then what?

I never heard the self voted revolutionaries like Russell Brand or Moz come up with a better system or even idea.
It is all like they have some vague idea of anarchy being desirable and liberating.
But for who?
It is totally irrational, misleading and real anarchy making things worser then they are.

It's the romantic idea of Bakoenin, destroying everything, creating chaos and on the ruins we will build a new society, paradise for all. If there are still people who survived, that is and if they don't get killed by the new regime for collaboration as that was the only way to survive.

But it is a genuine non posed photo of a protestor. It was a march against the imposition of new student fees I believe. Once in a lifetime shot, but absolutely real.

Tags
tqid reissue
Back
Top Bottom