SER denies driving car, names officer in FB comments; Morrissey quoted in Metro.co.uk article

Update: Sam has just written in his facebook page (comment in the photo post) it was not him driving the car and he was not in italy at the moment. What the hell?

This is getting more and more ridiculous.

Links posted anonymously:

Sam Esty Rayner Photography Facebook comment (July 7):
The Italian newspapers state, on behalf of Roma Polizia, that the driver of the car was Sam Esty Rayner.

Sam was not the driver; was not in the car; was not in Italy on the date of the incident.

Also earlier:

Sam Esty Rayner Photography Facebook comment (July 5):
The police officer who attacked Morrissey at 7.45 pm on July 4th in Rome, Italy, is named Barone Raffaele.

40322_ser_fb_comments.jpg

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey claims he was ‘terrorised by police officer who drew his gun’ - Metro.co.uk

Excerpt:

The state police website claimed Morrissey had an attitude from the outset and was astonished he had not been recognised.

It added police were eventually able to identify him after making further inquiries.

Morrissey told Metro.co.uk: ‘Yes, I had an attitude – of someone being provoked. I do not expect anyone anywhere to know who I am. If this is all the police can say in their defence, then you must draw your own conclusions.

‘If this can happen to me on a busy, daylight street in Roma, then Italy places itself right up there with Syria in terms of moral stability.

‘With armed psychopaths free on the streets of Roma, then incoming migrants will soon be storming Italian borders to get back to Libya.

‘Italy’s ranking as 126th most dangerous country in the world has now shifted to number 1.’

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
these posts of mis/information from various sources from both sides really just leads to more assumption and speculation that is not based on fact, meaning a comprehensive and complete picture that can be judged as true by both sides of the parties involved. We're still all in the dark at this point.

Agreed - remember the good ol' days when Morrissey released a steady stream of singles and albums? Some great, some OK, and some even sub-par ... but a lot more discussion worthy than this nonsense.

What really gets me right now is the records seem to be brief interludes from the ensuing drama of a career went off the rails long ago.

It feels like Morrissey is really struggling from the modern world and the way the industry has changed since even the early 00's. Beyond Quarry there is nothing consistent. He can't do it on his own and certainly needs to trust industry types. And compromise. There is not one single episode of recent times I can name as being the defining factor in what's become a downfall. It's like that. I still like the music but I'm not an apologist to the point where I'm gonna defend him to the hilt. The Smiths are about nostalgia for many younger fans and I'd rather there be a few more good records to keep things current, a few live dates. But we get this crap.

The papers were lying/got it wrong, the police never spoke of sam.
We'll never get to the truth. That doesn't necessarily stop speculation and assumption from wherever your position on the matter is.

It is what it is. I'm too lazy even to read some of the source material to check whether SER is quoted as being there. That's where I'm at :)

What really gets me right now is the records seem to be brief interludes from the ensuing drama of a career went off the rails long ago.

It feels like Morrissey is really struggling from the modern world and the way the industry has changed since even the early 00's. Beyond Quarry there is nothing consistent. He can't do it on his own and certainly needs to trust industry types. And compromise. There is not one single episode of recent times I can name as being the defining factor in what's become a downfall. It's like that. I still like the music but I'm not an apologist to the point where I'm gonna defend him to the hilt. The Smiths are about nostalgia for many younger fans and I'd rather there be a few more good records to keep things current, a few live dates. But we get this crap.
You put that stunningly well. That's my line of thinking as well. That he's stuck in a past that no longer exists, and a bit angry and confused by the fact that what used to work, no longer works. It pains me to see him squander the goodwill of not only his fans, but the public with his damaging hyperbolic nonsense. If Rome is now Syria, then perhaps Morrissey and his soft boys should try to record the next album there.

i dont know what to believe. im a little disgusted by the whole "because you're doing something i dont like im gonna take your picture and post it on the internet and publicly shame you" mentality (is moz SURE he doesnt want a twitter??? that seems to me the very sort of thing they do on twitter). but at the same time, i feel a little bad that i dont just automatically believe him and that for a moment i allowed myself to believe that he was someone other than the good person i am sure he is. *sigh* it's all too much for one bunny! i will say that regarding someone mentioning amanda knox: if anyone wants to see how bungling and inept the italian police are, watch the amanda knox documentary! shocking what they got away with and how they sought to justify it afterwards.
bottom line: i still love you mozzzzzzzzzer! if you get a twitter account ill get one too, then we can chat, yes?!?!

I remember the "supreme" feud ... it was kinda like the same he said they said .. I just wish Morrissey had a better team to cover him. Sometimes I think it's like a constant auto sabotage , why? You are better than that Moz , I know you are true to your beliefs but many things are unnecessary. To be your PR , that'd be a job I could happily take you wouldn't regret.

‘Italy’s ranking as 126th most dangerous country in the world has now shifted to number 1.'

All this over a policeman asking to see your papers? Jesus H - talk about a diva strop. Get a grip dude. For all your millions you are the same as the rest of us. Occasionally you have to have to submit to the minor inconvenience of local authority, whether it's a traffic cop stopping you for speeding or a customs officer doing a random patdown, or airport staff telling you where to stand (remember when he complained about that one?). That doesn't make them Hitler, and you some terribly persecuted charity case we should all feel sorry for. You can't just flounce through life in your big girl's blouse like some special case to whom the rules don't apply.

Many years ago Morrissey tried to convince us that 'The Queen is Dead', but it's clear this drama queen is very much alive.

these posts of mis/information from various sources from both sides really just leads to more assumption and speculation that is not based on fact, meaning a comprehensive and complete picture that can be judged as true by both sides of the parties involved. We're still all in the dark at this point.

Therefore, Morrissey-Solo will always do what Morrissey-Solo does. 100% Morrissey's fault for the anti-Morrissey trolls, and 0% Morrissey's fault for the one-eyed supporters. Why bother suspending judgement when you can just automatically go all in on one side or the other!

I don't even care at this stage. It's summer and I'm going out for a walk. Moz and the cops and the illiterate journalists can all get in a car and drive up a one way street to the resurrection for all I care. Pack of whinging gits.

I remember the "supreme" feud ... it was kinda like the same he said they said .. I just wish Morrissey had a better team to cover him. Sometimes I think it's like a constant auto sabotage , why? You are better than that Moz , I know you are true to your beliefs but many things are unnecessary. To be your PR , that'd be a job I could happily take you wouldn't regret.
Could you imagine being his P.R.? "Um... Hello Morrissey. Yes, it's me AGAIN. Yes. For the third time this week. I'm going to put this as gently as I can, but for the good of your career, we're going to need you to shut the f*** up and work on that album. We have live dates lined up, no! We aren't going to cancel them, Jesus Christ..." *line goes dead as P.R. fires single round into own temple*

I know how ya feel Moz. Don't like people havin' authority over me either. Turn this negative energy into somethin' artistic my man.

Therefore, Morrissey-Solo will always do what Morrissey-Solo does. 100% Morrissey's fault for the anti-Morrissey trolls, and 0% Morrissey's fault for the one-eyed supporters. Why bother suspending judgement when you can just automatically go all in on one side or the other!

Out of everything posted this rings the truest. I personally don't really care that much about any of this and I think most fans not on solo probably don't either. I thought the reaction to the police officer, based on the flimsy info we have to be justifiable imo. I thought the cancelation of shows to be childish and punishes no one except his fans there. As for his statements about syria and whatever else, that's just par for the course. He's always made dramatic statements ever since the smiths days and I don't really pay it much mind

Who outside of the Moz bubble really even know who SER is? I think if he's gonna make a statement about where he was in the world then he ought to back this up with a bit of evidence. Or have people naturally assumed Sam was driving.

I dunno. I lost certain faith when things failed to be all about the music.

You know, that should help, but I think newspapers should absolutely check their facts. I don't know where the news that Sam was driving came from but it was and is reported on all italian newspapers, including the one I posted in another thread, which is probably the major italian newspaper right now. Either SER is blatantly lying, which I honestly don't think, or journalists - more probably - did not do their jobs at all, causing a mess - I don't know if you've been on SER facebook page but it's full of disgusting and hateful comments. I hate my fellow countrymen right now. I have never loved them that much to be honest but Jesus - they're full of hate, sexism, racism, it makes me sick. I am very sorry.

Bravo, you've summed up what I've felt for the past several years as a Smiths/Morrissey fan. As I've mentioned before, the clock on career, and more importantly life, is ticking down (frankly for all of us). Does he really want this foolishness to be his final legacy ... can he still dig deep and remind us of why we used to feel so inspired? Or is it already finalized and we should just be thankful we got what we already have?

But don't forget the songs that made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you

Bravo, you've summed up what I've felt for the past several years as a Smiths/Morrissey fan. As I've mentioned before, the clock on career, and more importantly life, is ticking down (frankly for all of us). Does he really want this foolishness to be his final legacy ... can he still dig deep and remind us of why we used to feel so inspired? Or is it already finalized and we should just be thankful we got what we already have?

But don't forget the songs that made you cry
And the songs that saved your life
Yes, you're older now and you're a clever swine
But they were the only ones who ever stood by you

You and I both know this only has one ending.

With a multi million world-tour.

Could you imagine being his P.R.? "Um... Hello Morrissey. Yes, it's me AGAIN. Yes. For the third time this week. I'm going to put this as gently as I can, but for the good of your career, we're going to need you to shut the f*** up and work on that album. We have live dates lined up, no! We aren't going to cancel them, Jesus Christ..." *line goes dead as P.R. fires single round into own temple*
:brows:Actually that's exactly how I imagined it

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom